3D Rendering

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 3D Rendering

Post by rcperryls »

Not sure it is silly, but that doesn't matter if it was fun to do. And very generous on your part. I'm sure those who downloaded your creations are delighted. I expect you will start seeing them in all sorts of places. Have you ever asked people who do download, what they are planning to do with them? Would be interesting to know.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Well, I do know of one where I have been told.
A Canadian lady by the name of "Catherine" posted this image in her Halloween series. It uses the wall & door prop (somewhat re-coloured), a doorway fitness rail I've created and one of a set of poses for it. The result is not remotely like anything I had expected:
Catherine is also offering the blue hair as a freebie for people to use... Think I'll pass on that one!

Generally I'll only come across usage of my freebies by accident. The one below is a pose I uploaded last year during lockdown (https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/i ... e-pose-014) and has featured in a couple of different images, the one below is one of the more completely clothed images.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

That is one creepy Halloween photo. I do like the bottom photo. And over 1000 downloads on that figure have occurred. I can't imagine a more flattering (though that isn't the word I was thinking of but it will work until I find what I man) and complimentary way to know that you have created something very very good. That's a fair amount of people using your creation.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Carole, I know what you mean. I do feel both pleased, flattered and somewhat bewildered by the reaction still. The highest number of downloads is from a set of athletics warm-up poses, two thousand two hundred and thirty six. Surely not?

It's hard to imagine such poses as being so popular. But they are the only ones like that available, so possibly lots of people want them in their library to cover the 'just in case' event when they suddenly want to get fit, and start rendering images of people getting fit instead of getting all hot and sweaty themselves. Really don't know.

It's funny, on many of the pose sets I have done, I've converted the female poses to male poses (where not gender specific, and few of the ones I do are). The difference in download numbers is stark. It's rare for male versions to exceed 40% of the female version downloads.

Regards,

Richard.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 pm It's funny, on many of the pose sets I have done, I've converted the female poses to male poses (where not gender specific, and few of the ones I do are). The difference in download numbers is stark. It's rare for male versions to exceed 40% of the female version downloads.
Perhaps that is a clue as to who is downloading the poses. Either those who want to look or those who are trying to emulate?

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Roland

Post by Roland »

I replied in this thread earlier…but it’s not here. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe I forgot to submit.

Anyway….

I don’t remember ever seeing this thread before today. These pictures are amazing. I especially like Springing Forward.
richardandtracy

rcperryls wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:28 pm
richardandtracy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:37 pm It's funny, on many of the pose sets I have done, I've converted the female poses to male poses (where not gender specific, and few of the ones I do are). The difference in download numbers is stark. It's rare for male versions to exceed 40% of the female version downloads.
Perhaps that is a clue as to who is downloading the poses. Either those who want to look or those who are trying to emulate?

Carole
:roll:
Carole,

I honestly don't know. The image and freebie contributors seem to be pretty evenly split, with regards to gender. I have a suspicion that it's down to the fact the male models are a great deal less pretty to look at. Think of advertising; The greater preponderance of images include female actors/models regardless of the gender of the target audience, and of the 'lower shelf' magazines in a newsagent, the women's magazines seem to have almost no male models at all.

There are a surprising number of book covers created using 3d rendering. More seem to be used on self published digital books than through traditional publishing houses, but that route does occur. There do seem to be a number of independent artists who make a living by being commissioned to create a cover for a book. Here is one on a 'real' book with a cover that started as a 3d render, though there's a lot of 2d Photoshop work too. Wish I could have some artistic talent too...

I am constantly amazed by the varied routes things are created these days.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy

Roland wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:04 am I replied in this thread earlier…but it’s not here. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe I forgot to submit.

Anyway….

I don’t remember ever seeing this thread before today. These pictures are amazing. I especially like Springing Forward.
Thanks. I do like that image myself. It's fairly difficult to make a still image on its own raise a smile, and I think that one does, not really needing any form of back story.

Regards,

Richard.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

My goodness you have managed to make them look so much more natural than many of these figures do!
Now we just need some natural-looking embroiderers...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Oh dear, you have seen through me.
I have been trying to think of a way of getting my charting program to export a mockup with enough invented surface, transparency and texture information to create a realistic image that seems as if it's stitched. Not sure I have got there yet, but I think it's a matter of months rather than years. Creating models of stitching frames and the like will be relatively easy in comparison, and poses.. well, I seem to be able to do them.

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy

I have been trying to pose characters interacting with one another. It's about 3x harder than doing two single figures. The characters must be looking in the correct directions, right expressions, not having bits of their body intersecting with the other character, look as if they're going to stay upright etc etc. Anyway, the image below is my second effort (throwing the lass into the river earlier was my first) and it was a steep learning curve. Anyway... The characters weren't meant to look quite as besotted with one another as they ended up. Ah well, anything that's not an abject failure has to be a win... No?

Here it is:

Regards,

Richard
Mabel Figworthy

Very convincing, and it makes me invent dialogues to go with it :-)

(The first one that came to mind suggests I didn't quite get the besottedness...:
Woman, playfully: But you said we could start looking for a house!
Man, taken aback: Woah! Let's not rush things, OK?)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:06 am Ah well, anything that's not an abject failure has to be a win... No?
The answer is YES! It's a win! And I think Mabel's dialogue fits the photo perfectly.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Thankee kindly.

Personally I think she's suggesting a kitten, and he's more of a dog person. And will stay that way right up to the moment the kitten falls asleep on his lap.

Regards,

Richard.
Mabel Figworthy

That is a MUCH nicer interpretation :-) !
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:37 pm Thankee kindly.

Personally I think she's suggesting a kitten, and he's more of a dog person. And will stay that way right up to the moment the kitten falls asleep on his lap.

Regards,

Richard.
Like this scenario very much. I know from experience it works too.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

I agree, Carole, the power of a kitten's overwhelming 'Cuteness' should never be underestimated. Works pretty well with adult cats too. I was converted first morning when I saw two yellow eyes on the pillow next to me first morning after my avatar cat joined us in our house. He had his head on the pillow, body under the covers and was purring at me from a range of around three inches (approx 8cm).

Regards,

Richard.
richardandtracy

ETA - Oops. I just remembered - I have effectively double posted this. A while ago I also put the image in the 'Smile for the day' thread. Please forgive me. -

Had a little bit of fun creating the image below. It was another little competition entry where most of what is used had to be free. The Car was the only thing I paid for. The theme was 'How to repair...' and my entry continued '... the car when it blows raspberries at you.'. First a bit of explanation:

The 2CV is hard on its spark plugs, the spark needs to go through both of the car's spark plugs at the same time to make the circuit, and this opens the gaps to the point where it occasionally misfires in one of its two cylinders and it sounds like the car is blowing a raspberry at you. When that happens you need to take the plugs out and adjust them - 0.50 to 0.53mm, and misfires start at 0.76mm. Dad is showing his kids how to do this. Nico, being the older, is first to try. She bends over the engine & unbalances, knocking out the bonnet support at the same time. Easily enough done - I've unbalanced myself and I've seen the bonnet support knocked out on a TV bloopers programme.

Hope it raises a smile.

Regards,

Richard
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm Hope it raises a smile.
It does!

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Thanks Carole. Glad you enjoyed it.

Regards,

Richard