Buying 32 ct linen in bulk?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kuschelschaf

Buying 32 ct linen in bulk?

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Alright... so as I get more of the Diane Graebner Amish patterns, I realized that I want to keep things consistent. Some of the patterns are on different colors, but for the most part they are on white fabric. I originally started "Rainy Day Walk" on aida (and I finished it a while back) but I hate working on aida and I have some nice grey linen I got from Hungary. For consistency, I want to do them all on linen, and I will redo the "Rainy Day Walk" piece. Because I will need a lot of 32 ct white linen, I wondered if it was possible to buy linen in bulk? It's probably a lot cheaper in the long run.

Michael's and AC Moore craft stores are very very minimal in the needlework department. They haven't stocked their DMC floss in over two months and they have only a few pieces of super cheap aida. Hobby Lobby is in North Myrtle, so it's not somewhere I can go often, and last time I was there there wasn't much linen at all. Yarn Tree has it by the bolt, but it looks like they only sell to wholesalers (of which I am not... lol

Any thoughts?
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Squirrel

Re: Buying 32 ct linen in bulk?

Post by Squirrel »

That sounds like a sensible idea to get a bulk order of linen but where you would get such a thing I am unable to help with. Knowing the expertise on here I am sure someone will come up with the answer. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I buy my fabric by the yard, so yes, you can get it in bulk. Try 123stitch.com (https://123stitch.com/32-Count-Linen" target="_blank). Figure out how much you need. A 'full' yard is 36 inches x 55 inches depending on the fabric and manufacturer. (Some are 50 inches, some a little less and some a little more. It depends on how wide the fabric is.) That's a lot of fabric. A half yard (a "fat half") would be about 36 inches x 26 inches (again depending on the fabric and manufacturer). You can also get a "fat quarter" which would be about 18 inches x 26 inches.

WIP
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I found this site Kuschelschaf if you scroll down it shows the available colours and sizes. They are based in Dayton, Ohio. The sizes go up to 2 yards at 55 inches which is pretty significant. Hope this helps :)

https://www.everythingcrossstitch.com/w ... 27616.aspx" target="_blank
Eat, Sleep, Stitch, Repeat ...