I’m BACK !!!!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

dwitt

I’m BACK !!!!

Post by dwitt »

Well first to all the older members who remember me I missed you all. And to the new members Hello.
Now to where have I been? That is a long story the older members they may remember that I was pregnant before I left well on 9/1/2013 I had a stroke while taking a nap on my day off from work and spent a month in the hospital. But wait. That’s not all! On 11/23/2013 I had ANOTHER stroke and emergency c-section and spent almost another month in the hospital. All this while I was pregnant. So I spent a lot of time in the hospital and while I wish I could have stitched I really only had one completely functioning hand. Now five years later I really want to start stitching again it will continue my recovery
I will create another post that is more detailed about road to recovery if anyone is interested.
Desiree Witt
It’s not not IF you will recover but WHEN you will.
You can NEVER have too many cross stitch patterns! :D
Mabel Figworthy

Re: I’m BACK !!!!

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back Desiree :wave: ! It's lovely to have you back, and I hope stitching will prove great therapy in your continued recovery!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

Thanks mabel :)
Desiree Witt
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Wow, you've been through it all. Welcome back to the forum. I hope it helps your recovery.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Hello and welcome back to the forum!! I definitely remember you and I am so happy to see you rejoin!! Hoping and praying that you continue to improve and that your recovery will soon be 100%!! :wub:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Welcome back :wave: great to have you back with us again. So sorry to hear that you have been ill. You have certainly been through it. I hope cross stitch will help with your recovery.
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: :whoop: you must have remembered your password. Hip hip hooray. It is so good to have you back. And we will be more than happy to help you get back to your stitching.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

I have only just joined but on reading your post I just had to come on & wish you all the best for a better future health wise. Do hope you are able to stitch again
Jessica

Butterflies are some of nature's most precious jewels
Ciors

Post by Ciors »

Welcome back! :wave: I wish you only the best in your continuing recovery and hope you can get back to your stitching soon.
Ciorstaidh :)

Current WIP:
- Blue Moon Moose
- Nightmare Before Christmas (Haunted Mansion)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well! If this isn't the best of all. :P How lovely to have you back with us once more! There are still quite a number of us Old Guard around, and you will notice many changes, too. The Stash & Grab has expanded with a Winter Garden and a treehouse (although the treehouse might have been in place), and the access from it to St Cross Stitchers has been improved. Your favourite set ups are now in place in both spaces, to encourage the stitching bug (a flighty creature, as you know). There's usually somebody around the place, so I hope you'll settle in comfortably once more. :D
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Welcome back, Desiree! I am sure stitching will make you feel like new (not to the Forum, but in general- stronger, happier, more cheerful, full of energy and stitching plans).

Wishing you all the best and happy stitching!
Lyudmila
poppy

Post by poppy »

How lovely to have you back after all what you have been through :hug:
Looking forward to your posts. :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

I remember you and reading of your ill health before, has it really been so long? Glad to hear you are finally on the mend and i think wanting to start your hobby again is a great step, Welcome back xx
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Welcome Back I am so glad that you have survived the oh so difficult last few months and years and are on the road to recovery.
I am certainly looking forward to seeing your beautiful work again.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

Ok so I am reviving this post because I hope I hope that I can truly be back this time. I have been really busy with my son and life I didn't realize that a 5 year old boy could take up so much time (n (and yes he turned 5 while I was gone :? ). Also I had no idea that the holidays could be so much more hectic with a child, silly me :doh: ,
Well my hubby has found the stylus for my iPad so that will make posting much easier. I lost it :tantrum: so that was another reason I was MIA, typing on an i Pad without is very :roll: , and I don't always have access to an computer anymore. :-x
Now that I have what I need I hope to visit much more often.It is going to be on my list of things to do after I check my email, instead of playing candy crush :wink: . Maybe I will be able to sneak in some stitchy time in between laundry and cleaning the kitchen too. :ratherbe:
Desiree Witt
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Glad to have you back again. And glad that you have the tools you need to stitch and post on the forum when you can. We will be happy to get as much of your time as you can give us. And it is hard when you have a 5 year old. Especially during the holidays. If they are anything like mine were, they tried so hard to be good around Christmas that the stress of that seemed to make them worse. :roll:

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker