UK Newbie

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Jessica28

UK Newbie

Post by Jessica28 »

Hi, I'm Jessica & have been crafting as long as I can remember.

In recent years taken up cross stitch & really enjoy it. I really enjoy Dimensions kits & have quite a few put away. Currently on Lakeside Village. Have no particular theme, just what appeals to me.

Have a cat who recently has taken to inspecting my work. I think it is more the case he likes the softer, wider recliner chair I recently bought! 2nd hand but looks new.

Before coming to Welcome section looked at what members have been buying. Wonderful things there. Love to see quilts but I would not have the patience to make one. Lovely items for goldwork too. Looking forward to seeing the lady's quilt she is going to make for charity. I knit for charity, a few knit & natter clubs around here so go to those. The quilt shown by another lady is beautiful; such bright colours, must light up the room it is in.

Quickly looked into the hospital & the pub cum park. Who does the cleaning & lawn mowing? Do we have to take it in turns :) And also a word game, I love those. No good at number puzzles but enjoy crosswords etc. Look forward to joining in with that as well as the stitching. Not looked at the Gallery or Tips & Tricks yet, so much to see.

Jessica :)
Jessica

Butterflies are some of nature's most precious jewels
Serinde

Re: UK Newbie

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave:

Glad you've had a look around. It's quite a place, doncha think? We have a whole section for other crafts than cross-stitch, so do feel free to show us what you get up to with your knitting.

As for who takes care of the chores in the gardening, etc., well, we all pitch in tidying up the Stash & Grab after a party, of course. Dr Tiny Cat is in charge of St Cross Stitchers. And there are amiable chaps that seem to move the magic bench and armchairs around as needed (when we haven't lost them, that is). If you feel like a putter about in the Winter Gardens, feel free! Tools can be found in the shed back behind the main pavilion. :P
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Thank you. Goodness me, you have a Winter Garden as well as all the rest, the mind boggles!! Love the fact Dr. Tiny Cat looks after the hospital.

Whoever made all these wonderful creations/buildings sure did an excellent job. Happy to help out with tidying the gardens when weather is not too cold or too hot - therapeutic to nurture tender plants. Plus, of course, I would need to cool down in the pub afterwards in the summer with a lemonade & lime on the rocks & warm up with a hot toddy in the winter!

Jessica
Jessica

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The Winter Gardens was Mabel's idea, I seem to remember. She'll have you planting virtual tulips come October, if you are interested, but all the work is well worth the effort come springtime. 8)
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Thank you both.
Jessica

fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hello and welcome to the forum. You will love it here everyone is so lovely and helpful.We love pic so send us some of your work :wave:
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Many thanks to you all. Don't have photos of previous work but will take photos of those I have kept.
Jessica

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Welcome from me in SW France! :wave:

If you stroll around the lake you'll see the Tree House where you can sit in a 'bug free' zone and watch the sun go down. Over the other side there are woods where all Endangered Species live in Perfect Harmony so don't be surprised to see Mountain Gorillas. :lol:
Walk down towards the sea and look for the recently vacated Puffin Burrows too as they are now back out at sea. The seals will be in soon on the rocks!

We have Huge Imagination here and it doesn't just extend to our crafts!! @rotfl: :rainbow:
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Thank you for the welcome & for the extensive report on all around here. Tree House, with easy access I presume, endangered species & the sea/seashore to boot. What a glorious & special place you have all created.

Read further back skies are clear so you can see everything astronomical, mountains ranges must be something else with all the wild critters that live in those terrains. Mountain gorillas are a must as well as tropical rainforest with exotic birds, just love scarlet macaws. A flock has just flown by, glorious colours :lol: Tigers & cheetahs prowling through undergrowth in other areas too!

What wonderful dazzling displays of nature's finest in all areas of this monumental garden :D :D
Jessica

poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome, Jessica :wave:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the nut house.

You have obviously been crafting for a lot longer than I have, so it'll be nice if you could contribute your experience to help the rest of us if need-be.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Thank you both. I would be glad to be able to help if I can, although I am not up to modern materials threads etc. but maybe I can help some time in the future, Sometimes old ways are an asset. Not that I am referring to myself of course, as I am not old, I've just happened to have lived longer time than some people, thankfully so too :)
Jessica

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Jessica and welcome to the forum from a weather watching South Carolinian. We do have a great forum with so many lovely extras for the comfort and amusement of members. The Stash and Grab is so great. All the food and drink are calorie free and no after effects if you drink too much of your favorite beverage. No allergic reactions to anything (which suits me because I am very allergic to chocolate so its the only place I can indulge in all things chocolate). To quote
wendywombat wrote:We have Huge Imagination here and it doesn't just extend to our crafts!!
or perhaps more accurately
richardandtracy wrote:Welcome to the nut house.
Either one means we are a very caring and fun place to be!

Looking forward to getting to know you,

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

A belated HI :wave: and Welcome from me in warming up Brisbane. So glad you have joined us Jessica.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Thank you both. Feel at home here with you all being so friendly as well as the beautiful creations shown. So much talent with the many varied designs being worked :D
Jessica

Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Nearly missed this thread. Welcome to this fantastic place from one very busy granny from Kyiv. From my own experience must warn you: this place has magic about it- you will catch yourself on visiting the Forum first thing in the morning.
Last edited by Podolyanka on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyudmila
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

:oops: Sorry, doubled the post for some reason.
Lyudmila
Jessica28

Post by Jessica28 »

Thank you Lyudmila. I understand how it becomes addictive to keep looking on here throughout the day :D
Jessica