Saying hi

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

kbaywolf

Saying hi

Post by kbaywolf »

Hi.
I've kept my username from another forum in case any of you recognise me from there. I've been a member of wocs since the very early 2000s, looking in here occasionally, but then started to consider actually joining this forum when wocs was closed down. So here I am.
I was very much a tomboy growing up, banned from needlework at school, finally taking an interest in tapestry, and then cross stitch, when chronic illness necessitated a massive change in my approach to life.
Over the years I've stitched a wide range of projects; Heritage's wildlife designs, Marjolein Bastin's nature studies, Lizzie Kate, Margaret Sherry... I like wordy things, and am finding Etsy an increasingly interesting place to browse for such designs.
My main focus over the past few years has been photo conversions, and I'm currently on my fourth one. As a very keen photographer, particularly of dogs, it is an ideal meeting of passions for me.
Stitching, photography, and pretty much all other aspects of life, are very much affected by my health - which can be frustrating.
Nicola Main

Re: Saying hi

Post by Nicola Main »

Hi there and welcome to the forum :wave: looking forward to seeing your work we love photos on here ;)
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: We are delighted that a wocs orphan has walked over to the CCF. Stitching is the best therapy, many here would agree.

As you look around, you'll find we have our own virtual pub with a tree house, ball pool, billiards, a winter garden and the best hot chocolate in the universe (the Stash & Grab; this might have expanded even more when I wasn't looking) as well as a clinic (St Cross Stitchers) which happen to be connected by a revolving door, although I can't guess why that might be. 8) When you have 10 posts you will be able to access members' galleries to see what everyone has done in the past; current work is cheered on in the SAL threads. I know these aren't technically Stitch-Alongs, but it is a way of supporting all the stitchers. And we don't limit ourselves to stitching: our Any Other Craft section is for, well, anything else you might be doing, like knitting or crochet, for example. And be warned: we are a group of terrible enablers. :king:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Welcome to the forum.

Your interests seem to mesh pretty well with CSF, hopefully will be a fruitful membership. When you're able to put up a gallery, I'd love to see your photo conversions. I have converted & stitched a couple of my own photos, being a cat person rather than a dog person, one of my current projects is of our old Cat Gryff ( http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=28246" target="_blank" target="_blank ) and a completed project was a honeymoon portrait of my wife ( http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=26356" target="_blank" target="_blank ).

Being a bit skint, I've never bought a photo conversion program, but wrote my own, and stitched up this conversion to test whether the automatic thread blending routine was working properly:
Came to the conclusion it was... :wink:

Anyway, have fun here. I came here to learn, haven't stopped yet and have enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
kbaywolf

Post by kbaywolf »

richardandtracy wrote:Welcome to the forum.

Your interests seem to mesh pretty well with CSF, hopefully will be a fruitful membership. When you're able to put up a gallery, I'd love to see your photo conversions. I have converted & stitched a couple of my own photos, being a cat person rather than a dog person, one of my current projects is of our old Cat Gryff ( http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=28246" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank ) and a completed project was a honeymoon portrait of my wife ( http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=26356" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank ).

Being a bit skint, I've never bought a photo conversion program, but wrote my own, and stitched up this conversion to test whether the automatic thread blending routine was working properly:
Came to the conclusion it was... :wink:

Anyway, have fun here. I came here to learn, haven't stopped yet and have enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Regards,

Richard.
All very impressive!
I use Cross Stitch Professional from DP Software. Certainly admire your capabilities to write your own program.
This was my second effort Image
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Oh what a nose...!

That is a great photo. A superb photo. Can't help but grin. Must have been a joy to stitch.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
mostlyflowers

Post by mostlyflowers »

Hello & welcome. I joined yesterday. Look forward to seeing more of our work. Wonderful when members convert photos are made into cross stitchings. Mine are not so adventurous as it says on my avatar what my favourites are but I enjoy seeing what else is stitched.
Betsan

every stitch done is a stitch less tomorrow & one more towards the end
kbaywolf

Post by kbaywolf »

richardandtracy wrote:Oh what a nose...!

That is a great photo. A superb photo. Can't help but grin. Must have been a joy to stitch.

Regards,

Richard.
It was a challenge - a labour of love.
This is the second one I did of him, from an earlier photo. I simplified this one a little, but love the result.

kbaywolf

Post by kbaywolf »

Nicola, Serinde, and mostlyflowers, thank you for your welcomes too.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina. Your dog pieces are beautiful!! I am looking forward to seeing your updates on current projects as well.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello and Welcome :wave:

Your dogs are amazing I love all the details :applesauce:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina. Your dog pieces are beautiful!! I am looking forward to seeing your updates on current projects as well.

Carole
:dance:
I agree!! Totally nice stitching!! Welcome to the forum!! :wave:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi and Welcome from me in now sunny Brisbane, it is great that you have joined us.

I love the 2 picture conversions you have done of your lovely dog - great stitching indeed.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: your photo conversions are fantastic. I too have the dp software and have done some charts myself. I like to stitch people. I am really looking forward to seeing more of your work :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Hello :wave: Welcome from Wales :wave: :D
kbaywolf wrote:
This was my second effort Image
What a cutie, and I have to say what a very BOOP-ABLE nose!

The second photo is great too.

I do admire those who are able to make their own programmes.

What are you stitching at the present?
lilacwine

Post by lilacwine »

Hello & welcome
Nina :tea:
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome! :wave:
The dogs are amazing :whoop:

I had not seen that picture from Richard before: those eyes are so real!....Fantastic work
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
fccs

Post by fccs »

richardandtracy wrote:Oh what a nose...!

Regards,

Richard.
I agree!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends