Hi from Wales

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mostlyflowers

Hi from Wales

Post by mostlyflowers »

Hi, I'm Betsan & have been doing various crafts most of my life.

As avatar name says, my cross stitch is mostly flowers. Used to love helping my nain & taid in their garden & that cultivated my love of plants & nature from a very young age. Had initially intended to join a couple of weeks ago but grands kindly passed on their coughs & colds to me & DH before they went on holiday to their other grandparents. That's why I've only just got round to it, so any typos please excuse as still slightly woolly headed!

Have been looking at Polstitches earlier - so many glorious things to stitch but have enough to do for the moment. Also like butterflies & Joan Elliott's ladies & am now thinking about Xmas. Going to stitch a picture of a heap of snowmen/ladies, not sure if they are all snowmen. Am on sampler - floral seasons - & intend to do it in turn with snow people. These cuties have such smiley faces couldn't resist doing it to hang on our wall for grands to see leading up to the festive season. We'll enjoy looking at it too.

Looking forward to becoming a fully fledged member of the forum.

Betsan
Betsan

every stitch done is a stitch less tomorrow & one more towards the end
Garnet

Re: Hi from Wales

Post by Garnet »

Hello :wave:

Welcome from another in Wales, it poured overnight and most of the morning but the sun has finally decided to show his face - yay.

There are lots of beautiful flowers being stitched on here.

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful stitchings..
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Betsan and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! Glad that you found us and I'm also glad that you are recovering from your cold. Summer colds and end of summer colds are not a lot of fun. We have a lovely spot called St Cross Stitchers Hospital which is a wonderful place for rest, relaxation and receiving lots of TLC. We have a lot of members who also love flowers. And now is the time when stitchers start gearing up for Christmas with all kinds of lovely projects. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome from the West of Scotland! :wave: We love our newbies on the forum, so don't be scared to ask questions, whether it's about the way the forum works or about anything to do with stitching.

We also have our own virtual pub -- the Stash & Grab -- which serves the best hot chocolate in the universe, all the drinks and snacks are calorie-free, and you can enjoy afternoon tea in the treehouse. Once you have 10 posts, you can inspire yourself browsing in the members' galleries. Oh, and we also support lots of other crafts. See the Any Other Craft thread. The Stitch Along section is for you to start a thread, and allow us to cheer you on while you tackle your latest project (we have a dream team of virtual removal persons who shift the magic bench and armchairs around for us, isn't that nice?).

Any questions that only a moderator can answer? Well, pm me or rcperryls or karen4bells!
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: :wave: Hello and welcome to the Forum from Florida!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave: I am looking forward to seeing your work :D
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
mostlyflowers

Post by mostlyflowers »

Thank you all so much for the welcome & info re the extras on here. Sounds like a real peaceful hamlet for cross stitchers, Had to laugh at the men moving chairs etc & most impressively to read about the tree house. How cool is that?! The hospital must be great for tired eyes in the stitching world as well as other ailments.

I will certainly ask if I have any problems or am unsure about anything.

Betsan
Betsan

Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Hello and welcome from Kyiv. I travelled in Wales in 2002 from Cardiff to Barry Island and then through the mountains all the way to Aberystwyth (correct spelling?) and then on steam loco to Devil's Bridge. The landscapes and views are fantastic there! But I was told that Northern Wales is even more picturesque. You are lucky living in such a beautiful (poetical and musical too) part of the UK.

Welcome to the Forum.

I am also looking forward to seeing your beautiful works.
Lyudmila
mostlyflowers

Post by mostlyflowers »

Thank you. Yes there are many beautiful places in Wales. Up from Aberystwyth you have the southern end of Snowdonia National Park. That National Park extends all the way up to Conwy, where the River Conwy meets Irish Sea & the pretty Conwy Castle. The highest part of the park is Snowdon mountain itself with beautiful valleys, lakes & smaller mountain ranges. More rugged than the Brecon Beacons but that is beautiful too..

Across the Menai Straits you have the island of Anglesey. Although very much flatter than the mainland it has beautiful sandy bays. Very bleak in winter as so flat but ancient history there as well. Then the other places like Llandudno which is not in the National Park but still a lovely area. Sorry to sound like travel brochure but there is so much to see as there must be in Scotland, a place I have never been to. I love watching nature/travel films of the UK as well as abroad. A wonderfully beautiful & diverse planet we live on nature wise.

I'll take my travel agent cum David Attenborough hat off now. Get carried away. No more mention of the beauty of Wales. Forget so much can be seen on the Internet now.

Look forward to seeing designs from your country. So good to see different styles of crafts, ancient & modern. Off to do a little of mine & I will put a photo on here in a few days.

Betsan
Betsan

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Betsan and Welcome from me in chilly Brisbane. :wave: I am really looking forward to seeing your Works in Progress (WIPs) and any stash you start buying. Beware this forum is very good at tempting us with 'must have' new designs - such as the Wrendale series. :) We love to enable others to enjoy new ideas/designs
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
mostlyflowers

Post by mostlyflowers »

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing what you are doing at the moment. :)

Betsan
Betsan

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Hello Betsan, Welcome from SW France. Enjoyed your travelogue about Wales 8) We used to visit South Wales frequently as we lived 'across the water' in Bristol.
Looking forward to see your stitching...love Flowers! :D
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Hi Betsan and welcome to the forum :wave:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Betsan, thank you for your mentioning Wale's other beautiful places. Perhaps some day...

As for my country's designs, I do not stitch them now as they need a better eyesight than mine. The only few of the latest Ukrainian towels are in the SAL section- a couple of Easter towels and a Spas towel. Tha latter has our traditional geometrical patterns so gives you some idea of what they look like and why I prefer designs easier for my eyes.
Lyudmila
mostlyflowers

Post by mostlyflowers »

Thank you all
Betsan

Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Hello Betsan and Welcome to the forum :wave:

I'm just a bridge away from Wales on the outskirts of Bristol, we do lots of day trips, I particularly love Tenby, but to be honest everywhere you go the scenery is absolutely stunning and the people so friendly and welcoming, I will be seeing more of Wales too as my daughter will be going to Cardiff University in two weeks, so its all good!

This is a lovely cross stitch community you will fit right in :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
mostlyflowers

Post by mostlyflowers »

Thank you. Hoe your daughter enjoys life at Cardiff Uni.
Betsan

lilacwine

Post by lilacwine »

Hello & welcome
Nina :tea:
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome! :wave:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello from Colorado and welcome to the forum. A friend and I are planning a trip to Scotland in 2020 and we figure since we'll already be across the pond, we might as well try to add in Wales as well.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends