Back Again...

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Ciors

Back Again...

Post by Ciors »

Hello again! I'm not sure if anyone will remember me since it's been quite a few years since I last posted. My name is Ciorstaidh and I used to cross stitch back in 2011/2-ish? Somewhere around there, I think. Since then I've moved across country, started my own crochet business, gained two cats, got engaged, and my mum passed away from cancer so, in short, life happened in that time.

However I missed stitching and have recently been severely bitten by said bug! (Not helped by HAED having a sale on right now... Hello five new charts!) I'm currently working on a full coverage project, not a HAED but still pretty, called Blue Moon Moose that I'll post progress pictures of when I have more than seven shades of blue on the fabric.
Ciorstaidh :)

Current WIP:
- Blue Moon Moose
- Nightmare Before Christmas (Haunted Mansion)
sina28

Re: Back Again...

Post by sina28 »

Hi Ciorstaidh, nice to have you back :wave:
I must have joined the forum long after you left but look forward to getting to know you.
Your project sounds very interesting, please show it soon. :wub:
Sina
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome back! :wave: :dance: You'll find there are still a few of us oldies around. You will also find that the forum now has been upgraded to include a treehouse and a wintergarden, as well as having some lovely people for you to get to know.
Sorry that life hasn't always been kind to you, but I'm off to find the blue moon moose!
Ciors

Post by Ciors »

:wave: Thanks sina28 and Serinde! A treehouse sounds like a ton of fun, especially in this heat!

The pattern I bought from eBay years ago from a shop called FlumpkinsXStitchers. They're on Etsy now too.

Current WIP:
- Blue Moon Moose
fuchsiafairy

Post by fuchsiafairy »

Hello, I am new here but welcome back. Sorry you have had so much thrown at you through life, it is awful when that happens but glad you are out the other side now. Do hope coming on here again helps you a lot.

Look forward to seeing your work :)
Polly :)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome Back, its great to have you on here again. Your new project sounds great and I look forward to seeing progress pictures of it. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
nannyrainbow

Post by nannyrainbow »

Sorry to learn of your problems but welcome back. Hope you can relax with your stitching again. hope to see your latest piece on here :D

What is nice on here you can come back any time & be made to feel welcome - I seem to be dipping in & out this year but hope soon to get back to normal & completing an object , not putting it in UFO pile. Not been this irregular before but grands growing up so should have more time in future. Want to get back to my large geisha before the end of the year.

Look forward to seeing your stitching progress :)
Del
Ciors

Post by Ciors »

Thank you for all the welcomes! It's so nice to be back and stitching again. I look forward to chatting with you all again and seeing what you're all stitching on, it'll be nice to be more social again.

Current WIP:
- Blue Moon Moose
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hello and welcome back! :wave:
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Well, as a relative newbie, can I extend a hand of welcome to the forum.

Life has a horrible habit of throwing hiatuses (or is it hiatii?) in front of us. All I can suggest is that returning to cross stitch is worthwhile and fun. As for the cats... Couldn't be without them myself. Our 4 treat us like the servants we are, but we enjoy it! Sorry about your mum, same happened with me 13 years ago this August, 6 weeks after diagnosis. My condolences. Empty, flat words, but a hug is hard to give over the net.

All the best with your 5 HaED's . Just hope they're modern ones without too many dark areas. I have issues with with the software they use to convert pictures to charts and feel that quite a lot of detail gets unnecessarily lost in the dark areas. In the more recent charts, HaED have learnt to tweak the image a bit before conversion to overcome some of the limitations.

Regards

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back!! Just saw your blue moose and loved it. Can't wait to see your new starts. I have more HAED charts than I can count and quite a few as WIPs. My stitchy bug has been AWOL for quite a while now, but I think he's on his way back home.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker