Hello - returning newbie

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Garnet

Hello - returning newbie

Post by Garnet »

Hello Lovelies,

I am a returning newbie, that is I joined the forum in 2012 and promptly lost my confidence after a bad experience on a different forum. Well, I have plucked up courage to come back.

I have been stitching for around 16-17 years and like lots of different styles, just completed some Art Nouveau Bookmarks, I love flowers and animals and have recently fallen in love with Wrendale, my current main project is Anchor's Birds and Seasons but I have been distracted by Blissful Mr. Fox ( o.k. that isn't it's given kit name - that would be Poppy Field ) and The Lookout and Amongst the Foxgloves, and I'm hoping Owls from Hannah's What a Hoot design come out in cross stitch too.

Hope to chat to you all soon,

Garnet
Nicola Main

Re: Hello - returning newbie

Post by Nicola Main »

Hello Garnet and welcome back to the forum so glad you decided to rejoin us! :whoop:

I am a huge fan of Bothy Threads cross stitch kits of Hannah Dale's designs. I bought the four new ones which came out in February (including Poppy Field) and I am currently stitching a new one which will be out in the May releases. I have a dedicated thread I made a while back which I'm going to use for all my Wrendales (it's called Nicola stitches Wrendale Designs) and I have a huge stash of over 10+ kits which I have on my 'to do' list :doh:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Thank you so much for the welcome Nicola, it's nice to be here.

Wrendales are so so lovely, they make me smile whenever I see one and I saw a lot the other day at our local garden centre - they now stock their cushions, mugs, sandwich plates and other kitchen ware :tizzy: I had to get out of there quickly before my credit card could sustain any more damage :)

Off to have a look-see at Nicola stiitches wrendales.

Garnet
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Oh I know I have a lot of their stuff and bought my Mum the gardening gloves for Mother's Day. They seem to be stocking an ever wider variety of things now which is excellent! :whoop:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: Welcome Back Garnet, I am delighted you have rejoined us and I look forward to seeing Mr Blissful Fox grow under your wonderful needle. So good to have you back with us. :dance:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
poppy

Post by poppy »

Welcome back, Garnet :whoop:
Looking forward to sharing stitching updates with you. I agree, Wrendale designs are so cute:)
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m glad you came back. We’re pretty nice here.

I’m also a Wrendale fan and recently finished First Kiss. I have a thread for it if you care to look.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back!!! And on your forumversary too!
It is so good to see you and to hear about the projects you are working on. We have quite a few members who are also Wrendale fans and the rest of us who don't stitch the designs love to see their progress. Always brings a smile to my face. Love having more to watch progress!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Thank you all for the warm welcome, everyone is so nice and friendly here

oh my goodness I had not noticed the date when I came back and how on earth did you spot that rcperryls, well it was meant to be that I came back.

Garnet