2018 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

country lass

Re: 2018 Stash & Grab

Post by country lass »

What a shame people concerned could not join us in the Stash & Grab Wendy. Surely would have refreshed them & you. So hot for a parade but see you put latest under Heatwave as have I. Never known it so hot for so long. 2 maybe very occasionally 3 weeks but never sell over a month.
Daisy :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

We're back from down South and FIL's funeral - all went very well, lots of people, most of the family able to make it, lots of lovely memories being shared, but still a sad occasion of course. Now getting back to normal, though there will be more than usual travelling to and fro to help MIL clearing things in the house and preparing for her move to sheltered accommodation (her choice, and she's really looking forward to it) in a few months' time.
So I could do with a Pimm's or something similarly cheering and uplifting please...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

I am glad the funeral went as well as these things can, so many mixed emotions.

I've put a nice cool Pimm's on the table by the lake, there is a lovely cool breeze down there and the birds are singing nicely. We don't get the noisy seagulls here do we?
Mabel Figworthy

Garnet wrote:We don't get the noisy seagulls here do we?
Thanks for the Pimm's, much appreciated! I'm ambivalent about seagulls - on the one hand I miss the sea terribly so their noise is a welcome reminder that there is such a thing as the sea :-) on the other hand a seagull once swooped down on me and nicked my pasty, in the process giving me a scar that took over a decade to disappear. And it was a very good pasty, and I'd only had a few bites!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Mabel, if you see this....l wish you all the strength. :tea: :cake: How does that sound?
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Naughty Seagull!

We are not seaside-y here but close to the estuarys of the rivers Dee and Mersey so we get a lot of Seagulls here, two nights ago they decided they were going to call to each other on the roof of my house at 4.50am as the tide came in, very noisy indeed, but so far they haven't tried to steal any food.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

it's Friday... I'm presuming we are wetting Baby Declan's head this evening, guys and gals? :whoop:
Mabel Figworthy

Need you ask :-) ?
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
country lass

Post by country lass »

Glad your FILs funeral went as well as they can do & glad lot of memories were shared, it helps ease the pain. Hope you are MIL will be happy in her new home, a lot fo work for you but once she is settled it should be less worry for you knowing she is n a safe environment.
Daisy :D
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

I'm here hiding from Heathcliff's trousers, I need :tea: and Ive brought a Lemon Drizzle cake to share
Mabel Figworthy

Yum! Uhm, I am almost afraid to ask, but what is so scary about heathcliff's trousers...?
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:lol: You'll have to look at Garnet's post about her SAL.

Meanwhile why not join us for :tea: and lemon drizzle cake? :dance:
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Mabel, I was bemoaning not being able to get on with stitching Heathcliff's trousers, so for now he is trouserless :shock: , instead I'm having to stitch the half cross stitch of the background before I can move the fabric up the roller frame.

Now I need a second :tea: and dammit I am going to have a second slice of Lemon Drizzle cake, after all, virtual cakes have no calories!
Mabel Figworthy

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Ahhhhh.... I’ll just relax here with my :wine: . It’s been a long day, what with one thing and another. But all’s quiet on the western front at the moment, so I’ll sip my wine and play with my weaving sticks. The “snakes” which will one day be a rug are coming along, and I don’t need much light to do this, so I can watch the red deer in the garden.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Red Deer?? We have deer in our garden but they are much smaller than the magnificent Reds. We also have wild pigs called Sanglier and they are fierce and dangerous when cornered...they also dig up the plants!! :tantrum: But they do make 'Good eating'! :lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, we like a bit of venison, too... 8)

Because politics can only be discussed in this venue, and only very, very politely, may I suggest that you have a look at this trending hashtag? (Hope you know what one of them things is, cuz I haven't a clue, apart from assuming its popular.) This is so utterly typically Scottish: why waste energy getting mad when the whole thing is so silly and you can descend into bad jokes instead?: click here to see what I mean. You may not get all the references, but the sense won't be lost on you. Oh, and if you don't know about twitter (like me), you can apparently click on some of the comments, and a whole 'nother conversation drops down. As far as I can tell there are nae sweary words, either. (Well, at least very few.)

It requires an entire pot of :coffee: or :tea: . And possibly :cake:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I needed some Extra Strength Gingerbread and a Pint of Heavy after reading that!! :lol:

Ah well...it past the time! :wink:

As for Venison.... :drool:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I don't have a clue what the tweets are about. In fact that was the first tweet I ever saw other than all the tweets that make it on the news, but I'm not going into that discussion, since I don't have and don't want a Twitter account. Having said that I am more than glad to join you ladies for :coffee: or :tea: or anything stronger and :cake: . You do t even have to explain it to me.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, I guess you just have to have been there. :lol: The main burden of these series of funny tweets is to show how ridiculous it is to attempt to manufacture controversy (an alleged split in the Scottish National Party, in this case) where none exists. Humour, especially using well known national "icons" like Iru Bru (a fizzy drink that tastes rather like bubblegum [yuk]), the pronunciation of "scone", very silly riffs on Braveheart, is often a useful way to cut the fabricated huffing and puffing down to size. Puts perspective back where it belongs.

Anyway, here are some freshly baked scones (and you can say that word however you like!) to go with our :tea: and :coffee: :lol: :lol: