Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Garnet

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by Garnet »

Welcome back Vanessa, I hope life flows more smoothly for you now and I can't wait to see more of your beautiful stitching.
Tyledres

Post by Tyledres »

Definitely not an old timer and I don't think I was active for long two years ago. Life just got in the way. Had shingles in my eye and its been a long road. I stopped stitching because the bright light was hurting my eye and so I taught myself to knit and crochet. Been doing that when the stitchy bug recently came by and smacked me hard. Been stitching up a storm ever since. I'll have to remember to get photos ready to post but want to wait until I finish the page I'm on. It's so close.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Sorry you had such a rotten time, but it's nice to see you back.

Photos would be lovely.

All the best

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Who knew that shingles in your eyes was even a possibility? Nightmare! :shock: Glad you are on the mend, and that you frustrated the frogs by learning something different. That's impressive, truly. And it's great to see you here again, so I'll go off and find the magic bench for us to perch on while you finish your page. :P
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I am sorry to read about the shingles in your eye - definitely not wanted at all. I am just delighted that you are back with us and busy stitching up a storm again. I have enjoyed seeing all you have been stitching lately. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Ophthalmic Shingles is about the worse type of shingles! :doh: Big Hug and sympathy. It did have one small plus side...you now know how to knit and crochet! :D

Good to see you back. :whoop:
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Oh my goodness, poor you! I have had Shingles twice on my face and I know how bad the pain can be, luckily mine didn't effect the optic nerve. So glad you have recovered.

*am off to have a look at the stitch-a-long*
kingfisher2

Post by kingfisher2 »

We are back home again after extended caravan holiday. Have caught up with things at home & am gridding Aida for Margaret Sherry gardening dogs Time to Grow design to stitch for us. Will post picture of design on SAL later today.

Did not start the Victorian terrace as colours too dark when I started sorting them out, not enough bright flowers in it but have bought another original design of John Hassell - 2 white cottages & gardens. That will go well with Pleasant Row, altho opposite in colours they are in same collection of his designs.

The 3rd one of his cottage designs is a tapestry mentioned ages ago. I bought that as so many flowers in front of that design, called Profusion, I did not want to add lots of beads or do lots of French knots! The 3 should make a nice set when all are done, whenever that may be.

Looking forward to getting back to stitching.
Izzi

If you believe you can you will
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I was wondering yesterday where you were!
Great to see you back again! :whoop: :whoop:
kingfisher2

Post by kingfisher2 »

Thank you Wendy. We had use of the caravan until end of July. After all the toing & froing to my cousin when she had the fall etc, we took advantage of the offer given by another relative, made when the younger family members took over after a few weeks of us seeing to th invalid. We did come home few days as DH had hospital appointment I did pop in here then we went back to caravan. This offer we had will not be made again as caravan being sold next year, so glad we took it.

It must be so very tiring for you & your DH coming back & forth to Hampshire. I caught up with your news regarding your father's property. What a very good thing to find the Title Deeds, after all that searching. Bet you were almost tearing your hair out as it took so long, like a very small needle in a giant haystack! So glad you had the kindness of strangers to help you through the sorting out, trash taken away etc. Angels sent from heaven to help you in your hour of need. I remember they did get their rewards with musical items they wanted & both made new friendships, a good result all round.

Great you got to see family the other week while over in UK :D

Tylesdres so sorry to hear about that only know one other person who had shingles in their eye. Do hope you feel better soon & as Wendy said a on the plus side, you've learned new skills, Get well soon :) :hug:
Izzi

If you believe you can you will
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: So glad to see ya'll back. I've been what feels to me kind of on again off again I guess because its been a busy summer, but have been wondering where others were. I am so sorry to hear about shingles in your eye. Like some of the others I have never heard of it but am so glad that you have recovered and were able to learn some new skills while you were recuperating. Can't wait to see the updates!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Hi everyone. Have not been on for awhile.Life got in the way and my Stitchy bug went missing. Husband recovering after having a seizure. He had been having small ones during the night but this was a big one. We had lots of hospital appointments Nurologists Cardiologists ect. Nothing was found so we are just on medication and so far so good. He was not allowed to drive for a year and it really affected his confidence. We sold our old car and got used to traveling on trains and buses He has now decided he does not feel as he can drive again.

I think I put a picture on of what cross stitch I was doing but it was so long ago I can't find it so will send another one soon. It is nearly fininished. It is lovely to be back and I won't disappear again.
Love Ann :whoop:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hello Ann :wave: - good to have you back! Here's to your husband's continued improvement and the medication continuing to be as effective as it has been. I hope public transport will prove to be a good substitute for the car.
Looking forward to seeing new pics of your stitching!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome Back Ann, it is so great to have you back. I do hope that your DH stays well from now onwards and there are no more nasty happenings in his or your life.

WIPS
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

:wave: Welcome Back! I hope life flows more smoothly for you now and your DH continues to improve.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Welcome back, Ann! :hug:
Sending all good wishes to you and DH. Hopefully, life will feel normal again soon and DH will feel much better.
Looking forward to seeing your stitching... :D
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
fuchsiafairy

Post by fuchsiafairy »

Didn't realise it is so long since I last posted on here. Joined in June, started Periwinkle Cottage but couldn't get on with it so a friend has it to finish. She liked it a lot so I can see it on her wall when I visit.

Now evenings are starting to draw in time to get on with things indoors again but DH & I both have colds so not much of any hobbies at the moment. Had good intentions but that's about all at the moment.

Will get back to some stitching though as seeing what others have made & are making have spurred me into getting stahs sorted out once cold has disappeared.
Polly :)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Polly great to have you posting and I hope the colds you both have soon leave you so you can get onto some of your lovely handwork again. :)

WIPS
lilacwine

Post by lilacwine »

i know I've been AWOL but life's been bit hectic lately. Hope to get back to stitching soon.
Nina :tea:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Life does that, alas! :D We are delighted to see you whenever you can look in.