thomas kinkade

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Vickilynn1998

thomas kinkade

Post by Vickilynn1998 »

does anyone have any thomas kinkade cross stitch charts. I cant seem to find any.

thank you vicki
Allyn

Re: thomas kinkade

Post by Allyn »

Patternsonline.com has 20 of them. Search "Kinkade" in the search box or find his name in the Designer's list.

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

ABC Stitch Therapy also has quite a few charts. Doing a google search on Thomas Kincade cross stitch has a lot of options between kits and charts available. Are you looking for a specific one?

Carole
:thinks:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vicki2006

Post by vicki2006 »

No I am not looking for nothing in specific I have done 4 of them .I just like doing his pictures they have so much color and I use a lot of beads . Thanks for your help I will check out ABC

Vicki
vicki2006

Post by vicki2006 »

have ever used patternsonline before they do have some good ones.

thanks vicki
RedStitcher108

Post by RedStitcher108 »

I would try not to use Thomas Kinkade patterns as his name is associated with several controversies and overall not a great name in the art world. He is associated with being kitschy, having corrupt business practices, and terrible personal conduct. I would try anything but his name for patterns.
Inkysloth

Post by Inkysloth »

RedStitcher108 wrote:I would try not to use Thomas Kinkade patterns as his name is associated with several controversies and overall not a great name in the art world. He is associated with being kitschy, having corrupt business practices, and terrible personal conduct. I would try anything but his name for patterns.
I'd managed to never hear of this man, having had a quick read, I see what you mean about corrupt!

Re: kitsch, however, although yup, I agree, his work is outstandingly kitsch, that's no reason not to use his designs if they're a style you like.
I lurk on Twitter & Instagram as @inkysloth
My print & calligraphy work is over at http://www.inkysloth.co.uk" target="_blank

WIPs
Geological map of the British Isles
Hand x-Ray
Ongoing string of small rainbow badges
Tessellating Escher-style lizard chair seat.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Also...
The factory production of art by assistants/apprentices with a small input from 'the great man' is neither unusual nor new.
Consider Michelangelo, Titian, Rubens in the historical record, right up to Damian Hurst now. The biggest difference is that Kinkaid piled 'em high & sold 'em cheap, rather than tailoring his output to the pockets of the unbelievably wealthy. That is why the art establishment is so sniffy about him. His paintings are not great, but then neither is a sawn up cow in formaldehyde, but the art establishment fawns over Hurst because he targets the wealthy as his victims - sorry, customers.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
nikecam

Post by nikecam »

I don't know anything about the politics surrounding the kinkade "brand" but I have always found his work lovely and I'm sure many people do. I also love Renoir but that doesn't negate looking at a mass produced work even if many people don't consider it art. On a xs level, I would think kinkade would be very challenging.
April

Nora Corbett Winter Fairy, started Jan 2013
Family Reunion, Rosewood Manor, waiting on fabric
fccs

Post by fccs »

nikecam wrote:I don't know anything about the politics surrounding the kinkade "brand" but I have always found his work lovely and I'm sure many people do. I also love Renoir but that doesn't negate looking at a mass produced work even if many people don't consider it art.
I agree.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends