HAED - Moo Quack Moo - 6/4 update

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Beaaaatrice

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - Update 1/2 - 16

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone! :wub:

The past week has been a bit calmer than the week before, and I've had quite some time for my stitching, especially this weekend!

When things were the most busiest and all I wanted to do was to sit in my couch and stitch, and I knew that when I eventually got home I would not have the energy, it was frustrating. But that's the way it is I guess :)

Here is my update! :whoop:

I'm slowly traveling down towards the end on the first square, it's still a bit to go before reaching the end and lots of confetti, but I'm actually very positive! There are some bigger areas with one colour but I'm saving those for when my patience for the confetti runs out. :dance:

Regarding parking, I've been checking it out and like you said Carole, I don't know if I'll be able to keep track of the threads. I've been "cheating" a bit and jumping, sometimes very large steps. If I have one stitch of one colour, and maybe "a couple" of squares down, the same colour comes again, I don't cut the threads and start all over, I just jump. So the back of my work isn't as pretty as I would like it to be, but I save time on it, so I'll just let it be. :oops:

As a thanks to all of you guys for saying such wonderful things and giving me so much joy. I'm going to give you a picture of my cat, Tilda :whoop:

She was so cosy this weekend, I held her like a baby... I can look at this picture all day :wub: :wub: :wub:

Thank you guys for the lovely support.

Hope you like my update :)

Bea
Last edited by Beaaaatrice on Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
richardandtracy

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - Update 9/2 - 16

Post by richardandtracy »

Looking interesting the way the picture is developing.

And your cat looks just so comfortable.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Lovely progress on your piece. Backs are called backs for a reason. Unless they are going to be seen (as in an afghan or in a competition) I wouldn't worry about it. I have gone as many as 12 or so spaces (wouldn't admit to more :oops: anyway) but generally prefer to stay within 5 or 6. I like to call it cross county rather than cross country.

Looking forward to your next update!

Carole
:dance:

eta: :oops: I probably spent more time looking at Tilde - Laverne did too - and then neglected to say how adorable she is. Had to add that for sure!
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Great update - progress is being made. And look at that sweet Tilda - she's so comfy and cute while she snoozing. :wub:
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone! :wub:

Updating every two weeks is starting to become a habit, which I'm planning to break, I have promised myself to give you guys an update one week from now!

During the work days, I haven't had much energy for anything really, work has been busy busy busy so I've been exhausted at the evenings.

This weekend I've had some done, one thought occured that I might have time to finish my first square (feels like it's time for that), but I didn't.
Although next update it will be done, I'm going to set up little goals every week and write them here so I get it done, it keeps my motivation up! :whoop:

Here is my progress so far:

As you can see a tree is starting to show, feels nice to finally see something that I can identify and not just areas of colour.

I'm so happy you liked my picture of Tilda, she is such a lovley cat, next week I'm posting a picture of Truls :)

Hope you like my update :wub:

Bea
wendywombat

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - Update 22/2 - 16

Post by wendywombat »

:whoop: Great progress! :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Love your update! Will love seeing weekly updates and Truls!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: :applesauce: Love your update! Will love seeing weekly updates and Truls!

Carole
Me, too.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It is a lovely update Bea and you are making good progress. Tilda sure look oh so comfortable curled up there sound asleep - wish I could do the same.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

This is coming along nicely, lovely stitching too. Love your cat, sooo cozy. :applesauce: :applesauce:
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for all the fantastic replies, you are the main reason I can keep my motivation up at all :wub: :hug:

Well I can say that I tried, I really really tried , and on top of that I'm one day late. :oops:

I had a lot left to do when I made my promise, I didn't know it at the time, but it was a lot.

Either way, here is my update:

As you can see, I've done quite a lot and although I didn't finish my goal for last week, I'm really pleased.
Setting up a goal was good for me, because it kept me going, so I'm going to continue setting up goals, just a bit more realistic ones.

As you can see, I don't have a lot left on my square, I believe it's four or five colours left, one part is bigger with one colour so I imagine it wont take that much time to do. Right bottom corner is the start of a bigger tree which is exciting, too bad is four squares to go before I can see the whole tree but that's OK. :dance:

As I promised last week, here is Truls:

I believe this picture speeks for all of us at some point in the week.
We have been letting our cats go outside now that we've been living in the new house for a while, and they both love it so much.
We live in a house on a big field you can say, it's open, we're the only house on it and the main road is a bit away so it's perfect for them. :wub:

My goal for next week is to finish the first square and hopefully get started on the second one, I'm still not sure if I'm going to do the square on the right or the one under, but it's heading to the one on the right.

Hope you like my update. :wub: :wub:

Bea
lavenderbee

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - Update 1/3 - 16

Post by lavenderbee »

Lovely update. You have done very well with this, it is coming along nicely. :applesauce: :applesauce: :D Love your cat too :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great update!! You are making really good progress! Glad that setting goals is helping to keep you going. Love your weekly updates already and looking forward to more!

Truls is adorable! I love sleeping kitty photos. Must be worn out from exploring the new territory.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: Very nice update and what a pretty cat!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

mouselady

Post by mouselady »

That is a wonderful update. You made a lot of progress.

Love your kitty. Looks like I felt at the end of the day today.

I'm really motivated now to get off the computer and actually do some stitching of my own. Thanks!
Desiree

WIP:
Lobo - HAED
Faces of Joan Elliot SAL
Friendly Felines

2016 Finishes:
Joan Elliot Birth Announcement
Flower of the Month - July
12 Days of Christmas
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I'm glad you've found it works well to make goals for yourself. I usually make a few each week for myself. It also keeps me motivated. I know I rarely make it through my list of goals, but at the end of each week I look at what I have accomplished and give myself a pat on the back.

Thanks for posting your pictures. You're making great progress on your stitching. And when I look at that cat, I just want to snuggle with it.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Beaaaatrice

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the great response you all have been giving me :wub: :wub:

Yes setting up goals is really working for me, this weekend I achieved my goal that was set up and I will show you my progress, tomorrow.
I took pictures yesterday but now when I'm looking at them on the computer, they are all blurry, so I'm going to take new ones tonight when I get back home from work. :)

It's been going really well this weekend for my stitching, House of Cards new season was released on Friday so I've been watching it all weekend and stitching at the same time. For me I get the most done if I have something to watch at the same time :)

See you tomorrow with pictures of my progress. :wub:

Bea
Beaaaatrice

Re: HAED - Moo Quack Moo - Update 8/3 - 16

Post by Beaaaatrice »

Hi everyone!

As I wrote yesterday, here is my update:

The photo isn't the best, at least it's not blurry like it was yesterday.
Also, it looks like I've spilled something on it but I haven't, I've brighten it up in PS and the colour levels is a bit off so that's why it's yellow on some places. :)

As you can see I've finally completed the first square of pattern AND I've begun on the second one.
It feels very very good! :D

The goal for this week is to at least get started for real and do as much as I can do on the left corner on square two.
Not as clear of a goal as last week, but I know how much I need to do to be satisfied with it.

Hope you like my update :wub:
Bea
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I do like your update.... :applesauce: :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

and I also like your update!! Very much!! :applesauce: :applesauce:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat