StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 12 Nov. pg 3)

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

StitchinWitch

StitchinWitch's WIPs and Finishes (update 12 Nov. pg 3)

Post by StitchinWitch »

Hi again!

I figured I'd show off my progress on the Gourmet ABC I'm working on. It's slow going, but I'm doing my best. My thought was if I posted here for everyone to see, I'd be more likely to make progress and finish it faster than if I just did it at home.

I'm trying to hide this from my husband - I'd really like to give it to him for a Christmas gift this year. My goal is to have it all done by Halloween, so I have the time to frame it.

Here it is after a week of stitching:

I took 2 weeks off of stitching it, but now I really need to get back to it! My goal is to stitch one block a day.
Last edited by StitchinWitch on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
fccs

Re: Gourmet ABC - Slowly Stitching

Post by fccs »

You've already made good progress and it's looking great. I find posting at least a weekly picture is helpful. Sometimes it's hard to see progress until you look at the previous picture. I try to take a daily picture of bigger projects - it really helps.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Definitely looking good and it really can help to post regular updates. I also take a picture every day (even if not posting it) so I can see my progress. I agree with Debby that it is especially helpful with big projects. A box a day sounds like a good goal.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: Good progress! :applesauce: I just love this design. Yes, please post regular updates. :) I do find that posting my updates here gives me a lift to keep moving forward.

WIP
StitchinWitch

Re: Gourmet ABC - Slowly Stitching & Other WIPs (update 7 Se

Post by StitchinWitch »

I made some progress on the Gourmet ABC between last night and this afternoon. I think I'm one stitch off in the top part of the fork, but you can't really tell.
:wip:

My other WIP is a Nautical Alphabet that I'm going to finish for my mom for Christmas this year. She's been in the Coast Guard since the 60s, but went into the Coast Guard Auxiliary when she retired. My father was a commercial fisherman, so I grew up on boats and the water.

I started it on 23 August, worked on it until 27 August, then put it down to get back in my school groove. Gah, this teaching thing takes a ton of my stitching time (both cross stitch and quilting). Here's where I was as of last night 6 September:

This is my progress from when I woke up until I decided to get out and move a bit in the gorgeous end of summer day.

And this is where I got after dinner, until 8:30 pm, when I started to upload my photos.

Yep, that's where I am now.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Great update on both. Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of craftiness?! But it looks like you're a pretty fast stitcher (I am not), which is nice when time is limited.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

What great projects you have going and you are making really good progress on both of them. Hopefully life and teaching will not interrupt too much so you can get them finished. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Lovely updates! :applesauce: :applesauce: It is a shame when life intrudes on stitching, but you are making great progress on your projects and they are going to be wonderful gifts! Looking forward to more updates!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

Very nice work. Of course a little distraction now and then is not all bad.
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Two very nice projects and your progress on both of them is quite amazing!!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

Both are lovely projects - anything with food and lighthouses in appeals to me! :D
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I love both of these pictures. If you need cheering to help get these done before Christmas, you know where to come. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

I can't wait for more update pictures. Thank you for sharing.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

Well, I've put the ABC and the Nautical ABC on the back burner for a few days. I promise I'm going to go back to them both ASAP!! There's a very very good reason why I shelved them for right now. My daughter and I share the same godmother, who is a nun. We received the invitation about 2 weeks ago that our godmother will be celebrating her 50th jubilee as a nun on Oct 17th.

I had no idea what to get her as a gift, and this past Christmas, kiddo and I gave her a quilt, so a quick quilt was out of the question. My kiddo says, "Can't you stitch her a prayer?" BINGO. So I ordered the Lords Prayer kit off Ebay. I got it, started stitching it with the thread it came with and wound up ripping most out.. it kept knotting. My husband then says, "Why don't you stitch it in her favorite color? There's only 3 colors in it." Off to the store I went. Got (hopefully) enough thread, and new fabric. Fresh start.

In one week:
What it will look like:

Day 1: 3 hours in:

Day 1: 4 hours in:

Day 2: about 10 hours total:

Day 5 (I missed a few pictures!!) About 20 hours so far total:

Hopefully I get another row or so done tonight. I bought the frame for this one already, so this *has* to get done ASAP. Aiming for the first week in October to have it done.

And my other reason I was slow.. kiddo wants to be Captain Janeway from Star Trek Voyager for Halloween, with my husband and I as her "crew":

Image Image

I have some plastic canvas I'm thinking about making communication badges. depends on time. I'm not going to wear myself out.

I know the outfits are a bit off, there should be less red and orange (should have been a gold, but I couldn't find a gold sweatshirt) but I really didn't feel like seam ripping the sleeves - especially because I've never sewn clothing before. Close is sometimes good enough, and I really don't think kiddo is going to care. Sorry to all Star Trek Voyager fans who do care though.. I did my best. :)
AlwaysGoofy

Re: Gourmet ABC & Other WIPs (update 23 Sept)

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Beautiful start to the prayer for your godmother. I'm sure she'll adore it.

As for those costumes, my household is jealous. We love Janeway and her crew at our house. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative when it comes to anything outside of cross stitch or quilting.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: For the amazing speed and beautiful stitching on the Lord's Prayer! A perfect gift!
And I love the way you made the uniforms. Janeway would be very pleased!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

You are doing very well with all your makes. Look forward to more updates to see what you've been doing :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
StitchinWitch

Post by StitchinWitch »

Here's my (slow) progress on the Gourmet ABC. I've slowed down on this one since I'm working so hard on my Godmothers gift.
I'm hoping I can get it done by Christmas, if not, Valentines Day.
:wip: :ratherbe:

And here's my progress on the gift for my Godmother. I *HAVE* to finish it by 17 October.. It will get done. I have all night tonight, and all day tomorrow to stitch... Here's hoping I get a ton more done in the next week, so I don't have to stress out the day I need to give it away. I have the wrapping paper and frame ready to go.. I'm using this as my motivation.

:wip: :wip: :tea:

I just ordered a pizza.. I'm going to get my stitching groove on, and then stitch the night away. :ratherbe:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

StitchinWitch wrote:I just ordered a pizza.. I'm going to get my stitching groove on, and then stitch the night away. :ratherbe:
Pizza and beautiful stitching - I'm not sure they go together, at least not simultaneously :shock: :shock: (That's assuming of course that you eat pizza like I do, by picking up wedges with your fingers :-))
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: Good progress! :applesauce:

Mabel Figworthy wrote: ... (That's assuming of course that you eat pizza like I do, by picking up wedges with your fingers :-))
Soooo, you eat it like an American. :) I've heard tell that some folks eat it with a knife and fork, but I've never seen anyone do it.

WIP
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Allyn wrote::applesauce: Good progress! :applesauce:

Mabel Figworthy wrote: ... (That's assuming of course that you eat pizza like I do, by picking up wedges with your fingers :-))
Soooo, you eat it like an American. :) I've heard tell that some folks eat it with a knife and fork, but I've never seen anyone do it.
Nor have I. I think it might be illegal?

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat