Praise for Sew&sew

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Praise for Sew&sew

Post by wendywombat »

As many of us know the UK based firm of Sewandsew are reliable and give good service. :D :king:

I've just received 2 replacement brass adjuster screws for my hoops which fit onto my lap stand.
I emailed them last week to see if I could source the screws, one of which had stripped it's thread.
I had an email back saying that they had some in stock and asked for my address. They arrived (free of charge) this morning...in France!
:whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

So impressed I had to share!!
rcperryls

Re: Praise for Sew&sew

Post by rcperryls »

What a wonderful thing to do! One thing I love that we do is offer praise when suppliers provide superior service. That is certainly above and beyond what you'd expect!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

That truly is awesome customer service!! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Excellent!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

They really are an excellent firm to deal with and often go beyond the usual to help. So glad you can now tighten your hoop properly Wendy. :lol: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
CarrieGF

Post by CarrieGF »

I too can add to the praise for Sew and So, their customer service is impressive and they are so quick to send out items.
I cannot recommend them highly enough :D
Smile & the whole world smiles with you
Cry & you cry alone
fccs

Post by fccs »

CarrieGF wrote:I too can add to the praise for Sew and So, their customer service is impressive and they are so quick to send out items.
I cannot recommend them highly enough :D
They are even quick for orders sent from across the pond. The GBP to USD conversion is a bit painful, but they have some things I just can't find here.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

They are great. They've merge or taken over ilovecrosstitch now as well!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Just pulled this one up again from the archives.

I have some 22count Hardanger fabric I bought about 3 years ago from Burford Needlecraft, before they closed.
It's Rustico 22 count Hardanger and it's so different and I love using it. I bought a large piece and have been looking recently to buy some more........without success! :doh:

I emailed Sew&sew to see if they could source some. Sadly they could not BUT they replied with an apology after doing searches for me. :wub:

Even though they were unable to help they were interested enough in the customer to try and I think that is worth praising. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :king:

BTW if anyone knows a supplier or has heard of 22count Rustico Hardanger I'd love to know! :wink: :D It looks just like Rustico Aida and has some linen in it...but obviously a finer weave with the 2 threads as in Hardanger fabric
Angel

Post by Angel »

I love sew and so. Normally I'm very much a brick and mortar shop kind of girl, but sew and so seem to be so much more than just a nameless faceless internet company. They really seem to value their customers and that's gained my repeat patronage.
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I got quite cross the other day on Facebook when a bunch of people where slagging them off for slow delivery and it was a ROYAL MAIL issue not SewandSo!! Grrr.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Slow delivery and response are one thing they can NEVER be accused of!!!
I've had stuff sent here to France so fast I'm surprised the packaging isn't Scorched!!! :lol:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Just want to chime in to say that the few times I have ordered from them, I have gotten faster than something I would order here in the states. When I ordered my Lowery Stand from them (since for some reason it was sooooo much less expensive than anything here including shipping) it came in half the time they said. I am sure if I lived in the UK they would be my go to site, like 123Stitch is for me here.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

I have to agree with everyone giving high praise for SewandSo. They are my "go to" site for things I can't get here (Lowery and accessories, Bothy Threads, Derwentwater Designs...). They are super fast in shipping, even across the pond. I love this company.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

I highly rate Sewandso too, find them great. Orders dispatched quickly & any help you need is sorted out. When I undid the kit of The Rose I did last year, the chart was unreadable, so feint you could hardly see the print even with a magnifying glass. Looked like the last copy before printer ink finishes, had not come across that before. I emailed Sewandso who I bought it from, to see if they had a copy of the chart they could photocopy & let me have, I offered to pay for it if they did. Quick reply came & they told me to contact DMC & gave me all the info I needed. Got a copy from DMC but it was very good of Sewandso to give me the info. Hurrah for Sewandso I say
:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Solitaire

Post by Solitaire »

I'm in France too and only order from them, excellent service