Another word about Silkweavers . . A long wait for fabric!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JA Fan

Another word about Silkweavers . . A long wait for fabric!

Post by JA Fan »

Some may remember a thread posted by maemae0410 asking about members experiences with Silkweavers, (link below) I posted that I had just ordered some fabric from them.
That was in March. Two days ago I finally received my fabric. 15 weeks after ordering it!! :shock: That's nearly four months. It must be a record.
All I can say is that it was a good job I wasn't in any hurry for it!!!!
I had e-mailed them twice to ask when I could expect my fabric. I received prompt apologetic replies stating they were waiting for delivery of base fabric which was on back order. I think they could have at least e-mailed me to inform me of that in the first place, though!

On the plus side, it matches the DMC colour they said it would perfectly. I had asked them about DMC equivalents for some of their colours and they responded very quickly with the answers. I chose my fabric colour based on their response.
It's the size and count I ordered and they've already hemmed it around the edge. Got to give them their due for that!
They also included a free magazine ( albeit an old one) called "At Home with Needlework" with some nice charts in it.

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... ilkweavers" target="_blank"
WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
rcperryls

Re: Another word about Silkweavers . . A long wait for fabr

Post by rcperryls »

:whoop: It finally arrived! You are definitely one patient lady. Hope the charge didn't go through until it was shipped. They really should have been keeping you up to date on this one. I'm sure you weren't the only customer effected.

Looking forward to seeing a project with this very special fabric!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Wow!!! I have bought from them a couple of times via their facebook sales and have had to wait for a few weeks but certainly nowhere near that long!!!! That is just ridiculous!!! I honestly love their fabric, but they definitely need much better turnaround AND customer service!!! I'm glad that you like the fabric!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

KaraMuro

Post by KaraMuro »

Well, the nice thing with the Facebook sales is that they do have the fabric on hand since they seem to be selling the end of rolls and test dying. If I only had the money to buy more. :>
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: Delighted to know you finally have that fabric in your hot little hands. Looking forward to seeing what you are going to be stitching on it.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

When Silkweaver was Silkweaver they never ran out of base fabric.Now that Needleworkers Delight hold the reins it's nothing but slow deliveries and incorrect deliveries.I received 25ct Lugana instead of 20ct and Jobelan instead of Lugana.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"