(Important Message pg 1 top) Christmas Ornament Exchange

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Linda Rose

Re: (sign up CLOSED) 2014 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Post by Linda Rose »

My, but aren't we a challenged bunch this year! I, too am having a great deal of difficulty trying to finish my ornie up nicely. As I mentioned previously, I went for help for a better finisher than me and she did give me lots of good advice, all of which I have failed at so far. She has been on holiday but arrived back today so we will will work together Friday morning to see what we can do. In the interim, I have made a second ornament just in case. However, I am hoping for my first pick, because I chose things that the recipient is particularly fond of. Either way, an ornament is going in the mail by Friday afternoon. Good luck everyone!
Linda
Katiespark

Post by Katiespark »

I've also been running into challenges... this is what I get for experimenting with new techniques on an exchange! This weekend is my daughter's birthday, but my goal is to get it out there before Thanksgiving. :coffebreak: <--- me staring at chart like, "you want me to do WHAT?" :wink:
Katie
North Carolina, USA

WIPs:
Little Snap Dragon
Sweet Dreams (Anderson) -HAED
Allessandra Adelaide CT13

Recent Finishes
...yeah... about that... :lol:
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

Its ok everyone! As long as the ornament is in the mail in the next week or so we should all be fine :) Sorry everyone is having so many problems with this exchange! lol our mojos are off. I need to go buy some more floss tomorrow and get some pretty coordinating fabric so I can finish off the new ornament. It will be in the mail on Monday! Shouldn't take very long, I always ask how long it will take and they say 7-10 business days and in most cases it takes way less than the 7 days.

Sorry for the delay!!

*I recieved my ornament in the mail yesterday but I am not going to open it until I send mine off, only fair :tantrum: *
shadyglade

Post by shadyglade »

Mine is finished stitching, but I haven't had the time to run to the store to pick up the few items I need for finishing it. :( Hopefully that will happen this weekend (I hope)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Getting worried about my ornament. Shipped it Nov. 11 --airmail-- and don't know if it arrived at all. :(
Linda
msufly

Post by msufly »

mauveme wrote:Getting worried about my ornament. Shipped it Nov. 11 --airmail-- and don't know if it arrived at all. :(
The ornament I sent cairee took over 3 weeks to go from the US to Canada. Hopefully the recipient will get your ornament soon!
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I hope so,, Hopefully it 's the pre Christmas mail clogging the works.
Linda
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

Hi all!

Just a little reminder that your ornaments should be out in the next day or two at the latest. It is December 1st already :shock:

I will be messaging everyone tomorrow when I have my list and badgering them about their ornaments and where they are. Those who fail to send an ornament will be blacklisted for the next exchange, let's hope it doesn't come down to that :( (keep your shipping receipts too as I might have to ask for it for proof)
mauveme

Re: (Important Message pg 1 top) Christmas Ornament Exchange

Post by mauveme »

I really hope mine gets there. I sent it Nov 11th and still no word. :x: :x: :x: ( I am also waiting for supplies in the mail, and they are taking much longer than usual to get here)
Linda
shadyglade

Post by shadyglade »

Got mine in the mail finally. Do we need to post a tracking number or anything on here as proof of mailing?
fccs

Post by fccs »

USPS tracking shows the one I sent was delivered on 11/21...haven't heard anything on whether the receiver actually got it. It's out of my hands now, literally and figuratively. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
LastingAllure

Post by LastingAllure »

shadyglade wrote:Got mine in the mail finally. Do we need to post a tracking number or anything on here as proof of mailing?
No need :) I might ask for it later on but I believe most of us are honest with our packages.
Linda Rose

Post by Linda Rose »

Mine was sent out on the weekend. I have been tracking and it is due to be received tomorrow. I was unexpectedly away for the past couple of weeks and sent the package off Quickly without much explanation. I will pm recipient once I see that it has been received.
Linda
Katiespark

Post by Katiespark »

My stitched ornament is in the mail! :whoop: (Although I just realized that in my rush to get it out, I completely forgot to take a picture of it for my craft album. I'm hoping my recipient will help me out by posting a pic when it arrives.)

Haven't received an ornament yet, but it's fun having something to look forward to!
Katie
North Carolina, USA

WIPs:
Little Snap Dragon
Sweet Dreams (Anderson) -HAED
Allessandra Adelaide CT13

Recent Finishes
...yeah... about that... :lol:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

So thrilled, mail man had just dropped of my ornies form Linda Rose. STUNNING, they are wonderful and have not seen this before, The worknmanship is amazing. Beyond happy. Thankyou so much. (now if only mine would get to it's destination)
Linda
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Mine is going out in today's mail... Sorry for the delay but life got crazyish! I also recieved not one but TWO very lovely ornaments right before heading out of town for thanksgiving week early last week..

There was also some chocolate in there which got tossed into my purse while I was packing, and made a great snack for the car ride...

There was also a card telling me who these lovely goodies were from... that I've been searching high and low for since I got back and I just can't find it anywhere! :oops: Sooo.. would my secret santa please step up and take credit for these goodies? Thank you so much for them!!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oh I am so glad they arrived ( I was getting ready to make a replacement one), chocolate is always a good friend on a trip. Glad you enjoy them.
Linda
shadyglade

Post by shadyglade »

NeedleAndFork wrote:Mine is going out in today's mail... Sorry for the delay but life got crazyish! I also recieved not one but TWO very lovely ornaments right before heading out of town for thanksgiving week early last week..

Those are fantastically wonderful! I love them! :applesauce:
shadyglade

Post by shadyglade »

Just checked the tracking on mine, and supposedly it's out for delivery right now. Hope it reaches it's destination soon! (and that my recipient likes it, of course!)
msufly

Post by msufly »

shadyglade wrote:Just checked the tracking on mine, and supposedly it's out for delivery right now. Hope it reaches it's destination soon! (and that my recipient likes it, of course!)
It arrived and it's beautiful! Lovely beading work and very neat stitching. Wonderful backing fabric on it too. Thanks so much!!
images hosting
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)