Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

fiddler

Re: ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Post by fiddler »

So pretty. Look forward to seeing the other letters appear :applesauce: :wub: I
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: this is coming along so nicely and is just beautiful!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

CuriousKitty wrote:Please, even less people have any idea where Snohomish is, or how to spell it. But I work in Mill Creek.
Well, I know where Snohomish is. And I definitely know where Mill Creek is. We're just a few minutes away. We like to head over there whenever we have a hankering for Frost Donuts. :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Little over halfway on F! Just greens and back-stitching to go. I've had an anxious time at work last few days, which apparently directly correlates to the lack of ability to concentrate on anything.
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

"F" is looking good. I love those colors. Week-end is coming so hopefully you'll be able to recharge your batteries and use the week-end to relax and stitch!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Such a pretty colour for "F" and I hope things settle down at work for you so you can stitch more easily. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Gorgeous updates on those pretty letters. :whoop: :dance: :dance:

As you and Goofy live so close I can see I 'get-together' over Do-Nuts! :coffee:
bassetluv

Post by bassetluv »

This is beautiful! I hope your work gets better soon.
~Amy

WIPs:
Roll Your Own - Ink Circles
Around the World in 80 Stitches - Papillon SAL
Antique Animal Sampler
HAEDs - Od Magic, Funky Fish Carnival, SK White Nine Tail Fox, QS Frogs Kissing SAL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92952441@N08//
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Oh, I hope things at work calm down. I also hope you weathered the storm OK this weekend. I couldn't believe how many trees were down everywhere. Trying to get anywhere this weekend was like going through a maze. We just kept coming to dead ends with trees over the road. We got our power back last night.

I love the way your "F" is shaping up. Can't wait to see more updates.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

AlwaysGoofy wrote:Oh, I hope things at work calm down. I also hope you weathered the storm OK this weekend. I couldn't believe how many trees were down everywhere. Trying to get anywhere this weekend was like going through a maze. We just kept coming to dead ends with trees over the road. We got our power back last night.

I love the way your "F" is shaping up. Can't wait to see more updates.
Well, kinda/sorta. This week we just had our big "Diamond Party" on Wednesday (bring in literally 15 million in loose diamonds, mountings, settings, gemstones, finished designer jewelry) which was a success- it initially wasn't shaping up to be. Our goal for the day was 25k, we did 41k! I didn't make my goal personally, but it's a team effort!

The storm was interesting. So me personally, we lost power for about an hour or two, but I live in downtown Snohomish, so power came back pretty fast. Of all the Fred Meyers around us, of 8 stores, we were the only one with power (So, Bothell, Lynnwood, Alderwood, Everett, Snohomish, Monroe and Marysville all had 0 power). Our phone never stopped ringing- big question of the day? "OMG DO YOU HAVE VISA/AMEX/MC PHONE NUMBERS?" Crazy people. Thank god my manager is awesome and she had our 'crash pack' all ready to go.

So Monday our Labor Day sale ends, so next week things will start to calm down and I can hopefully bust out a few more letters. Our goals are slowly getting higher, which means we're starting to gear up for (le gasp) Christmas Season goals. In jewelry, that's a scary thing.

Last year, my first year with a *real* Christmas goal was 35k. And I had the SMALLEST goal. It was so scary. I made it to 28/29k by the end of December/1st week of January. Definitely better mentally prepared this year. So all in all, I guess a hectic, but not bad last two weeks.
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Ooohh, that is very pretty thread. Neatly stitched, looking forward to next update :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Glad you weathered the storm well. We definitely got hit hard in Bothell. Everything is finally getting close to getting cleaned up on the roads around us.

Yes, the holiday season is coming. I've already begun making lists of things I want to get done. I don't want to be up all night Christmas Eve finishing up all my Christmas tasks this year. I've done that way too many time.

I'm looking forward to seeing more updates on your blanket.
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

So I just had a horrifying realization. I was almost done with all my green backstitching, and in this letter, I have French Knots. The knots are indicated by a bright blue dot. The green backstitching is indicated by a bright blue dot. So I did the knots in green.

Turns out they're supposed to be yellow. And I'm not sure how to fix this, there are 12 knots and they're all connected to the backstitching. =/
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Oh no!! Obviously the only solution of fixing it is to undo all of the backstitching and french knots---but if you are okay with how it looks, I'm sure no one else will really notice it
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

karen4bells wrote:Oh no!! Obviously the only solution of fixing it is to undo all of the backstitching and french knots---but if you are okay with how it looks, I'm sure no one else will really notice it
Maybe I can pretend they're green buds? What's annoying is I remember thinking "Huh, green french knots seem weird. It's a vintage pattern though, maybe that was the thing?"

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

If you're relatively happy with how it looks and don't want to pick anything out, why not add a yellow french knot next to the green one? You could do it on everything, or just on this one, whatever suits you. I would hate to pick them out myself, but it depends how much of a perfectionist you are about your stitching.

I think it looks good as is, and it's your choice to change it or leave it as is with this as your own interpretation. :) I have several patterns, if not all that I've "personalized". :lol:
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I think the flowers look lovely as is. If it were me, I wouldn't change a thing. However, if it's going to bother you, you can always undo the backstitching and French knots and redo them.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I agree with the others. I think it looks fine. I am sure I would leave it unless you are going to be continuously bothered by it. I doubt anyone else will notice. I think the blanket is going to be beautiful.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

So been a few months but my goal to finish this by Christmas was beyond impossible. I underestimated how unbelievably tired I would be during the holiday season.

Now I have finished the letter F, much to my relief. I think of all the letters so far, it's been the worst. The back stitching by itself was super irritating. Now I get to start on G, and I finally get to do a letter that's not decked out in pink!

I've also moved onto Q-Snap frames instead of hoops now, but after finishing F off with Q-Snap, I've realized that this afghan is much more delicate than aida. I didn't rip or fray any thread, but it pulled a little. So I found some jersey I had and cut it into strips to go in between the Q-Snaps... it's a lot hard to remove because it's so tight, but it'll protect the fabric.
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful update!! This is clearly an heirloom in the making!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat