Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Post by rcperryls »

CuriousKitty wrote:
wendywombat wrote:Now then! What were you worried about??? :doh:

That G is Totally Lovely!!
:whoop: :applesauce: :whoop: :applesauce: :whoop: :dance: :dance:
Worried about going insane I think. I'm a little disappointed in H- the pattern makes it appear to be white, purple and pink. All the floss I pulled is pink. Cotten Candy Pink. I hate pink. BUT I SHALL PERSEVERE!

H in a word: HELLCONFETTI.

(okay two words).
G looks perfectly fine to me also. Worrying about how your stitching looks seems normal to me or insanity is the normal state for stitchers. Not sure which it is. And I'm also pretty sure that H will be very pretty. It has to be hard to do a floral pattern and not have a lot of pink. Looking forward to seeing "H".

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

:applesauce: Lovely progress! :applesauce:

WIP
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

This is very pretty. They look lovely together & no doubt the H will be just as good :applesauce: :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Your letter "G" turned out quite nicely. I love, love, love your work space. I've been thinking of something similar when I redo my office/craft room this spring. I'd love a corner unit. However, I'm going for a "beach-y" look, so I'm thinking a white or distressed white desk. Either way, I am really jealous of your work space.

Thank you for sharing your update! :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

AlwaysGoofy wrote:Your letter "G" turned out quite nicely. I love, love, love your work space. I've been thinking of something similar when I redo my office/craft room this spring. I'd love a corner unit. However, I'm going for a "beach-y" look, so I'm thinking a white or distressed white desk. Either way, I am really jealous of your work space.

Thank you for sharing your update! :D
I picked it up at Office Depot on Evergreen Way/SE Everett Mall Way. This was my Christmas present last year (2014). I really wanted a real wood desk. And let me tell you, this thing weighs a ton. I think we almost dropped the hutch getting it up on top of the desk. They honestly didn't have a lot variation.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/sear ... pct-_-ad_5" target="_blank

It's cheaper than when I bought it now. Just fair warning, very heavy and self-assembly. I did not buy the little side filing cabinet that's part of the collection. I love everything about it. The hutch doors will lock into an open position so you can root around in there (right hand side is 100% full of nail polish and supplies). and the small spaces under are perfect for stashing flat notebooks, sketchpads, graph paper... etc.

And yes Carole, pink is very prevalent. Good thing this blanket's for a little girl!
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Okay I hate double posting, but I finished H in two days! Hell-fetti is done! Onto the letter I, which is a singular rose.

Belatedly, I have also realized G is not quite centered. Oh well!

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh how pretty!!

Wonderful addition to the afghan . Those letters look so good together. :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

CuriousKitty wrote:Hell-fetti is done!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, but that just made me giggle---love that terminology and it's so appropriate!!! Beautiful finish on the H---(which may just stand for Hell-fetti) I'm hoping I is Incredibly easier to deal with!! Love this project
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Aren't they so pretty, just like a flower garden. Well Done on getting "G" finished, and I love that bundle of threads, all those gorgeous colours. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

karen4bells wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, but that just made me giggle---love that terminology and it's so appropriate!!! Beautiful finish on the H---(which may just stand for Hell-fetti) I'm hoping I is Incredibly easier to deal with!! Love this project
Has anyone asked if you're prophetic? Because you're right. I is a single rose that if I could I'd preview a finished one to you- unfortunately all I have are the patterns to go by and that's a no-no to share the pattern here. After I finished H last night, I got an entire color done in 10 minutes on I's stem.
RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

Very pretty, and so neat! Lovely work. :applesauce: :applesauce:
karen4bells wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry, but that just made me giggle
Me too, such a good word!
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Thanks for the heads up on your desk from Office Depot. I bought my last office chair (which I love) from the Office Depot in Lynnwood right near the Joann's. I've also been looking at Wayfair. I'm hoping to get my room remodeled sometime in late March or April.

Your "H" looks great now that it's all done. That blanket is quite the masterpiece.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

This is so pretty! :applesauce: :applesauce:
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

AlwaysGoofy wrote:Thanks for the heads up on your desk from Office Depot. I bought my last office chair (which I love) from the Office Depot in Lynnwood right near the Joann's. I've also been looking at Wayfair. I'm hoping to get my room remodeled sometime in late March or April.

Your "H" looks great now that it's all done. That blanket is quite the masterpiece.

Oh, I would also like to point out, that if you change your mind and get a dark wood desk like mine, I notice that when I dust it with Pledge, sometimes a pink/red stain comes off on my paper towel.

And than you all! Here's the letter I~!

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

This is so pretty. Ian sure she will love it :applesauce: :wub:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

fiddler wrote:This is so pretty. Ian sure she will love it :applesauce: :wub:

Pretty indeed! :wub:

You're galloping along with this now!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: "I" is stunning!! (put the I in quotes because that is a weird sentence, isn't it?). That may be the prettiest letter so far. I love the colors of this one and there is a real elegance about it.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: I love it!!! Simply beautiful!!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful ABC's! And the "I" - wow!!! More, please....
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends