ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

LadyS

Re: ABC Floral Baby Blanket

Post by LadyS »

I hadn't seen this with all my absences but it looks fantastic!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Glad to see you've been able to pick this one up again. Each letter is so beautiful in its own right.

Thank you for sharing!
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Thanks! I was sincerely aiming for Christmas but retail jobs are just a pain. Christmas Eve my sister found out that child #2 is another girl, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing with that coming up in May. My new proposed deadline is blanket done by 2nd birthday in March!

(we'll just see how well that goes)
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

This is beautiful, so lovingly stitched. I like the colours. Thanks for sharing :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce: :)
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Great to see this lovely one again and well done on sticking with it through all the problems. :wub: this update its gorgeous. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

I've had something of an awful day comprised of super highs and bad lows and I'm working on G right now and I'm feeling so frustrated with myself. =/ As I finished all the red/orange and yellow, I felt I had hit the pattern on target. Now I'm stitching in all the green and I realized I've had major misses and gaps! I'm making up half of it as I go so it doesn't look awful. I keep repeating to myself, "No one knows what the pattern is, they can't see that it's off..."

I don't know, this was one of my favorite letters, but I'm feeling so frustrated. While it won't look bad or mis-done, I've never "messed up" a pattern this much before! But I know all you lovely ladies and some gents, understand this horrible frustration. Ugh.

Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Hey! Don't fret! :hug:
When it's finished ...No One Will Be Any The Wiser!!!

Psst...if you hadn't mentioned it, nor would we!! :wink:

I love those colours BTW! :D
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

wendywombat wrote:Hey! Don't fret! :hug:

I think it's just a culmination of an awful but sort of okay day? I had work from 11-8pm, sold almost 2k, got a credit app, my manager comes in and is doing the most amazing impersonation of a fire breathing dragon. Got my bum chewed out twice. Come home, fiancee's had an awful day at work and I'm missing spots. Kind of want to tear my hair out. And on top of it all apparently my 3011 has gone missing, which is the last green I need to finish it, so guess who's running to the store tomorrow!

It's about 3:30 am, but I feel good to keep stitching, so I might move onto the next letter until I get the thread. Ugh.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:Hey! Don't fret! :hug:

I agree with Wendy! Been there a few times myself. When its all done, the G will be one of 26 lovely stitched letters that will be admired for how pretty each one is.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

I think it looks fantastic---and no one will know that it isn't as it was charted, some mistakes actually improve the design too!!!
Sounds like you had quite a crazy stressful day and I do hope that stitching has helped to relieve that stress :hug:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

I agree with the others - no one will even know that you "personalized" it. You had a rough day, he had a rough day, stuff happens. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's still beautiful!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

It is looking really great and only you know where you had to ad lib, so try and put it out of your mind. As for the lousy day at work, just think of it as helping your boss to give voice to her negativity and try and put it out of your mind - which I know is easier said than done. :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Squirrel wrote:It is looking really great and only you know where you had to ad lib, so try and put it out of your mind. As for the lousy day at work, just think of it as helping your boss to give voice to her negativity and try and put it out of your mind - which I know is easier said than done. :lol:

Thanks a bunch guys, I just needed that little affirmation there. So in order to finish G, I needed 3011- so I went to my Ben Franklin... and like any trip to the craft store, did not leave with just one thing...
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

Glad you've managed to let go of the bad. It's amazing what a trip to the craft store can do for the soul. As for me, I don't notice anything wrong with your G. It looks just as beautiful as all of the other letters.
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I think that green is one of the colours with the most shades. :lol:

I can't begin to guess which of the greens it is in that wonderful pile of lovely colours....but you'll have fun finding it! :whoop:

When you've had a lousy day at work, the only thing to do is come here and have a good moan, then settle down, forget it and stitch!
Easy for me to say as I've been retired for 17 years....but I Do Remember lousy days at work :doh: :tantrum:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

wendywombat wrote:I think that green is one of the colours with the most shades. :lol:

I can't begin to guess which of the greens it is in that wonderful pile of lovely colours....but you'll have fun finding it! :whoop:

When you've had a lousy day at work, the only thing to do is come here and have a good moan, then settle down, forget it and stitch!
Easy for me to say as I've been retired for 17 years....but I Do Remember lousy days at work :doh: :tantrum:
I agree completely. I've been retired for 12 years and wish wish wish wish wish this forum had been around when I was working because I most certainly remember what a lousy work day could be. It's kind of scary though to think how much more stash I would have accumulated than the absurd amount I now have. :roll:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
19Roland19

Post by 19Roland19 »

Well, I think it looks wonderful. Sorry you've had a rough time with it and I hope shopping helped lift your spirits.
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

Another rough day but excessive cleaning of the work space and marathon stitching whilst binge watching Project Runway (I just started Season 3 while typing this).

WOOHOO. ONTO H. YEAH.
Last edited by CuriousKitty on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Now then! What were you worried about??? :doh:

That G is Totally Lovely!!
:whoop: :applesauce: :whoop: :applesauce: :whoop: :dance: :dance:
CuriousKitty

Post by CuriousKitty »

wendywombat wrote:Now then! What were you worried about??? :doh:

That G is Totally Lovely!!
:whoop: :applesauce: :whoop: :applesauce: :whoop: :dance: :dance:
Worried about going insane I think. I'm a little disappointed in H- the pattern makes it appear to be white, purple and pink. All the floss I pulled is pink. Cotten Candy Pink. I hate pink. BUT I SHALL PERSEVERE!

H in a word: HELLCONFETTI.

(okay two words).