What are you planning on stitching over the holidays????

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

destructiveernie

What are you planning on stitching over the holidays????

Post by destructiveernie »

So I finished my Christmas present stitching last night, the final push to get them done has left me very behind with Xmas present wrapping and card writing, etc.
Despite this I'm up early sorting out my next stitching and getting the fabric onto the q snaps!!!

I've got my ink circles, The Bramble and The Rose now on my Lowry for daytime stitching and HAED Faery Tales is ready on the q snap for working on after the little one is in bed!!!

What are people planning on working on over Christmas????
Emma

WIP:
HAED Faery Tales
Tilton Crafts - MCM Olde Worlde Map
HAED QS Lady Bug
Ink Circles The Bramble and the Rose
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED Butterfly Wood
HAED SAL Teddy Bear Tree
Lucy - Charted by Skitzzzz
NeedleAndFork

Re: What are you planning on stitching over the holidays????

Post by NeedleAndFork »

I dont have the first clue yet.. I'm leaving to head to my friend's place on christmas morning and won't be back home until the 5th, so I need to decide on something and pack it to take with me. As much as I'd love to take my HAED which I'm missing desperately after a month of ornament only stitching, it's just not realistic - it is entirely too involved to stitch around other people. I'll most likely take my Rovaris alphabet sampler - it's just ONE color.. easy enough to manage, and I haven't touched it in months. If I have the time to pull the colors and make a floss card, I might think about taking the supplies for making an ornament so I can start on my resolution to stitch 1 ornament a month for myself. In the hunt for ornaments to make for the swap here on the board and for christmas presents, I've found atleast 50 I'd like to make for myself (yes, I know.. I'm nuts) so I want to work on those throughout the year. I'll also probably take some knitting with me - I've got plenty of sock yarn, and the 10 days I'll be gone should be enough to knit anywhere from half a sock to the entire pair depending on the pattern I end up choosing and how much time I put into it.
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

I'm sick of stitching. I found a pattern I wanted to do for my dad...it was cheap and I had material and floss already...been working on it since at least early november but I've been lazy and really unmotivated the last few weeks. I'm pretty close, but I might have to put it away for next year. Idk...thinking about going to my not so local needlework shop this week for inspiration. So I haven't finished the ornaments I had planned. Oh well.
Here's the current project for my dad...
Dawn
:wip:
Italian Vista
HAEDs - Autumn, Come Together, Sunflower Bee, I Put a Spell on You
Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

sleeplessstitcher916 on Instagram
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Interesting project, so unusual! Can I ask what it represents?

As for Christmas stitching, more of the same for me :-). I have nearly finished Floral Lace 7b (Daffodil), so I'll be able to put that up on the site before Christmas, and then I'll be stitching mostly away from home as we go and visit family a lot, so I'll just take my Floral Lace folder and keep going! There's four more to do which should see me through most of the visits :-) (A pity I won't have Holly done before Christmas...)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I had planned to pull out either Motley and the Christmas Pudding or O Kitten Tree (both are HAEDs) once I finished the Coasters (yeah! all done now and pictures to post today!) and some cards I also did Hardanger pieces for, but instead Amulet and Emmaline refused to shut up and are insisting that I finish the page(s) I was stitching so that I have a complete row done before I move on to something else. I tried to argue, but to no avail, :oops: so last night the afghan was back in my lap (with the kitties).

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

I will hopefully be finishing up a project next week that has to be given away in January (eek!) and then starting some projects that need to be done by February.

But first I have to finish some ornaments! A stitcher's work is never done. :)
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

We're packing up today and leaving first thing in the morning to visit DD in Nebraska. I plan to take a couple of EMS's zoo animals and one of Dimensions' Gold Collection kits along to keep me company. And some knitting.

Merry Christmas to all!
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ
Rose

Post by Rose »

Well I am so bad. I wanted the quilt done for daughter this Christmas and I was really going good and then realized that other presents were being left out. So once I get this last present done. It is for Christmas but the person it is for will not be here until close to the New Year, I am still good. So finish, finish that present then the quilt comes out and it is that until it is complete. I have 9 of the 20 squares all hand quilted so not that far to go.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
MaggieM1750

Post by MaggieM1750 »

Oh my gosh Rose.. that is quite the undertaking! It would take me a year just to finish a quilt.

I was over at my mothers last night, and will be going back over the weekend to finish-finish a couple projects. We'll be turning Owls into a small pillow for a friend. Turning Snowman into a bellpull for another friend. I'll be seeing both friends on New Years Eve. And since the sewing machine is out, I'll FINALLY finish my Eskimo's into a pillow for the cabin.. although its final resting spot is yet to be determined.. dad thinks its too nice for the cabin (using the word cabin is being generous.. think 30' square, one room, wood stove, outhouse, primarily used for deer hunting) So, we'll see where it ends up.

I'll snap a few photos and put them in my WIP thread when they are all finished.
I haven't done much stitching since early November. Too many other things that need to be done. I've not even done my usual lunch-time stitching. I've been running around shopping instead of stitching. Or I've been in party mode- planning and shopping and cooking and cleaning. Whew I've spent a lot of time in my kitchen lately. But that is all typical for me. Now when things settle down again, I'll start making progress on projects again.
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Interesting project, so unusual! Can I ask what it represents?
My dad plays a lot of pool so it's an 8 ball with flames around it. I call it fire and ice. lol
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

fccs

Post by fccs »

You know, I hadn't even thought of a special Christmas/holidays project. I am back to my two larger WIP's and Christmas ornaments (yeah, not for this Christmas!) after finishing three gifts. But this post made me think: this will be my first Christmas alone (kids are in a different time zone, as are my friends-who-are-like-family), so maybe I should start something extra special to compensate.

Gotta run now...I hear all my stash calling my name, fighting for attention. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
calico

Post by calico »

I'll be plugging away at Santa and his Feathered Friend. I haven't put much time into it since the last update because I got derailed to make a couple of ornaments. I just may make another ornament or two as there are some I really want to stitch!
Calico

WIPs:
Glory of Autumn
Orchids & Hummingbird
Santa's Feathered Friend
Eagle's Majesty
Feasting Frenzy
Chickadees on a branch
Autumn Owl Trio - HAED

My Blog
My Flickr
My YouTube Channel
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Want to stitch but I don't know what to do....So many things to try but I am lost as to what to stitch, I have an ink circles I've had for years, that's a possibility, but I can't figure out what colour to stitch it. it will be either overdyed or variegated something, just don't know. spell check tells me "colour " is d is spelt wrong but it's not--so annoying
Linda
Louise1262

Post by Louise1262 »

:thinks: Probably going to stay with hardanger and stitch Mabels 'Round the World' sets on the cream afghan I've had in stash for years. I got 4 sets for stashmas from Evedeve (thank you again) and need the other 2. I've also got Autumn Wreath, Flora and then a few smalls for coasters. Nope :lol: definately won't be bored.
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I have four different projects on scroll frames so will just rotate around them while I am alone or watching tv. I have a Christmas dinner preparation to make and at least 4 days of visiting and get-together before New Year Day. So I think I will be stitching ornaments in between my BAPs.

socialsue :D
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

dawn0621 wrote:
That's awesome. I love it. What chart is that?

WIP
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

mauveme wrote: spell check tells me "colour " is d is spelt wrong but it's not--so annoying
The spell checker is set to American English. :( There's no "u" in color in American English.

WIP
dawn0621

Post by dawn0621 »

Allyn wrote:
dawn0621 wrote:
That's awesome. I love it. What chart is that?
I just found it on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cross-stitch-ch ... 2a3482b930" target="_blank
Dawn
Italian Vista
I Believe in Santa
Autumn Leaves Bookmark
Autumn from Etsy

Finished ~Hummingbirds

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Linda, it is very annoying with spell check, just wish it had English english instead of American english then we wouldn't be getting told "its spelt wrong" on so many words. Oh well thats life I guess.

As for me I am taking some small bits and bobs in the way of stitching - most likely little kits from magazines to do plus a piece of hardanger. Once home (1/1/14) I will get back onto my Chatelaine - update pics on that later today (Aus time). :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
msufly

Post by msufly »

I'll be flying home to MI on Saturday for a week so I'm taking everything I need for 2 ornaments out of JCS but I might add a 3rd small piece because my neighbor dropped off a nice basket of goodies today so I need a gift for her when I return.
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)