Chart I've got my eye on and hubby's reaction

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

JA Fan

Chart I've got my eye on and hubby's reaction

Post by JA Fan »

I have my eye on this chart by Joan Elliot and I made the mistake of showing the picture to my hubby. His reaction? Well, it went something like, "That's nice. And when are you planning on doing that one? Sorry to bring reality into this!" :roll:

Did it bring me down to earth? Nope!!!!

WIP
Gold Collection Petite -- Cozy Cub
On hold:
HAED -- Bob Cratchit and Tiny Tim
Rose

Re: Chart I've got my eye on and hubby's reaction

Post by Rose »

My hubby's reaction would have been. "Yeah that is a nice one......who is that going to be for????"

@rotfl: @rotfl: He know most everything I stitch is for someone other then me....... :roll:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
annamarie23

Post by annamarie23 »

That's a lovely chart! Yep, my husband would have said pretty much the same thing :lol:
Are you going to buy it? :)
Anna-Marie x

WIP - CSC 'Calligraphy', Janlynn 'Egyptian Pair', Ink Circles 'Woodland Vines'.
Waiting in the wings - Music and violin- Skitzzzzz, SQ 'Midsummer Eve', HAED Mini Camelot plus lots of others.
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

It's absolutely gorgeous. :shock:
My B/H would agree with me on the beauty and just say, "It will go into your stuff for future projects? Won't it?"
He comments on the beauty of charts but not really into when or who it will go to, til I work on it, then he will ask.
After making his wolf mother/cubs picture last year, he's content with whatever I am making and don't bother me with ?'s.

HAPPY STITCHING IN STITCHING LAND :applesauce: :D :applesauce: :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:lol: That is a lovely chart. I am sure my husband would have responded the same way. Especially since I was only a one at a timer then. My numerous projects now would have him shaking his head and then saying something like "If it makes you happy" with a quizzical look on his face. I hope you are planning on starting it sometime fairly soon as I would love to see this being stitched.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Offe

Post by Offe »

My boyfriend says: "Cross stitch is a hobby and hobbies are meant to spend money on."
cairee

Post by cairee »

My DH asked what I want for my birthday, I pointed to a lovely chart I found online. he says "you already have so many" I simply replied with "but I dont have that one and thats one I want"
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

I know what my husband's comment would be.It would relate to how much skin she wasn't showing.
Is that a new chart?I've not seen it before.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

It's beautiful.

My ex partner just didn't like me stitching at all - old lady hobby.

But my Dad was the WORST enabler EVER. Before I'd stitched a stitch he dragged me into a stitchy shop (he wasn't stitchy but it was an historic building and he wanted to look around). Then we were looking at tapestries of cats and it began:

"get that one, get this one, this one's nice too. Come on we won't come in here often so you may as well get what you like now. You got invited to that sewing group, now you'll have something to sew. I'm sure the group will be happy to show you what you need to do". Several hundred dollars later ...

After I finished my first one he confessed he never thought I'd actually do one and I asked him why on earth he bought all of that stuff then and he said because you never know if you don't give it a go and there's nothing as discouraging as starting and not having what you need and just look at what you did - it's beautiful.

I have never looked back. I make a pilgramage at least once a year to that little old house and spend hours buried in the canvases and patterns. Spend every penny I have 8}
Myst..
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Mine would have been get it if you want...but when are you going to finish something for US lol he has been bugging me to finish starry night and i keep adding on other projects for other people in front of it haha.
Laughin-Stitches

Post by Laughin-Stitches »

JA Fan wrote:I have my eye on this chart by Joan Elliot and I made the mistake of showing the picture to my hubby. His reaction? Well, it went something like, "That's nice. And when are you planning on doing that one? Sorry to bring reality into this!" :roll:

Did it bring me down to earth? Nope!!!!

Hahahahhaha this gave me a giggle. @rotfl:
~One Stitch At A Time~
Laughin-Stitches

Post by Laughin-Stitches »

Mystonique wrote:It's beautiful.

My ex partner just didn't like me stitching at all - old lady hobby.

But my Dad was the WORST enabler EVER. Before I'd stitched a stitch he dragged me into a stitchy shop (he wasn't stitchy but it was an historic building and he wanted to look around). Then we were looking at tapestries of cats and it began:

"get that one, get this one, this one's nice too. Come on we won't come in here often so you may as well get what you like now. You got invited to that sewing group, now you'll have something to sew. I'm sure the group will be happy to show you what you need to do". Several hundred dollars later ...

After I finished my first one he confessed he never thought I'd actually do one and I asked him why on earth he bought all of that stuff then and he said because you never know if you don't give it a go and there's nothing as discouraging as starting and not having what you need and just look at what you did - it's beautiful.

I have never looked back. I make a pilgramage at least once a year to that little old house and spend hours buried in the canvases and patterns. Spend every penny I have 8}

Wow what a lovely story! :wub: Your once a year trip would be so exciting!
~One Stitch At A Time~
JA Fan

Post by JA Fan »

Stitchinkitty wrote:I know what my husband's comment would be.It would relate to how much skin she wasn't showing.
Is that a new chart?I've not seen it before.
:lol: :lol:
As for your question about it being a new chart, I have no idea! But I get the feeling it's an older one.

Mystonique, that is a beautiful story. :wub: :wub: Your Dad sounds like a lovely person.

I don't have the excuse that it is for someone else. Our spare room has pale yellow walls and bedding with a gentle fern/rain forest/African sort of look. It's hard to explain. I have 2 prints on the walls of a lion and cub and a giraffe -- both at sunset. I thought this beautiful picture of this African lady would go well in there. My hubby did actually agree it would. Wonders will never cease!
WIP
On hold:
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

My husband has never noticed the incongruence of time and the amount of charts I want to stitch. He always just comments if he likes it or not, and asks me when I plan to start stitching it.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Myst, what a lovely man your Dad was!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
jaye_pony

Post by jaye_pony »

Wow, that one's nice.
WIP

Anchor Elephant Stroll
Country Threads Pink Phallys

2013 Finishes

'B is for Bird'
Country Threads Cockatiels
Country Threads King Parrots
Vervaco tiger bookmark
Mini birdcage
Mini dolphin
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Lovely chart, JA Fan!

I'm fortunate enough to have a very supportive hubby who takes an interest in what I'm stitching and doesn't mind me spending money on more patterns. It's my own money anyway so he doesn't get a say in how I spend it, within reason.

I recently showed him a couple of patterns I was umming and ahhing over to see what he thought of them and he said "Those are nice, is this that STABLE thing again?" :lol: Ironic given that when it comes to stitching, stable is one thing I'm not!
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

:) That's sounds very similar to my DH's reaction, although he's also very supportive when I find something that I really like.

Myst - what a wonderful story, that's so cool.
JA Fan

Post by JA Fan »

BizzieLizzie wrote:Lovely chart, JA Fan!

I'm fortunate enough to have a very supportive hubby who takes an interest in what I'm stitching and doesn't mind me spending money on more patterns. It's my own money anyway so he doesn't get a say in how I spend it, within reason.

I recently showed him a couple of patterns I was umming and ahhing over to see what he thought of them and he said "Those are nice, is this that STABLE thing again?" :lol: Ironic given that when it comes to stitching, stable is one thing I'm not!
@rotfl: @rotfl:
Actually, my hubby is very supportive of my stitching. He was just trying to tell me I shouldn't stitch too many charts at once! I thought that was funny. I currently have the grand total of two which is nothing compared to what some members are managing to have on the go!
Poor fellow. I didn't disillusion him. Maybe I should have! :D
WIP
On hold: