Weight Watchers Stitchers

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LadyS

Weight Watchers Stitchers

Post by LadyS »

With my husband now deployed for 6 months, I am back on WW online and following it strictly again! It's an advantage of being alone and not having to cook what our family wants and falling into their cravings. :dance:

I know there are some of you that are also on WW and am wondering if you girls would like to report back here every week as a little support group for each other, especially for those who are doing it online and don't go to meetings.

We don't have to disclose total weight (sensitive subject, I know), but we can report on weekly weight loss, and victories and stumbles of the week, and cheer each other on. I think accountability is part of a successful diet plan, 'cus alone we may "cheat".

I've done so many diets in my life (including taking amphetamines) and all those crazy soup diets, 500 calories a day diets, several other prescription medication diets, etc. and they all worked somehow, but of course, without the meds or back to regular eating, I gained it all again. I did try WW too as a teen, and that worked as well, but I didn't stay until maintenance and stopped going. The new system is easier though, so I am giving it another try.

So who's in? Today is Monday so I thought it was fitting. And those on different diet plans or going alone can use the support too, so it's not just WW.

Rose, if I get enough interested in this support group, could you make it sticky?
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
wwdiva

Re: Weight Watchers Stitchers

Post by wwdiva »

Great idea!
I am an at-goal Lifetime member but more than that, I was a WW Leader (that's why my username is WWdiva) and was on the company executive for 15 years. I am a true believer in the common sense, real life approach to healthy eating. But the strength is the power of group support.
It would be fun to be a part of this. I am having a hard time feeling committed to maintaining my weight due to all the health troubles that I am having so it would be nice to share the success of others.
Count me in.
Cheers :wine:
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

I'm in for sure Laura.
I managed to lose 3 1/2 stone following WW 4 years ago and it's nearly all gone back on again. I tried the new ProPoints system but couldn't get to grips with it. I tried Slimming World too, but am fed up with diet clubs. I'm going to try and go it alone with sensible eating and trying to get more exercise. This may be just the incentive I need.
Thanks for posting this Laura :thumbsup:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I think this is a great idea. I have been on WW several times. Last time I did get to my Lifetime Goal and was really pretty good for nearly 3 years in maintaining it. Didn't do it online but just checked in every Friday. So I never went to meetings and it still worked. Which is why I have been thinking I do need to do online (my sister has just lost 14 lbs that way). I was actually doing pretty well until the "fall on my face" and only eating soft food (which to me means pasta and ice cream and really good soft bread". Haven't putt all of my 40 lbs back but have put 12 on. :oops: I was told by my dr that one of my meds was good for 5 lbs, but though my "skinnier" clothes fit, they don't all look or feel good.
We sort of tried this once before, but maybe this time it will work better.

Carole
:thinks: :cake: :icecream: when it should be black :coffee: :tea:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

I'm in too. I am a very lapsed gold member with nearly 3 stone to llose. I rejoined in January and have lost 8lbs so far but any extra support is great. Weigh ins are wednesday for me but it's my birthday tomorrow so not banking on a very good week!
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Weigh ins are Monday for me (so I stay committed through the weekend) but I think everyone picking their own day means we get to cheer several days a week!

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Sounds good. I lost 4 stone 5lb and reached goal August last year, getting my gold card membership.
Since then we have had Christams, visitors, and I've been back to eating wheat. So I've gone from 9st 2lb to 10st 9lb. It's not good, and I don't feel good. I'm a natural-born foodaholic, which means I'm a greedy pig, left to myself. And I don't want to go back to WW cos I feel ashamed of myself. So I'd be very happy to join up, Lady S :D
Er.. weighing... I weigh every day; if I didn't I'd weigh even more. :oops: But I'm ok for a Monday 'official' weigh-in. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

What a good idea Laura, I'm currently dieting as I'm doing the race for life in the summer with my sister, I'm 3 months in and going it alone, I was 11 stone and am currently 9st 10lb I would like to lose another half stone if I can!
I'm eating normally for 5 days then on the other 2 days I eat about 500 calories the idea being that I kickstart my metabolism each time I eat normally, I'll report in on Mondays too.

Good Luck everyone :x:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Sounds greats everyone! We can also use this topic to vent when we wish we were eating. :lol:

And also to keep score of small victories, etc.

So feel free to "visit" more often than weekly. :wink:

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

Great idea, I just joined slimming world supposedly to support my daughter but really coz I know I need to lose loads as well, anyway my weigh in day is a monday so that would be great.
Does anyone else do what I know lots of our ladies (me included) do i.e. weigh in then go home and have bad stuff starting afresh the next morning? I rushed home this week after having lost a 1.5 pounds and ate 2 cadbury cream eggs!
Anyway good luck everyone wishing us all motivation, success and slimmer healthier bodies :)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

I've done that after reaching a midway goal, like 10% or one pant size. I can't do that anymore 'cus one bad thing leads to another and then, before I know it, I'm off the diet completely and don't bother weighing myself again.

I had a perfect diet day yesterday. I exercised morning and afternoon, and had 1 point left over from my daily points (btw, I set up my WW to not use my exercise points for substitution and I also avoid using my weekly points, unless I have a dinner party or something, so if it's a regular week of eating at home those stay untouched).

My mom and my brother in Brasil are also dieting (not WW) so we said we'd be a "starving" family together over Skype, so it's nice to have support from there as well.

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Lozze

Post by Lozze »

I don't do WW but her e been doing Jenny Craig for a couple of years. I've lost 40kg/88lbs but still have another 30kg to lose. I've REALLY struggled this year for motivation and really need to get back onto it.
WIP

Winnie the Pooh birth sampler - finished bar name and backstitching
'Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love' Disney Dreams Collections
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Lulu22 wrote:What a good idea Laura, I'm currently dieting as I'm doing the race for life in the summer with my sister, I'm 3 months in and going it alone, I was 11 stone and am currently 9st 10lb I would like to lose another half stone if I can!
I'm eating normally for 5 days then on the other 2 days I eat about 500 calories the idea being that I kickstart my metabolism each time I eat normally, I'll report in on Mondays too.

Good Luck everyone :x:
Oh, you are on the FAST diet! :) Doesn't work for me cos I stuff like a pig on 'normal' days :oops:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Does it have to be WW? I'm trying to lose weight by myself using a nifty calorie app on my phone....I only started yesterday too.

I had a good day Monday....had 103 calories left of my allowance :dance:
Today not so good....went over by 86....thats what you get when your lovely hubby cooks dinner! :roll:

I would dearly love to lose about 17lbs....my clothes are getting tight again :cry:

My biggest temptations are at work....there are always I mean ALWAYS biscuits, sweets and cakes lying around in the staff room....if they are on the table they are for all staff....and then I get teachers buying me sausage sarnies and choccys :doh: I have been strong for two days but I know that if I lapse it will be at work.
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Right. This is going to be my Day One.
Just weighed in. 12st 10.5lb :oops:
I'm going to do the 'old' WW and write it all down in a diary.
Allowing 22 Points per day.
Just had a bowl of porridge made with water (2 Pts), smallish banana (1.5 Pts) and my daily pint of milk is 2 Pts.
5.5 Pts down, 16.5 Pts left.
My goal is to get back down to the 10 stone I was when I got to my Gold weight 4 years ago.
I'll weigh in every Wednesday.
Wish me luck :shamrock:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

I don't do weight watchers but I'd love to be a supportive person in the mix :wink: Currently I am in a fitness challenge at the dojo.. Since we started I've lost 10.25% of my weight.. which is 12 lbs! I'm only .30% away from winning first place!!!! :shock:
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Nacho, it doesn't have to be Weight Watchers. Anyone and everyone and fitness/health/diet goals are welcome. The idea is just the support we can give each other (like we do with our stitching), and the accountability that sharing how our diets are going will keep us on track!

Fljotls, I don't think I could do that either. I'd end up eating burgers and pizza on the normal days to "compensate" for the salads on the 500 calorie days. :lol:

Faith, you can do it! That's so awesome that you're doing so well in the challenge!

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
mechie

Post by mechie »

This is a great idea!

I did WW when Big One was a baby. I lost about 40lbs and made Lifetime just in time to find out I was expecting Little One. :D I never went back after Little One was born (and she's almost 3 now). I need to loose about 15lbs to get back down to where I was before she was born.

I've lost the habit of tracking points and don't get as much exercise as I should, so maybe this will get me motivated to start keeping track again. I've just had a hard time doing it all now that I have 2 kiddos to chase after instead of just one....

mechie
WIP:
The Elementals (HAED) - Finished 9/42 Pages
Fall Fairy (Dimensions Gold) - Finished 4/4 Pages only backstitch left!
Springtime Roses Freebie (Chatelaine)
The Encounter - Finished 3/24 Pages (HAED)
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

I've got like 60lbs to lose so I'll be here cheering everyone for a long time. :lol:

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Ahhh but the more you have to lose the quicker it comes off initially!

My hubby lost about 42 pounds in about 3 months!! Now he has kind of plateaued and I think he will have to make an extra effort to shift the other 28 pounds or so that he needs to lose.....hopefully yours will fall off just as fast Laura!

Been good today so far I have got 700 calories left for dinner and I have done 30 mins of yoga so I feel super stretchy now :D

Anyone who has an android phone that fancies yoga...there is a great free app called Daily Yoga....it has loads of different sessions and programs you can download for free.....I'm using the beginner ones and they are great.......and best of all you can do it in your home without fear of people thinking....."tee hee she's not very bendy" :D All the better to tone you with my dears!! :wink:
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon