need help and advice please

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

suehoward59

need help and advice please

Post by suehoward59 »

:P :P Hi all, i have just had some good news from my friend has her daughter in law has had a little girl this morning and she would love me too do a sampler for her for the nursery. I said i would as i have some threads and some aida in 14 count but i dont have the ideas or know how to make up a design please can anybody out ther help me as i am at a loss now and would love to get it started for her. i have all the details i need but not the no how. :oops: :oops: Thanks all
Sue

Tell your loved ones you love them you never know what is round the corner

http://www.freewebs.com/suziebear59/" target="_blank
mags

Post by mags »

Well you need either some software, or plenty of graph paper, a nice alphabet, some sort of picture, perhaps a border, oh dear where to start.
I would be happy to help.

But, first establish that the baby's mother actually wants it (!) and does she have any preferences picture wise, colour wise etc. etc.

I would say that I did one for my brother's stepdaughter - at her request - she wanted Pooh so I adapted a design to suit, did all the design work, etc, etc, then she had two more babies :shock: so I had to do for them also. I never got a thank you for the third one :evil:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

If it has to be fairly quick you could choose a pretty but simple alphabet and do the baby's name and date of birth with perhaps a teddybear or sth like that next to it, or even some small designs like safety pins, letter blocks, dummies (pacifiers?) etc. scattered around the name.

Good advice to find out what the nursery looks like -- if it's all pinks and pastels you need a different design (or at least colour scheme) than if it's bright yellows and oranges :-)
suehoward59

Post by suehoward59 »

thanks Mags, i have cross stitch software but not sure how to ue it so i will have to get cracking i think. if not will revert to graph paper. will get back in touch if i have any probs and let you see what happens . ta sue xx

Tell your loved ones you love them you never know what is round the corner

http://www.freewebs.com/suziebear59/" target="_blank