What is it about needles?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Angel

What is it about needles?

Post by Angel »

So I've lost ANOTHER one, where do they all go? Please tell me I'm not the only one who goes through needles at a rate of knots?

And what is my fascination with eating needles? If there's no thread on my needle it'll end up in my mouth while I do something on the computers for work or on the forums. I've even wandered around the house using my needle like a stick of gum! I swear I should not be allowed needles. Reckon it'll hurt if I swallow a blunt needle? :shock:

And on a side note 400 posts ^_^ :dance:
Rose

Post by Rose »

I don't know I have lost a few but I tend to find them before I continue as I am afraid they may end up in a foot or the back of a leg. There is another thread on here about the horror stories that go with finding lost needles.

I would be very careful swallowing a needle could lead to a very painful surgery if it were to puncture something internal.

You only get a cookie for the 400 the party is when you hit 1000. :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Angel

Post by Angel »

ooooh nooooo no horror stories for me, I'll get paranoid! My boss usually finds my needles when I loose them at work. He's not told me off yet so I'm assuming no horror stories are involved. But I'll always find one on the white pannel at the back of the desks. And these desks are large, so I always keep my stuff so far forewards I know I've not accidently put it there :P

Hmmmm I don't like surgery. You go in for one thing and come out with something worse! Like cancer or batons disease or...or...other scary stuff. *is now completly convinced of this* I should probably stop eating my needles *absently pops another one in her mouth*

don't wanna party. Wanna cookie! *munches happily*
Becca

Post by Becca »

Lol i've never actually lost a needle, mine stays firmly in my hand or in the fabric
Click the banner above to visit us at Crafts 'n' Creatures!

And my blog which is full of all my stitching
mags

Post by mags »

After the last time I lost a needle and never found it :shock: I'm now always careful what I do with them :?

Well done on reaching cookie stage :lol:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Seeing as how it's you, Angel, we might make an exception and award a cupcake :cake: for 500. That ought to keep you going... :lol:
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

When i lose a needle i always manage to find it sooner or later, last nite mine when walk about and as i was looking for another i noticed it on the floor miles away from where i keep my stitchin lol.

I think it will be very wise to stop trying to eat ur needles to. Congrats on reaching 400 post to.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Do be careful of those needles in the mouth. Rose is right it is very serious if you swallow one.
:cry:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I have lost 5 in the last month. I keep loosing them and not finding them.
Linda
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

ive never lost one either..it always either has floss in it or on my fabric..

and with it in your mouth? i'd never dare..i'd be afraid i'd swallow it! i'm sure i would too!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Mine did a perfect triple somersault last night, I thought I had lost it but it was slithering down the side of my jumper towards the dreaded 'down the side of the chair' I do believe there may be enough of them to breed down there now :shock:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

So you may never have to buy another needle ever again, Jilly! :lol:
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

With any luck they will produce the perfect needle, slightly pointed end, eye just wide enough to thread easily, smooth as silk inside the eye to avoid thread wear, and very hard to break :lol:
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

There are stories about the old lacemakers that always held their pins between their lips. Supposedly they all developed little pin prick holes in their front teeth due to it.

There is also the story my lace teacher's mother tells about a class she was in with a famous teacher. Apparently the teacher spied a woman with pins between her lips and thinking to teach the woman a lesson about the dangers of doing that she came up behind the woman and smacked her across the mouth.........much to the teacher's surprise the points were facing outward and all stuck in the teachers hand! Served her right as far as I'm concerned. There are safer ways to remind someone of the danger.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

oh man! she wanted her to swallow pins?!? evil teacher deserved that!
i try to never put my needle in the mouth....
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is just mean and dangerous she got what she deserved. As a teacher you find little rythms or something to remind, you don't get nasty.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Angel

Post by Angel »

LMAO! Oh that's soooo evil! She so deserved to get stabbed with needles! I don't generally have the needles sticking out of my mouth, they're generally IN my mouth, with my lips closed :P

I can loose needles even with floss in them. I had my sewing at my grammas, and you guys know the red in my egyptian design? Had a length of that still in the needle and it's still got itself lost!

I almost lost another one in bed too. My bed is sooo comfy, much comfier than my sofa (and less eaten by bunnies), and my needle just jumped right out of my hands! I found that one though. Put it in my mouth for safe keeping whilest I cut some more thread.... :doh:

Oooh Angel gets a cupcake at 500? YAY
PaulaH

Post by PaulaH »

I bought a mini 'ort' bag with a pin cushion from Jayne's Attic a couple of years ago and that's stopped me forgetting where my needles are - I do find the odd one down the side of the sofa but now we haven't got a cat anymore it's not so bad - I've had to rescue more than one need from her in the past, she was a little madam but I miss her :cry:

Paula xx
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I had the problem this weekend that my keeshond was laying behind my chair while I was making lace and the occasional pin would fly off the table, landing on her and I'd have to try to find a silver pin in a silver dog! :lol:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Did you use magnets?