i got an idea......

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Yes, perhaps the post-as-you-finish is much the best way, being stress-free so it stays fun! (Also it means I won't feel pressurised to take my stitching to the Fair and walk around there wielding my needle :-))
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

dreaming of stitching?? sounds like me..lol

so ok we are agreed.. post when you are done and when everyone is..i'll draw numbers from a hat and pair everyone up! cool..i may do another one today.they are so fun and fast!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Angel

Post by Angel »

I'd like to try this. I think I get it now. Mine may take me a little while to complete though as it's my grammas funeral on Friday and then on Monday I'm going down to Hartfordshire for a week. I'll probably take this to do on the four hour coach trip into London though. Should be long enough to make it all pretty. Now just to design what I want to do...

1. Wendy (coffee_freak_ - DONE
2. Rose
3.Benceagi
4. Jilly
5. Alyson/lacemaker2004
6. Mabel Figworthy
7. Jayms_Fallen_Angel
mags

Post by mags »

Ok I've got to join in as it seems the stress has been taken out and I can get it done before I'm committed to sending it out :D

1. Wendy (coffee_freak_ - DONE
2. Rose
3.Benceagi
4. Jilly
5. Alyson/lacemaker2004
6. Mabel Figworthy
7. Jayms_Fallen_Angel
8. mags
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Rose

Post by Rose »

Are we suppose to put up a picture when we have finished? or is this to be a suprise exchange. I started mine tonight after a quick design I made up. It will be a couple days though.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Mabel Figworthy

Nearly finished the stitching but the finishing will have to wait till Sunday. Yes, do we post pictures? Or is it to be a lucky dip :-)

Don't know about you all but I'd rather like to see all of them, no matter which one I end up with -- it'll be so interesting to see what everyone has done with it!
agi

Post by agi »

I finished one but it hasn't come out right.
It happened to me before once when I was designing the "Home is where the heart is" sampler for my friend. The problem is, when I draw in PCStitch, it looks OK, but when I stitch it, the proportions are not right. The letters became too big for the piece, and kind of kill the whole.

Have you ever experienced similar problem? Is there something I should know?

I have made 3 or 4 designs, so I am trying out another one tonight, but it's so annoying. :cry:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Mabel Figworthy

Poor Agi -- how annoying for it to come out wrong! *commiserating hug*

Yes, I've had that, something looks great on paper and when you've stitched it somehow it doesn't quite work; not sure I'd be the one to tell you what to do about it as I get it wrong myself sometimes! Although with me it tends to be the colours not coming out as I intended (the little sampler I'm doing has turned out rather darker than I thought, though fortunately it still looks nice :-)).

Have you tried printing the design/chart at the size of the actual finished piece? That might give you a better idea of the proportions than the larger chart you work from.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i have never had luck w/ those programs..

and yes, i think we should post pics...
we can check out all our artwork..
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Rose

Post by Rose »

I think the designing is a bit of trial and error. Have you tried using the virtual stitch part of the program. I do that sometimes and the changes come to me at that time. I did it quite a bit when designing the edges of my current project for my son. I wanted to see how the colors worked together. Some changes became quite clear when I switched to the virtual stitch mode. Other then that, don't feel like you are the only one some of my efforts have not stitched the way they looked on the program.

Ok so when I have finished I will post a picture I hope it works. The finishing has me a bit concerned but I will muddle through. Those of you that have finished, how did you do it? Did you just fold back the edges or did you cut them or what. I am thinking as I stitch and I am not sure what to do. Did you glue the card back on or what? What type of things did you put on the card?

Size
Designer
Why you choose that design
Date
?????????
What kind of info is on a ATC Card. Sorry for all the questions but I am curious what others are thinking of putting on the back of the card.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

ohh i was thinking of just:

your board name
real name
and city,country..etc

but i suppose any info is ok..

as long as we know who it's from..board name/real name...
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
mags

Post by mags »

Well, so much for not giving myself any stress over this :lol:

Having signed up yesterday, I couldn't sleep last night for planning in my head what I was going to do and how I was going to do it. Apparently when I did sleep I was tossing and turning and (shhh) snoring :shock:

Anyway, having coming up with a design (not totally my own work but played around a bit) I now discover that I threw out all those lovely bits of cardboard that 'will be useful for something' when I had to clear out my craft room during the plumbing incident :(

I'm sure I can find a bit somewhere but a thought occurred - do we have to put card in, I mean can it just be fabric, obviously finished off properly, and with name details stitched onto the back. Any thoughts anyone ?
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Angel

Post by Angel »

I hope the design doesn't have to be 100% origional, I've been stealing ideas from my stash of magazines :P I will adapt it to be my own work obviously.

I don't know how to finish either so I shall watch this space *nod nod* Thankfully, I do have a lot of blank cards in my cardmaking stash though so s'all good.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I admit that I'm not going to be a designer orginal. I'm looking at bits of other pieces. :oops:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Mine will have a bunny in it!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Mag I think that finishing is as free as the design. If you want to just stitch the information then we are all sure to appreciate what you have done. The card for me was just the easiest. And no pressure from us we are all very patient.

:oops: Although I have to admit I came home early from work because I lost my patients with my hubby. That is totally different though???Right??? :x
Angel

Post by Angel »

Of course! It's easy to loose patience with me. ^_^
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

totally different....... :lol:
Angel

Post by Angel »

ummm I meant men...of course it's easy to loose patience with me too, but that's an entirely different story :P
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Men....patiences?....I don't understand........