Celebrating with Snoopy

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Jilly

Celebrating with Snoopy

Post by Jilly »

I thought I would get Snoopy to help celebrate 1000 posts.

You people are so great to have around, if I have a bad day a little time on here takes my mind off things.
The stitching is one thing, but the friendship is just something else.
Thank you x
Now lets all dance the Snoopy Happy Dance :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I'm bouncing right along with the Snoop! Congratulations on your 1000 posts! The more the merrier! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: :puppy: :puppy:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Congratulations Jilly. I'm following on behind - how long can we make the line?

:dance: :dance: :dance:
mags

Post by mags »

Oh I missed it, I've been out today - you have all been chattering away :lol:

Also the line dropped while I've been reading up - and all the stars disappeared so I've probably missed a lot :(

Well done Jilly :applesauce: :dance: :applesauce: :dance: :applesauce:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
agi

Post by agi »

Congratulations, Jilly! Well done!
I think a lot of us agree with you about the beneficial effects of this forum :lol: :lol:
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Congratulations Jilly!!! Now we know who the real chatterboxes are!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :wink:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

:oops: :oops: :lol:
Rose

Post by Rose »

Woo Whoo another one makes the grade. Congratulations you little chatterbox you. You have made this site a fabulous place to come on to.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Congratulations Jilly! And I can do nothing but agree with you about the friendships and the support of this great group of people. I was so happy to find this board where everyone is so suportive, positive, has a sense of humor and willing to support differnt opinons. I've left another stitching forum because everyone was less than supportive and completely critical of the designers work. I don't remember ever seeing anything other than good natured teasing at the roughest.

Add to this that I some how started off a less than supportive spew from another poster on a cooking website....to the point where the one individual has gotten personal because I differ in opinion. I say all this only because all i could think during her snide comments was this would never happen here. We may have different approaches but everyone learns and teaches.

So Ladies and Gentlemen stitchers......thank you for being my support, my teachers, my coaches and my friends.
Alyson
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

congrats!!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Well done Jillly, another club member. :sun:
Linda
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Thank you :D
I know what you mean about nastiness on forums, when I was trying to find out if I was allowed to use the dancing snoopy, I came across a forum where a guy using a snoopy image, was trying to point out to someone that he could not use some images for advertising his product, the guy took exception to being told and launched a scathing attack on him.
Last spring I joined the Springwatch forum, you would think it would be like minded people enjoying chatting about Birds and the like, :shock: Heaven help you if you even suggested you quite like Cats, let alone owned one, you could feel the barrage of cans hurtling your way :lol:
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Yes, this is the nicest forum I've ever been on. I feel comfy on here already and I've only been a member for about a month.
Lovely to meet people who want to help and encourage.
:D
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Congrats Jilly!!

Yes I agree about this Forum!

We are all friends here, through thick and thin. We can laugh, encourage, moan and weep. There is always someone here who can help us get through the day and we all feel better for it at the end!!

LONG LIVE THE FORUM!!

:D 8) :lol: :wink: :king: :wub: :bunny: :alex: :puppy: :whistle: :wave: :wavesback: :snowman: :icecream: :happybirthday: :rose:
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Congrats Jilly :applesauce: you chatterbox :lol:
look I am only at 500+ :lol: :lol:
Rose

Post by Rose »

I know what you mean about the forums, that are there it seems only to critisize and hurt. My husband has been on a couple that address information about our work(air racing and motor building) there are people that go on there and ask a question or make a comment only to critisize. Just 2 days ago a poster went on and made a direct attack on the abilities of our work. He came right out and said we don't know anything and we should accept that we never will. He also made a personal attack on DH's character. This from some one we have never meet and do not know. He did not sign his name or anything. It really upset DH and me. Why would you go to a site just to attack some one and hide in the shadows while doing it. My husband had me read it and the first thing I thought was this would never happen on our forum. The stitchers would just be offended and ask that individual not to come back. (Sorry to have ranted it just hit a nerve)

So yes we are a friendly lot and I am happy to say I know you all and appreciate this site for what it is. A peaceful site with good friends and good feelings.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Ah Rose, having felt the sting I feel for you and your husband. I don't understand it. I'm here to learn and share. Though one thing I've learned, sometimes what I view as my joy others view as themselves and get nasty. The one thing (I've learned from wonderful politics at work) is back off and you look the better......not the weak. It's so sad when there is so much to learn from others why avoid.....or be nasty......it.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Well done Jilly! And for a moment there I thought you were talking about my dog, also named snoopy >_< Man I'm a ditz! Next goal 5,000?
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

:lol: Give me a couple of weeks Angel :lol:
Angel

Post by Angel »

Want me to time you? ^_^