boohoo

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mauveme

boohoo

Post by mauveme »

Oh dear, I got a bad hair cut yesterday. Soooooo short. I look like a chubby ConanO'Brien(short sides and back and puffy on top) :cry: If I had not thrown out my wig, I would be wearing right now. :evil: Any one got a majic potion to grow hair???? Will pay anything :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yes: wash and dry carefully when necessary... and wait six weeks. You will see an amazing improvement. (No charge!)

I get my hair cut about every, oh, four years. It's long and dark (tho going grey now) and very, very straight. It laughs in the face of perm lotion. I have long since given up.
Last edited by Serinde on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

Don't look at me, I'm as hairless as an eightball!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
mags

Post by mags »

Oh dear, Linda - I too hate it when my hair gets cut too short - I hate going to the hairdresser :?

Never mind, it WILL grow.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

I have loads to spare! It's strawberry blonde (with a few white ones creepin in now :lol: ) and VERY curly. You are welcome to it, but I'll warn you, it takes some serious handling to beat it into something less wild than Medusa.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I stopped going to a hairdresser and started cutting it myself as it's next to impossible to find anyone who can handle hair this naturally curly.
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i'll send you all my grey hairs..lol..wait..that would leave me pretty much bald...
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

You can have my floppy fringe!! There aren't too many grey highlights in it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

If I could figure out how, I would donate some of Son-at-Home's auburn wavy tresses! :lol:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I have red hair and any redhead I have seen has thick hair. but noooooo, not me. I have female pattern baldness, slightly. Got that from my nana. So the front is very thin.. The worst of it is my best friend is a natural blonde (dont care for blond anyway, but thats just me) and has the thickest ,longest ,straigntest hair I have ever seen. It's past her "butt" :shock: . She said she will leave me her hair folicles in her will, I told her not to put that in writing or she will be looking over her shoulder for a while :lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Poor Linda! The good news is it isn't permenant. My only suggest is let it go it's way. I cut mine into layers a few months ago and can't be happier. I have fought my somewhat curly hair for years and now I just add some gel and let it do it's own thing.
Rose

Post by Rose »

OH Linda I can completely understand I have just gone through the same thing. I went in and told them just to TRIM the ends as they were starting to split and made it hard to control. I ended up with about half of what I went in with. I have very thick hair but I came out looking as if I was going to boot camp. The only thing she left too long was my bangs and I had asked her to cut them shorter twice. Why don't they listen to what you tell them. I won't be going back.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

This has happened to me too in the past. But time is a great healer and it will improve over the weeks, Linda - promise!

I had highlights put into my hair yesterday. I'm a natural redhead, but over the years my hair has darkened to a reddish-brown with grey. :cry: I've never had anything done to it, apart from cutting, so it was a big thing for me. It's now lighter and brighter and suits my greying face much better. :roll:
DaisyLady

Post by DaisyLady »

Can't offer you any adivse on making hair grow quicker but wait a few days and see if you get used to it -

I've had a few run-in's with hairdressers and now only let me mum cut my hair (she is a hairdresser) means I have to wait slightly longer between cuts than I would like as I don't get to see her very often but at least she does what I ask (most of the time anyway!)

Nic
whiskers12

Post by whiskers12 »

You can always invest in a lovely audrey hepburn style hat???
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I really do feel for you mauveme, It sounds mad, but it may be better to thin out the top to even the style out more, balance is half the battle with hair style, but if you do, try a gifted friend rather than the same hairdresser so you can tell THEM what to cut.
If you want to leave it as it is, wash it lots, it doesn't make it grow any faster, but it helps to settle it down.
Jilly
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I once read someplace that you should pick a hair dresser based on their hairstyle and I would say the general aura of the salon.

I've been very fortunate in being with Sharon, my stylist, for almost 20 years. She knows me, my hair and what I've willing to do to make it go....which generally isn't much past the morning ritual. She'll push me to do something new but also listen and ask questions about new styles or colors we try....not that any of those are too out there. I'm pretty much solid grey but have an appointment with a little brown bottle every 3 weeks. We started highlighting a few years ago based on her suggestion that as we get older we need to get a bit lighter. And she's more than right.
hada56

Post by hada56 »

the joys of hairdressers from hell.. :lol:
I'm still bouncing from one to another, still can't find one who can actually cut my hair decently, but then that's me.
I don't colour my hair. I did some yeas ago, but it's such a hassle, expensive, and in the end, it pollutes the Earth.
anyway, my DD swears that if you add a crushed birth-control pill to your shampoo, it makes it grow faster. I haven't tried it, yet, but, hey, it's worth a try. Can't hurt... :wink:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I changed hairdressers cause for the second Christmas in a row she had a "family emergency", AND, they lied about calling to cancel, both times. So a new salon opened in the mall. Looked great,, but .......

Oh well, I have finally reached acceptance and will just have to wait till it grows. It will grow againn wont it :shock::???????????? :cry:
Linda
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

O course it will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You could always wear a hat! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Eat Jello or gelatin squares. Great for hair and nails too! :D :D :D
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)