any dog lovers out there

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

inuyashagirl

any dog lovers out there

Post by inuyashagirl »

Hi Everyone

I thought I would start this topic to help us dog lovers out there. We have the cat lover topic so why not the dog lovers topic. I am the proud pet parent of 10 dogs!!!! i have 7 pugs, rott/chow mix, shep/husky mix and a border collie mix. i must also admit that i also have 5 cats 3 birds and 1 rabbit. So is there any one else there that are dog lovers please tell me i am not alone

Debbie
catkin

Post by catkin »

:D I love anything furry and I have a dog as well as my 3 house cats and several strays which I feed outside. Our dog is just over 2 and called Pixel. He was rescued with his 4 sisters from a building site by next door and when I saw him it was LAFS. He's a soft lump and terrified of everything but has a great bark which is good enough to scare away unwanted visitors. He won't go out to walk untill dark as he thinks everythings out to get him. He sleeps in the bed with us not at the bottom but inbetween so we have about an inch of bed each and he has the rest :lol: I'm going to put some pics in my gallery.
Joan
tab72

Post by tab72 »

I also love dogs, i have 2 a cocker spaniel called sam and bonnie who is crossed with an alsation and a king charles spaniel. sam is coming up to be 13 in october and bonnie has just turned 6. I also have 2 guine pigs called spike and stripe i am a very big lover of animals i used to have rabbits, a mouse and hamsters oh and i must not forget my boys have a gold fish as well if i could i would have more but i'm not allowed..
tracey. :lol:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

We have had a succession of black labradors and golden retrievers. Our current Lab is now coming up to 13, and is deaf and slobbery. (Stinky goes with labrador territory.) We all love him to bits and, although he is also brain-damaged -- really! -- he is a perfect gentleman and loves his walks. Still thinks he's two. (Also typical of the breed.)

Of course, we've also had a cat. Our too-many-toed 'designer' feline was from Pitkierie farm, for those of you familiar with the Kingdom of Fife. Lived to 16. My ambition is to have a pair of seal-point siamese again.
welsh wendy

any dog lovers out there

Post by welsh wendy »

I used to have an Alsatian but unfortunately I lost her to stomach cancer, I would dearly love to have another but we need to find a bigger place first.
catkin

Post by catkin »

Just added some pics of my babies to my gallery

Joan
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

welsh wendy and any one else i have afew alstatian patterns
( we call them here in Canada German Shepards) that a friend made for me in her pattern program if you would like me to pass them on to you just pm me with your email address and i will send them on to you some of them ae really wonderful

Debbie
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

This is great i can't believe i am not alone with all my animals but personally i would never change having them around me even though they sometime do interfer with the stitching. i has one dog afew years back that stole my project and decided to use it as a play toy boy was i made at myself for leaving it around. i was totally destroyed but i kept it as a reminder and know when i look at it i smile because it brings back memories of him

Debbie
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Just to add, I used to have a dog, she died a few years ago now. She was a yorkshire cross maltese, lovely little thing. Ive never seen a dog like her since.

Im personnally into little pets, I couldnt cope with a big dog. Plus my house is very tiny, so it wouldnt be fair to have anything of any size.

Overall, I think Im a cat person. But I have owned both, and at the same time :)
mauveme

dogs

Post by mauveme »

I love dogs. I used to have show standard poodles but my lat girl died a few years ago and now I am in an apt that doesnt allow dogs. My best friend breeds and shows her pomeranians. I am also a semi retired dog groomer. Ya gotta love dogs to do that let me tell you. My back is bad I have arthritis in both shoulders and my neck and my hands arnt in very good shape, all to do with grooming, but I just love dogs, the bigger the better. And I still groom a few days a month. Must be nuts. Linda
Linda
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

linda

i sent you a pm so i hope to hear from you

Debbie
mauveme

dogs

Post by mauveme »

Hi Debbi--If yu ment me I didnt get it Linda
Linda
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

I love dogs. I have a poodle, well it's my brother's dog. but dog is here at home, and my bortehr isn' it.

It is so funny and so warm, it' 1 and 1/2 year and it's so cutie. :D

It learns a lot of words.

But at street it's terrible with other dogs!! It's a pain... :roll:

See you :wink:
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

One day I hope to have a dog, but it wouldn't be fair at the moment. As we live in a tiny house with a tiny garden, I just couldn't bear to do it. With the cat it's OK, as he wanders for yonks (and bring me back "lovely" pressies!) and then comes in to sleep at night (and during the day if it's raining!). If I ever move to the counrty side, with a proper garden, I'd love to get a dog, as it then wouldn't be just restricted to "walkies" time, but would have fun outside by himself too.
Becca

Post by Becca »

I like dogs, i don't think i could ever be so mean as to make my cat put up with one though.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The dog soon learns who's boss. :lol:
welsh wendy

any dog lovers out there

Post by welsh wendy »

One of my cats Geronimo was brought up by the Alsatian from very early on and now it loves dogs.

The problem was that the cat would sit on the table and actually bark at the birds. Or as close to a bark that a cat can make. Not joking it realy did.
catkin

Post by catkin »

Only 1 of my cats doesn't like the dog but he puts up with him at a distance and the dog knows what will happen if he gets too close. The other 2 love the dog and like to get groomed by him
Joan
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

StitchingAgain, my dog is medium size, so it's confortable at home. and we go some days to the river, it's near home, and there she can run and we play with a ball.

I think it's better a garden at home, but... we live in 5th floor, and she cames with my brother and we cannot say "no, go away" In fact, my mum never wants pets, because of this thing. She thinks pets needs their own space to run, and no live in citys.

See you! :wink:
Becca

Post by Becca »

Serinde wrote:The dog soon learns who's boss. :lol:
I don't know about that, my cat might be the boss of the family but he's a real scaredy cat around strangers