My Hands Have Been Bothering Me Lately!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Stitchindude

My Hands Have Been Bothering Me Lately!

Post by Stitchindude »

I know you are all wondering why I haven't posted any new completed work in my gallery. To tell you the truth my hands have been hurting me a lot lately and I have trouble holding the stitching needle for very long. The typing on the computer is not too bad on my hands. I have arthritis in both hands and my hips and knees. and especially now that the weather is a bit chilly I really feel it. So just in case you were all wondering I just wanted to let you all know.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :ribbit: :frog:
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Poor you Dude!

My assistant at work has the same thing, she sometimes has to wear a special support brace for her hand. We even got special computer equipment installed for her to minimize the stress on her hands.

Hope it gets better soon!
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i hope you find relief!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
mags

Post by mags »

Sorry to hear that Dude - it must be very frustrating for you. :(

I have fibromyalgia and get problems with my hands too - early last year I went through a few months of not being able to hold a needle.

Let's look forward to summer when the warmer weather might help you.
agi

Post by agi »

Oh,, poor you! I hope you get somewhat better soon.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I feelyour pain Dude. This damp weather is not helping my arthritis either. I have been having trouble with my wrists lately. Can't hold anything heavy. I have been looking for the new wrist bandages that are like the back ones. Can't remember the name but they get warm.
Linda
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I hope your hands improve soon Dude :(
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, that's really rotten. You might have aggravated the condition slightly with all your handy-man work in Hawaii, but hopefully it will settle down. DH also has problems; can practically tell the weather! I'm sure you are more than aware of all the rubs and medication. Never fear: spring is coming (our daffs are about an inch up, and I saw my first snowdrop last week).
Rose

Post by Rose »

I know what you mean when the air pressure changes my knee just aches. I am sure you have tried everything to help but just the other day said alfalfa supplements help lubricate the joins and relieve arthritis. Can't hurt to try if you haven't already. Lets cross our fingures for some warmer weather for you.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Sympathy sympathy, Dude. I know how you feel! I have a recurrent problem with my left wrist (from nursing and horse-riding) so holding the material and knitting can be painful.
That lovely snow you had in Atlanta was not good for you then. Roll on Summer!! We shall look forward to our (virtual) parties under the Magnolia tree again. :D
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

Sympathy from me too, Dude. I have arthritic knees and they hate the cold weather. I take Glucosamine every day. Don't know if it really helps, but it feels as though I'm doing something! Roll on Spring! :D