Aida or evenweave

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

welsh wendy

Aida or evenweave

Post by welsh wendy »

Hello friends :)

I started stitching on aida like I am sure we all did but then found a kit of Bluetits and that was on evenweave. I thought at first that I would never be able to do it but I did and since I have found it very hard to go back to working on Aida unless it is 16/18hpi as the finish is so much better.

How about you all out there have you also had the same. :?:
carriel1975

Post by carriel1975 »

I love evenweave, but I still use aida for designs with beads, I like the stiffness of the fabric for beading.
catkin

Post by catkin »

:) I was a bit worried about using evenweave but tried it with a few cards and am just about finished a sampler which hopefully will soon be framed and in my gallery. I really like the result with evenweave and for a special project its the best. Not too great with metalics though and this project has quite a lot of gold and I've had real problems with it.

On a different note,I know you do alot of florals and I'm looking for something special for my parents Golden wedding next year. Don't want to do a 50th sampler. I would rather do a floral bouquet or something. Have seen a few on the web that I like but wondered if you had done or seen anything nice.
Joan
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Aida! Absolutely! i have stitched a few things on evenweave, but I constantly miscount the threads in the fabric, and end up with more unpicking than stitching! lol!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I mostly use Aida for cross-stitch, but I love using evenweaves when I get the chance, especially with hardanger.
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Tend to use both. Evenweave or linen for large projects and aida for little ones.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

hi catkin

Go to this web site www.mysticstitch.com and they have beautiful patterns and they even have two free patterns of bouquets
There site is fantastic
Debbie