TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 10/07/11

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 29/06/11

Post by rcperryls »

one more for me. that makes 3 together.

Can't imagine why vampires and werewolves don't like each other. Maybe its because they have similar prey???

I am going to have to read/listen to the first book since I don't get HBO and that is where the tv show is, I think. :thinks:

Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

got one yesterday but none today so up to 2 now :)
XandraS...
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

Up to 3 today. :)
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
kell

Post by kell »

Since I can't stitch at the moment, I've been having fun today sorting out stuff for the prize... :)
kell

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 30/06/11

Post by kell »

9. Hoyt Fortenberry
25. Merlotte’s Bar

Hoyt Fortenberry is Jason Stackhouse’s childhood friend 9although they have practically nothing in common!), and one of the few that Sookie actually likes as she never hears him thinking anything nasty about anyone, no matter what. He’s an all-round good guy and a trustworthy friend. He’s played by Jim Parrack in the TV show.

Merlotte’s Bar is a bar/diner in Bon Temps. It’s owned by Sam Merlotte and several regular characters work there, including Sookie Stackhouse herself. Most of Bon Temps hangs out there.
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

none again today, still on 2
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

another 1 so I'm up to 4

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kell

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 01/07/11

Post by kell »

6. Tara Thornton
29. Living Dead in Dallas

Tara Thornton has only a very small role in the books, although she’s a friend of Sookie’s. In the books, she runs a clothing store called Tara’s Togs, but in the TV show, she works in Merlotte’s and is far more antagonistic that the on-page version! She’s played by Rutina Wesley in the TV show.

Living Dead in Dallas is the second book in the series
Cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse is having a streak of bad luck. First her co-worker is killed, and no one seems to care. Then she comes face-to-face with a beastly creature which gives her a painful and poisonous lashing. Enter the vampires, who graciously suck the poison from her veins (like they didn't enjoy it). The point is: they saved her life. So when one of the bloodsuckers asks for a favour, she obliges - and soon Sookie's in Dallas, using her telepathic skills to search for a missing vampire. She's supposed to interview certain humans involved, but she makes one condition: the vampires must promise to behave, and let the humans go unharmed. But that's easier said than done, and all it takes is one delicious blonde and one small mistake for things to turn deadly...
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Still on 2 unfortunately
XandraS...
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Still on 4. I was getting used to 1 a day.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Still on 2 as well.
kell

Re: TRUE BLOOD BINGO - NUMBERS UP FOR 02/07/11

Post by kell »

13. Pam Ravenscroft
39. Vampires

Pam Ravenscroft (Pamela Swynford De Beaufort in the TV show - don't know why hey changed her name!) is a vampire and Eric Northman’s second in command. She’s very much a twin-set and pearls kind of dresser in the books, but is more “vampish” in the TV show, where she is portrayed as being far more sexy. She and Sookie have a tentative relationship that can’t quite be called friendship, but can’t quite be called anything else either. She’s played by Kristin Bauer van Straten.

Vampires are undead drinkers of blood. Those who integrate drink synthetic blood. Those who don’t, well, they get their food the old fashioned way! There are those who would have humans believe they're NOT actually "undead" but instead suffer from a very selective condition that causes ultra-sensativity to light and an allergy to silver, as well as an ever-so-slight craving for the red stuff of life, but those who are more honest will tell you straight (although unofficially) that yup, they bit the big one. Or at least, they GOT bitten and are now very much undead. ;)

As tomorrow (Sunday) is the night True Blood is on TV in the US, I have decided Sunday is TRUE BLOOD DAY and will call THREE numbers, so check back!
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Two today, that means 4 in total
XandraS...
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

5 total for me!!!
yay....
So anyone watching this show...I wasn't impressed with the first episode. :(
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

1 more, so 5 for me too.

Its on HBO, I think, which I don't get, so can't watch the show.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
kell

Post by kell »

maemae0410 wrote:So anyone watching this show...I wasn't impressed with the first episode. :(
Yup, I'm bang-up-to-date with the show and in line with the US. You can get seasons 1, 2 and 3 on DVD already in the UK, and I'm pretty certain season 4 will be available as soon as the current TV run is complete. Fpr those who aren't prepared to wait, there are certain places you can download or watch online... Just don't say I told you!
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

I think I'm up to 4 now.

I do watch the show, and really like it for the most part. Season 2 was my least favourite, and there are a couple of story lines I'm not thrilled with (like Sam Merlotte and his family in season 3... I won't spoil it for anyone). But overall, I like the show a lot and I think HBO has done a fine job of it. I'll be starting the third book soon.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Okay. I'm convinved I at least need to check this out. So I just reserved Season 1 Discs 1 and 2 at my library and I will try it next week. Quite a few have been checked out so they will have to send it to my branch, but since I'm number 1 in the queue it should be there by Wednesday. Which means this bingo might even be over by then. But I will still watch it and let you know what I think.

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

One today, so 3 for me. I think I enjoy the books more than the show, but I haven't watched much past season 2.
kell

Post by kell »

IT'S TRUE BLOOD DAY!!!

Here are the THREE numbers for today. Good luck, everyone! :)

4. Sam Merlotte
17. Rene Lenier
30. Club Dead

Sam Merlotte is a shape-shifter (he can take the form of any animal) with strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. He owns and manages Merlotte’s bar, where Sookie works. He’s a good friend to Sookie, and sometimes wishes he were more than that. He’s played by Sam Trammell in the TV show.

Rene Lenier is a co-worker and friend of Jason Stackhouse and is in a relationship with Arlene. However, he’s not all he seems and Sookie isn’t quite sure of him. Could he actually be dangerous? He was played by Michael Raymond-James in the TV show.

Club Dead is the third book in the series.
There's only one vampire Sookie Stackhouse is involved with - at least voluntarily - and that's Bill. But recently he's been a little distant - in another state distant. His sinister and sexy boss Eric has an idea where to find him, and next thing Sookie knows she's off to Jackson, Mississippi, to mingle with the underworld at Club Dead. It's a dangerous little haunt where the elusive vampire society can go to chill out and suck down some Type O - but when Sookie finally finds Bill caught in an act of serious betrayal she's not sure whether to save him, or to sharpen some stakes.