Website Flash Introduction - feedback please (POLL)

Trade, sell or buy Cross Stitch items or services. Only Subscribers can sell items in this forum.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Please give me your feedback on the Flash Introduction

Keep it - I like it
No votes
Keep it - but change it
No votes
Ditch it - I don't like it
No votes
Wasn't able to see it
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 0

SewingCafe

Website Flash Introduction - feedback please (POLL)

Post by SewingCafe »

Hi everyone - I've tried to be a bit 'flash' and I've created a flash introduction for my website. I was in two minds as to whether to use it as I know they are not to everyone's taste... so I just wanted to get your feedback please :?

You should be able to view the introduction by visiting my website at http://www.sewingcafe.co.uk

Please do let me know if I should keep it, change it or ditch it. Please also let me know if you weren't able to see it/ view it.

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback.
Rose

Re: Website Flash Introduction - feedback please (POLL)

Post by Rose »

For some reason I can not ge the site to register my vote. I said that I did not care for it and I would remove it. I did not see a reason to have to watch it and then click again to get to the home page. When I go to a site I want the home page to come up. Just my personal 2 cents worth.

When I tried to go to your site from the link in your signature the Introdution did not come up but when i went to it through the link you supplied in this thread it did work.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Midge

Post by Midge »

I can't vote either.
I have been to the site to look and I would ditch it. The main reason to go to the site is to shop not to view some clever graphics. I know there is an option to skip but it would drive me bonkers.
Sorry.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Same here, it says my vote is invalid :-(

I too would vote to get rid of it, I'm afraid it's one of my top annoyances about sites (not this one in particular, just in general) that you need to watch a lot of clever stuff before you can get to the site to do/see/get what you want.

Not relevant here but just as annoying: when you type in a web address and the home page just says "Click here to enter site" -- that's what I type the flippin' web address for, to get to the site; why the unnecessary extra page???)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

I also think it's unnecessary, it's very nicely done but annoying when you have to click to get passed it to get to what you really want, which is to BUY stuff!!

Nice idea, but it's a no from me.
hiceskater

Post by hiceskater »

I think it's a nice idea, and well designed, but I wouldn't keep it. People are going to the site to buy/browse, and the introduction could be offputting to some, and mean that they will just navigate back away from the site again. It could ultimately reduce the number of people actually visiting the site.
Sorry, couple of weeks ago, a group I belong to were doing some analysis of websites, and we did a bit of a survey, and one of the things that put almost everyone off was the use of flash introductions. Maybe, if you wanted to jazz the site up a little bit, you could do some flash animations within the site itself, but I just don't feel the introduction works the way it was intended to.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I agree with the rest, that it is cute but after the first time I would want to go straight to the website to start shopping. I would have voted, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

Carole :)
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I couldn't vote either, but I agree with the majority, I dislike Flash intros in general, they tend to load slowly and slow me down getting to the site. I think you did a good job with it to make it interesting, but I'd stick with your store as is. You could always leave it up for awhile and see if your traffic increases or decreases.

Hope that's helpful!
SewingCafe

Post by SewingCafe »

Thanks everyone. I was in two minds about it myself, but I'm really glad I got your feedback. The flash intro has now offically been ditched :D
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I never saw it but just to agree with Rose and the others, if I visit a site I want to go right to it and get straight into the stash!!
:lol:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog