How long do you stitch per day?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

K1nS

How long do you stitch per day?

Post by K1nS »

Ive been looking through thr SAL section and cant beleive how fast some of you seem to stitch! So I was wondering how long you spent stitching a day roughly to get the outcome you do?? :shock:
vanessanjf

Re: How long do you stitch per day?

Post by vanessanjf »

I stitch Monday - Friday 1 -2hrs per night, Saturday usually 2 -3hrs and Sunday 5 - 8hrs. I wish I could do more!
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
corby_stitcher

Post by corby_stitcher »

As i work on a 2 shift rota, any 5 from 7. i start work on a Sunday. I only get to stitch when im on the 6am till 2pm shift. But i do managed to get between 3 and 5 hours worth of stitching in during every second week. And on a Saturday i can manage between 6 and 8 hours worth.
WIP -

Stitch List -
Country Threads - Down On His Luck.
Bearded Dragon - Charted by Skitzzzzz.
Cockneystitcher

Post by Cockneystitcher »

Depending on whats happening on the day 1 to 2 hours in the afternoon and 3 to 4 in the evenings.Weekends,if not out and about and can get away with it, especially Sunday, most of the day and evening.
WIP's
Trixie
Floral Flowers

http://juliesstitching.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

http://community.webshots.com/user/Cockneystitcher" target="_blank
Jaki :)

Post by Jaki :) »

I can manage a couple of hours each day when kids are at school & an hour or so at night when they're in bed :) at the weekends I can get 5 or 6 hours stitching done a day, I could probably get more done if I stayed off laptop :lol:
Jaki x

2012 WIP Gothic fairy

2012 Finishes...Sara Moon
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Jaki :) wrote:I can manage a couple of hours each day when kids are at school & an hour or so at night when they're in bed :) at the weekends I can get 5 or 6 hours stitching done a day, I could probably get more done if I stayed off laptop :lol:
I'm actually trying to train myself to skip Facebook and go right to stitching. Then I should be able to get between 1-2 hours on workdays and up to 8 hours on my 2 days off.
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I get very little time to stitch. I home school, so I'm rarely on my own. Mostly I get an hour or so once everyone has gone to bed!
:)
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
kell

Post by kell »

On nights I'm not working, I usually stitch 2-3 hours at least once Xan is in bed - I do it whilst watching movies and crime shows with my hubby. Sometimes he asks to do some stitching, so I get maybe half an hour through the day when he wants to join in, but it's a lot slower than I usually stitch because he's sitting on my knee pulling the needle through the fabric - LOL!

On nights I'm working, I get home around 10.45pm and usually do at least half an hour to and hour, depending on how tired I am.

Xan also likes to watch me designing, so I often get half an hour at a time on the computer while he watches, which is great fun. I hope he'll follow me into my passion for stitching and designing!
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

I can only stitch an hour a day and then more on Sundays....I'm one of the slow stitchers.... :roll: There are times when I couldn't stitch due to work fatigue after office work. I really wish life would be less stressful at work this year 2011 so I could have more time to stitch! :dance:
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Because I have a lot of schoolwork to do, most days I can't stitch at all. On the weekends I can sometimes squeeze in an hour or two if I don't have any big assignments to work on.
WIPs (in rotation):
Wolves--(23,226/118,400; 19.62%)
Disneyland Castle
Chaperon of Light--(15,539/200,000; 7.77%)
Hidden Spirits

UFOs:
Free Flight
Cat and Flowers
Emma1977

Post by Emma1977 »

vanessanjf wrote:I stitch Monday - Friday 1 -2hrs per night, Saturday usually 2 -3hrs and Sunday 5 - 8hrs. I wish I could do more!
:shock: I sooooo wish!!! :lol: On a week night I could do up 2 hours depending on what time my 2-year-old settles, how tired I am after work and if I can stay off my Netbook :roll:

At the weekends I don't really have much chance to do much longer than this as its our only family time and I have to get most of the housework done too :ratherbe:
Finished
Fantasy Flitterflies
Ruby Wedding Sampler
Vervaco: To have and to Hold wedding sampler
"Gift from God" birth sampler
Vervaco Wedding Bouquet

W.I.P
Cinderella, Joan Elliott
Swan Fidelity
Galaxy
Dimension - Baby Express
Forever the Flagship
thatrabbitgirl

Post by thatrabbitgirl »

An hour a day during the workweek if I'm very lucky. Usually I get in about an hour because I stitch smaller projects on my train ride to and from work each day. On weekends it varies depending on what other things we've got going on. Sometimes I don't do any stitching at all.
--Alice :bunny:

WIPs
1. Santa and Snowman Ornaments (Dimensions Kit)
2. Anhinga Blues (RK Portfolio)
3. William Morris Rabbits (Artecy)

2011 Finishes
1. Easter scissors fob
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I tend to stitch from 10.30 through to 10pm with breaks for doing the horses and eating etc. I watch TV as well. It also depends on how much work I have to do for a medical helpline I volunteer for but that doesn't usually take more than 2 hours out of the day.

I don't stitch that fast, its a lesiure activity and pain distraction technique - on a bad day I just have to go to bed, but stitching can make a real difference to my quality of life. Is it sad to say that it keeps me going as well? Knowing if I carry on I'll be able to stitch all these wonderful things? :neutral: :oops: :)

I'd love to have less pain and do less stitching - but its a silver lining in my cloudy skies, that I can spend so much time on something I love!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
suepollock

Post by suepollock »

I stitch everyday of my life if at all possible and normally in the evenings. Mon - Fri evenings I manage between two to four hours. Most Saturdays, I manage to stitch at least 5 - 8 hours and usually the same amount on Sunday too.
Happy Stitching,
~Sue P~

My Online Albums of Finishes and WIPs Updated 08.04.14
My Blog - Stitched Tidbits Updated 06.17.14
ucladoc

Post by ucladoc »

Usually 2 hours at night on weekdays and 5-6 hours on Saturday/Sunday. My schedule is far from regular, though, since I'm on call in the hospital every four to five nights and two weekends per month. :P
2014 projects:

Country store: almost done
Walt Disney World's Epcot: just starting
hanma

Post by hanma »

Being a teacher, my stitching time depends on how much work I have to bring home. I try to sqeeze in at least one hour every evening, but on Saturdays and Sundays I can get up to 6-7 hours, if I'm lucky. December was extremely hectic at work, and I hardly got any stitching done at all, but January has been good to me so far :)
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

I get most of my stitching done on weekends. I do try an do an hour or so of an afternoon (I just work mornings at the moment) but I often get tied up in extra work or doing assignments for my NVQ or chores around the house.

Unless I go I spend most of Saturday stitching, and Sunday too if I can. (Like today I stitched maybe 6 hours so far)

It sometimes doesn't feel like I have done that much stitching.

I do tend to have the TV on while I stitch so that sometimes slows me down
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
milkmaid

Post by milkmaid »

i do try to do an hour a night ,but not always
i do stitch more when i'm stressed from work ,and it helps me not to get stressed about things there i have to get done ,
i try to do 4 hours on a sunday ,i do run a croft was well though so it's also weather related ,good weather outside work to do ,rain wind stitching :wink:
BBB2264

Post by BBB2264 »

Well sense I have nothing to do but stitch right now I can go a good 6-8 hrs a day if I choose to, but that won't be for much longer sense I'm going to be moving soon so most of my time will be packing up my house and getting settled into another, but I still plan on stitching a little every night before bed. Great way to unwind :lol: :lol:
noctifyre

Post by noctifyre »

I stitch whenever I feel like it (and have the time) pretty much - most of the time, I find myself doing most work late at night when I should be sleeping, though. I also tend to have my attention flit about, so I can't focus on just stitching for hours on end majority of the time, especially if it's on a single one project. :doh:
WIPs
Chickadees On A Branch (Dimensions Stamped)
Free Flight (Dimensions)
A Season For Everything (Dimensions Stamped)
Snowflake Elegance Ornaments (Dimensions Gold)