Are you satisfied

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Are you satisfied

Post by Rose »

So it is getting to the end of the year, looking back are you satisfied with the amount of progress/finished work that you have done this year?????

Looking back at the list I made as a New Year Resolution I am pretty happy with what I have done. No I did not complete all of the list but i did more then half of it.

1)I was able to Make 4 Feng Shui pictures for my daughter plus a 5th as a Thank you to Mabel.
2)I participated in 3 forum exchanges. 2 ATC's and the Egg Exchange.
3)I helped with 2 Charity Card Stitch-alongs 8 cards total.
4)I made 3 cards for special events/people. Also framed a small Daisy baby as a get well present
5)2 John Wayne Pictures as presents for BIL's Christmas
6)10 Christmas Cards/Ornaments one for each niece and nephew
7)3 AOY pictures 2 for sisters and 1 for brother Christmas
8 )Finished my Christmas Tree Skirt for myself and also 2 Disney pictures for a quilt
9)6 Canvas Bags as gifts for Christmas and 1 a gift to my daughter
10) 1 Bookmark to go with SIL's bag
11)4 napkin set for daughters Christmas gift and so far 1 Nutcracker napkin for son's Christmas gift. (3 more to finish the set but will have to wait for next year)
Not trying to brag but I was amazed that I had finished as much as I did. I am almost done with the gift for son's girl friend so that will be
12) Nemo Christmas Hanging

So YES I am satisfied with my work this year. I hope ro get as much done in the up coming year. :dance:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
JenEric

Re: Are you satisfied

Post by JenEric »

I'm very happy with my progress. I completed my first HAED! Also finished a few mini projects, 1 page of my next HAED and started my first fractal. Loved every minute of it.
WIPS
HAED - Queen of Hearts
Spring Queen - making good progress

Finishes
Summer Queen
2013 and prior
Winter Queen, Royal Holiday Queen, Clock Fractal, Welcome Almanac, HAED Witching Hour
Corey.G

Post by Corey.G »

I must honestly say that I'm not that pleased with my stitching this year. I've been too lazy with it. I'm still on the same project I started last year and that shouldve taken at the most 6-8 months. All Ive really done this year is acquire stash.
kitkat

Post by kitkat »

I'm not sure, I guess since I've only really been working on my current and first ever project for 6 months and I was sick in the hospital for a bit of that, that i should be happy that it's almost done now, but i think I am just too eager to hurry up and have more stuff done lol
"give me a break" ;)

WIP--
"Balloon Glow"
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

I'm pretty satisifed with what I got done. I can't actually remember what I intended to do at the beginning of the year, but I managed quite a lot.

Continued with existing HAEDS on a rotation - Bubble Telescope and Floatilla.

Started 2 new HAEDS - Pescatus Mechanicus and Tree of Life

Started and finished one smaller HAED - Air Mermaid

Completed several pages of Fractal - Aero Chocolate

Completed Indian Maiden design

Finished lavender filled biscornu (started a year ago) :oops:

I think that's it.
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Yes, I'm satisfied, I finished several "deadline projects" which were gifts, also lots of little projects, and I got into Hardanger in a big way and started to do more designing, so I'm pleased :-)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Hmm I have to say yes although I have not completed even half of what Rose has with it being my first year cross stitching and so much going on for half of this year...I can tell a difference in my stitching.

and of course my stash has grown and i'm happy about that for sure!
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Yes I'm pleased, broadly. I was away for 3 months over the summer which noticeably reduced the amount of stitching I have done this year. But, I finished Angel of Hope for my niece and, recently, the William de Morgan tiles for a friend, and a few other bits.

Moreover, I improved my Hardanger which I am enjoying enormously, and started being more creative with my stitching (my Banksy bag). I have loads of ideas going forward too.
~ girls with dreams grow into women with vision ~

WIPs:
The Sweetheart Tree 12 Days of Christmas
Sharon Pope's Gingerbread Cottage
Chatelaine Christmas Mystery 2011
kell

Post by kell »

I'm satisfied withwhat I've done (I seem to have stitched loads of projects - mostly very small ones though) and have taken part in various exchanges and charity card drives.

Next year, however, I'm planning to focus on stitching things for ME instead of other people for a change. :)
nettie

Post by nettie »

No I'm not I'm completely dissastisfied with my progress I have been working on one projectthat I had a dealine for and that passed in October and its still not finished. I have I think on average done maybe a couple of hours stitching a week nowhere near what I used to do before I had my own home!
corby_stitcher

Post by corby_stitcher »

I'm more than satisfied with what ive got done. Although ive got 3 WIP's on the go and the only project ive got finished is a small blackwork piece. I founf this forum and it rekindled my love for cross stitch.
WIP -

Stitch List -
Country Threads - Down On His Luck.
Bearded Dragon - Charted by Skitzzzzz.
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

No, I'm definately not satisfied with the amount of stitiching I've done this year! My signature speaks for itself. :( :(
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

I'm not, nowhere near lol. I spent most of the year trying to finish my Malamute design for Deans mum so my other projects hardly got a look in. I was taking part in my atcs group from facebook but ive given that up now as I wasnt finding any time to stitch my normal WIPs :( I have to admit though, since I am not working anymore, I do have alot more time to stitch which has been great. I just hope next year I can get more of my projects completed :)
ali-cat

Post by ali-cat »

Yes and No ... if that's allowed?

Yes, because I started my first HAED, have done one and a half Purple Patch Designs, two gifts for friends and a couple of little samplers ..... and finished 'Public Enemy Number One' - The Chateâu de Neuvicq!! :dance:

No, because I still have half the Purple Patch Design to finish and didn't make one Christmas card for friends which I really wanted to do this year. :oops: Always 2011, I guess.
:kitty: Many years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

WIP
Joan Elliott's Woodland Goddess
Charmed

Post by Charmed »

Im pretty satisfied, I managed to get quite a bit done quite a few projects done including the 2 birth samplers for my youngest 2, I also tried and loved taking part in exchanges and I had ago at making a biscornu and I think I mastered it too! :D I aquired a large amount of new stash :dance:
Also started Rincewind, but unfortunately hes not finished yet as I had hoped, still theres always next year to get him finished!
Heidi x

WIPS Halloween Fairy, Train Of Dreams

UFO Rincewind
mig-3

Post by mig-3 »

No. Too few peaks, too many valleys.
Jarvis
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Satisfied is not quite the right word for me..I am happy though because when I do get to stitch I have enjoyed it this past year in much the same way as I enjoy reading and creating in the kitchen lol ..both of which I love :)
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

No, I'm not all that satisfied with what I've gotten finished. I finished one project for my daughter. Two are almost done, but I don't really have any desire to get back to them. One is done except for the back stitching and I'm not sure I want to finish it at all. One is hardly begun, and already on hold. And yet I'm still buying more kits instead of waiting till all the others are finished. I haven't done any stitching at all for a couple of weeks. I just need a break from it, and then maybe I'll be able to feel more like stitching again.
Pam
ohstitcher

Post by ohstitcher »

I am actually satisfied with what I have gotten done this year. I finished a whole column of Arab Tent, and I finished one of my goals which was to finish a page of Christmas Presence (HAED) so I am satisfied oh plus there was a baby afghan thrown in the mix. I am not nearly done with AT or CP but progress is progress. I however failed miserably on a couple of other projects. OH well there's always next year.
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of man ~ Winston Churchill~
Trylla

Post by Trylla »

I am extremely satisfied. Not only did I finish and frame my very first cross stitch project since picking up the hobby again after 20 years, but I finished 2 other small projects, and finished and framed the butterflies for my mom for Christmas and the tree for my brother. I also became more involved in my LNS and joined 2 SALs. I acquired more stash then I know what to do with, and I am making good progress on my pixie.

On top of all that, I've discovered a deep love for an awesome art form and it helps me learn something new all the time.
Trylla
WIP
Drama Queen - custom chart (skitzzzzz)

My Blog