My gallery

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

My gallery

Post by Rose »

I have finally found a way to shrink the pictures so that they will fit on this forum. If you look at them and read the expanations the picture that I loaded first are at the bottem of the page, so the explanation start there and then work backwards. Would appreciate any comments and I am trying to get some more pictures loaded.

I am currently in the middle of putting together another pattern for mom's project. This is the worst part of stitching having to build the pattern before you can start.

Got the camera out and got some more pictures of work I have done. All the angels are from the same artist. I love the work she does. I currently have 11 done and I need 24 to finish the quilt to the size I want to give my daughter. Then on the other side I am going to stitch a bigger pattern from "Lavender and Lace" called the Guardian Angel. This has been a huge project for me, I keep getting side-tracked with other things that life throws at me. Also waste canvas stitching is much slower or at least that is what I have found.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Rose, your stitching is wonderful. Where in the world do you find the time? :?: Please tell us that you have been doing angels for years and years...

Tips for the rest of us time-impoverished souls would be very useful. :)
Rose

Post by Rose »

When I am at home after a long day and I have the TV on if I am not working on a project that is the best sleeping pill in the world. I have to keep my hands busy or I miss the program that I am watching.

The angels take about 6 months from start to finish. That is the bigger 18 count works. The smaller ones take any were from 3 to 4 months and of course that depends on what else is going on. Last year with mom's project and all the afghans I had to make as grad presents (36 afghans for friends that my son graduated with) I didn't even get one angel complete. That is changing now I am back at a new one and hope to have her ready by mid August.

With the waste fabric speed is not an issue it takes longer then with the aida cloth. I do use a thread coating to make the thread slide better especially on the krenik thread.
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

Great works!

Congratulations :D
Becca

Post by Becca »

They're all really beautiful, i love the angels
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thanks for all the nice replys. These are just a few of the projects that I have done it wasn't until about 3 years ago that I started taking pictures of the stuff. I think everyone should just to remind ourselves of all the work we have accomplished. I didn't realize how much I did until I looked at all the pictures.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have added some pic's to my gallery. They are of my babies. :wink:

Also some pictures of were I do my work out in our living room and also some pic's of my craft room with my supplies and how I keep my floss sorted out.

Don't think that this is something I have had for years not so. It has taken me over 11 years to get all this collected and organized. I just barely got the craft room set up as my son has now graduated and moved out.
:twisted:
Just thought it would be nice to share with others who appreciate how much this helps when doing our craft. :idea:
catkin

Post by catkin »

:D Very nice work space. You're very tidy and organized nothing like my house. I always seem to be in a muddle probably because I always find an excuse to leave the housework to do a little stitching only the little usually turns into a lot :lol:
Love you're furry family. I must take some pics of mine for my gallery.
Joan
mauveme

My gallery

Post by mauveme »

Hi Rose, beautiful angels, all your work is nice. I am having the same problem getting my pics into the gallery, I only managed to post three, the rest were taken with a diff camera and are all too big , but I keep trying :cry: Linda
Linda
Alex
Site Admin

Pic sizes

Post by Alex »

Hi girls, if you are having problems resizing your pics, you can email them to me and I will resize them for you. Just email them to me alex@zookx.com with your user name. 8)
mauveme

Pic sizes

Post by mauveme »

Hi Alex thanks for resizing my pictures but It still comes up an an error, files corrupted or too large. thanks anyway Linda
Linda
Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex »

Ok, if you email me your password, I will put them on for you.
mauveme

My Gallery

Post by mauveme »

Hi Alex. Thank you so much, for helping me with my pictures, It was very good of you. one of these days I will know what I am doing with this computer, I have only had it three months, and I am not yet used to its mysterious ways. Linda :wink:
Linda