Pen Pals

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Loopy

Re: Pen Pals

Post by Loopy »

Sounds nice! I should have looked when I was at the shops today. Forgot :oops:

My ladies - in a couple of months time keep any eye on the mail box for a postcard ... from FIJI !!!!! Just booked 7 nights away in August :applesauce:
Sara
a happy stitcher

WIP:
HAED "Train of Dreams"
Charl343

Post by Charl343 »

I think the idea of penpals is lovely. It is rare I get anything exciting through the post (other than sewing supplies of coarse!). I think my I last wrote to a penpal over 15 years ago! It's a shame the art of letter writing has definitely dwindled.
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Loopy wrote:Got it Grub72!! How funny, writing a letter to someone who lives just round the corner (potentially). We could just catch up for a coffee instead :lol:
We could just do that and just letting you know, i work from 7-8:45 break then 3-6pm ( morning and after school care Somerville Primary) so anytime during break time is fine with me, just warning you i have my cross stitch with me where ever i go lol :lol:
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Carole received your lovely newsy letter this morning. So glad I braved the Anarctic temps and rain outside to trek to the letter box at the end of the drive. Rushed back in grabbed a hot chocolate drink and settled down with it.

Will get to answer it next week - got a yard sale this week to get rid of extraneous furniture etc. etc.

Sally

PS Thanks for brightening a wintry day
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

your welcome. funny you talk about a wintry day. It was 93 here today I think (Fahrenheit) and will be hot like this for the rest of the summer I am sure. Or hotter. Enjoy the hot :choc: and stay warm.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

Ceitidh,

Hope the letter gets through without a hitch. It is on it's way to your place.

Thanks,

socialsue :D
Juel

Post by Juel »

rcperryls wrote:your welcome. funny you talk about a wintry day. It was 93 here today I think (Fahrenheit) and will be hot like this for the rest of the summer I am sure. Or hotter. Enjoy the hot :choc: and stay warm.

Carole
:wub:
I guess last year we managed about 38° Celsius (a bit more than 100° Farenheit), when you were out in the sun it felt even hotter. That was terrible... Up to now we enjoyed about the same you did, but it got colder again. Now we lurk around 23° Celsius (I guess about 75° Fahrenheit), thats fine :)
I hope this summer won't be so hot :D
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)

My Blog
Ceitidh

Post by Ceitidh »

Look forward to it socialsue.

For those waiting for a reply from me - apologies for the delay - hectic few weeks but normality has been restored now I think and letters will be in the post within the next 2 days.
WIP

Dimensions Gold Pleasures of Winter
Dimensions Gold Candy Cane Santa
Anchor Winter Sun

www.albastitcher.blogspot.co.uk
My Facebook
Vanille

Post by Vanille »

Hello,

I hope that you are fine.
I'd like to have penpals. I write via post or e-mail.

Here are my details too!

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere, my mother language is French, but I can write in English if desired, and might be fun to practice with someone so I can improve!
Where you're from:I live in Marcinelle in Belgium.
Any other hobbies:knitting, reading, listening music, cooking, gardening,....
Any pets/Children/Other half:1 dog and 4 cats, no kids,...
Favourite colour:rose, parme,...
Favourite things to stitch: flowers, landscape, dogs, cats,....

I wish you a nice day.
Catherine
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Just to update everyone, CanadaPost locked out it's employees so no mail is coming or going from Canada at this point. I'm assuming this can't last long, but as Sue mentioned a while ago, you may want to wait 'til mail delivery starts again before mailing anything to Canada. Luckily my procrastination had me holding on to some letters, so they'll go out from the US soon. :)

:x: this doesn't last long.
sillypants124

Post by sillypants124 »

Oooh this is very exciting. I want to join in.

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere I speak English, Sign Language (if anyone wants to do a video pen pal and wants to work on their signing I am here to help lol) and Russian... so anyone that knows Russian that would be nice to keep up with it. Especially living in a State where it's predominetly Spanish and I do not speak Spanish.

Where you're from: Arizona, USA

Any other hobbies: I like stitching, reading - I am all over the place but I do like fantasy, fiction, and anything that has to do with Jews because I am one so I do like Jewish authors like Eli Weisel and I love reading books in Russian but I would love to learn another language Hebrew for sure, dancing, music, drawing, foreign films, paranormal investigation (but I do not plan on doing any).... errr there's probably more I just can't think of anymore.

Any pets/Children/Other half: I have 2 nieces with a nephew on the way, recently broken up, I love dogs and I use to have lots of birds and use to breed cats and dogs.

Favourite colour: Pink, White, and any jewel tone colour.

Favourite things to stitch: I am a fan of Mirabilia Designs/Nora Corbett, but if it's something I like then I will stitch it or put it on my to do list/to buy list lol, but I can definitely say what I do not like and have a long list to as why.

Anything else: I am a Deaf advocate and know a lot about Deaf Culture, I love court trials or at least reading about them and I am following the Casey Anthony Trial right now, I am willing to learn about new cultures, Languages and I am very chatty I can talk about anything and everything.

PM me your addy please.
Last edited by sillypants124 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sillypants124

Post by sillypants124 »

tiffstitch wrote:Just to update everyone, CanadaPost locked out it's employees so no mail is coming or going from Canada at this point. I'm assuming this can't last long, but as Sue mentioned a while ago, you may want to wait 'til mail delivery starts again before mailing anything to Canada. Luckily my procrastination had me holding on to some letters, so they'll go out from the US soon. :)

I hope it doesn't last long either and whatever is going on they work it out really fast.
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

tiffstitch wrote:Just to update everyone, CanadaPost locked out it's employees so no mail is coming or going from Canada at this point. I'm assuming this can't last long, but as Sue mentioned a while ago, you may want to wait 'til mail delivery starts again before mailing anything to Canada. Luckily my procrastination had me holding on to some letters, so they'll go out from the US soon. :)

I hope you got mine before the lock out. :hug:
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

talenaya wrote:I hope you got mine before the lock out. :hug:
I did! I just picked it up at the mailbox Friday, and that's when I realized I couldn't send any mail. All the mailboxes are locked for receiving mail. The Canadian government will likely force everyone back to work sometime this week.

It's really odd. The workers were doing "rotating strikes", so a different large Canadian city was affected on a different day, so mail didn't stop, there were just delays. Then CanadaPost (i.e. the government) locked out all the workers, so all mail stopped completely. And now the government will be forcing the workers back to work. Very odd situation. (if I have it wrong, someone let me know!)

Sent you a PM Brandon!
sillypants124

Post by sillypants124 »

tiffstitch wrote:Sent you a PM Brandon!
Got your message my computer was acting up and then to find out it was the internet cable was not plugged into the wall.

I am getting some paper and I am very excited for what I want because I have been searching for it for soo long and finding a good reason to get it and now I do. I just have to purchase it and have it sent to me. But for the most part I will most likely use "normal" printing paper/lined paper until it arrives.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am in the process of catching up on letters. For those of you in Canada, are you getting mail yet? I was out of touch for a week (at least I had an excuse last week) or more. I am also willing to add a few more penpals if anyone is interested. PM me. But please be patient. I want to write a lot of letters, but when I get behind I procrastinate some. I have several that I started and will be hopefully finishing and mailing them this week. But have been on hold for my friends to the North.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
grub72

Post by grub72 »

I received my letter off Katrina today,,its good to hear from people who can still write the old way, now its my turn to write back but this time it will be with pretty paper and with a twist,,she will get a laugh out of it ,,but it may take tyme,,,,lol hope she can reed it :lol: we will c how she gos :lol: ( hint on how its going to be written)
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

To update everyone, mail to Canada will be delivered again starting today or tomorrow. The postal workers got a bum deal.. Kind of sad the government can just step in and cut their wages.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

GGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr to the government for doing that but good news that the mail is back to being delievered again but it sure is going to take weeks to catch up again I guess. My sympathies are with the postal workers = they do a grand job.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Yes, they really got a crappy deal. I had read a government news source initially and was mis-informed about why the postal workers had rotating strikes (thereby not shutting down mail service). So CanadaPost locks out all the workers, shutting down service completely. Some of the reasons the workers were striking were because CanadaPost wanted to double the weight each mail carrier carried per day, only getting paid 50% on sick days, and cutting hours. And the government has forced everyone back to work, some at significantly less pay because the government made up their own lower wage numbers instead of using either CanadaPost's or the union's or anything in between.

But it will be nice to receive mail again.