Quick daily posts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: Quick daily posts

Post by rcperryls »

Our state hasn't issued a specific stay at home order, but most cities, towns, villages have. Pretty much what Debby described is happening here. At least a week ago or more all restaurants and bars were closed. Delivery and carryout is allowed for the restaurants, don't know about the bars :roll: . Many businesses have closed or cut back drastically on service to just being available for emergencies (plumbers etc). All events have been canceled or postponed and today parks and playgrounds which were open for people to walk and run etc as long as there were no groups larger than 3 and social distances were maintained. Because a few people did not observe the rules they are closed now and will be patrolled. Nothing nearly as stringent as your rules, Wendy. At least not yet. Most everyone is cooperating and most everyone is being helpful and sharing tips etc, offering to help seniors or those with medical conditions and lots and lots of texting and face timing to stay in touch.

This daily post is a great way to stay in touch with each other also. I really find it lifts my spirits!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Podolyanka wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm I am a 100% dog person,but for some unknown reason have fallen in love with this cat. She is all charm and elegance.
The reason for falling in love with a cat is simple. Mind control. They look at you, and you're lost. There is no escape, so just accept it.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

richardandtracy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:47 pm
Podolyanka wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm I am a 100% dog person,but for some unknown reason have fallen in love with this cat. She is all charm and elegance.
The reason for falling in love with a cat is simple. Mind control. They look at you, and you're lost. There is no escape, so just accept it.

Regards,

Richard.
@rotfl: @rotfl:
Carole
:whoop:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

richardandtracy wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:47 pm

Regards,

Richard.
Oh my, there is so much truth in that statement, Richard.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

In spite of all the noise here yesterday I finally felt as if I was getting somewhere with my crazy stitching. I have managed to fill in an annoying gap and now Stuffy's lower bit of body is in one piece.

Why the noise? 3 guys here taking off the old rusted guttering around the edge of the house roof. Totally crazy. Hopefully when they finally get here today to put the new stuff up it will be quieter - said she hopefully.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
poppy

Post by poppy »

I really needed a few more supplies. I got up at 6am to get a few tins at the local newsagent ( they sell a few things apart from Newspapers and chocolates). I met no one! The lack of planes flying overhead and the lack of traffic made it quite eerie.
Hélène

Finished: Joan Elliott. Rainbow Fairy
Fit Kit by Peter Underhill
The Choir by Peter Underhill
Angel Of The Morning by Lavender & Lace

Best of Friends by Mabel Lucie Attwell
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Sally, more stressful for a stitcher than your walkers on the roof can be a repairman sorting out the airconditioning, with half of his body hanging out of the window on the 8th floor.
Lyudmila
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Richard, thank you for your kind explanation. Now that I know how it happened, I will be careful with cats. :D
Do cats use telepathy (like dogs do) to let you know that, for example, they want the liver in the fridge, not the dry dogs food?
Lyudmila
richardandtracy

Oh yes. Oh yes indeed. But with our cats it's more normally about milk. And they don't use telepathy. They just swear at you until you follow orders.

Regards,

Richard
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Maine Coons/crosses are huge cats, so when they start swearing it must be intimidating. Our Siamese, having that voice, took it to a whole new level over tuna, let me tell you. :shock:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

The cat next door has taken to coming over frequently since our 2 moggies went over the Rainbow Bridge.
He's a nice cat but...... He likes to use the flower border next to our patio as his Personal Area!! :gurn:

Today I realised that without our daily routine all days are the same! I had to look at the calendar after checking what the date was on my phone what day it is today!! :tizzy: :tizzy:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

So glad I'm not the only one... :lol:
richardandtracy

Serinde wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:39 am Maine Coons/crosses are huge cats, so when they start swearing it must be intimidating. Our Siamese, having that voice, took it to a whole new level over tuna, let me tell you. :shock:
A friend had a sensible (ie not over-stretched) Siamese, and it was possible to have a conversation with her. She had definite 'Yes' and 'No' yowls, and was very free with using them, particularly when being asked which type of food she'd like. Very nice cat she was. I do love the Maine Coon muttering, Gryff used to have a running commentary on what he was doing. Even when trying to hide under a bush...! :doh:

Regards,

Richard
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Daughter's Yorkie does not like it when someone tells about his "adventures". He "argues". If told to wait for his piece of meat to be boiled or prepared in the owen, he lies down on his cushion udner the kitchen table and the moment the meat is ready (sense of smell 14 times stronger than ours if I remember correctly) he begins to "grumble" under his nose as if saying, "Stupid people, believing the timer instead of trusting this dog's nose". So now daughter opens the owen the moment the dog starts his monologue. And he has never been wrong, while we now know that the time of cooking does differ for different pieces of meat- sometimes by 10 to 15 min.
Lyudmila
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Have just scheduled a Zoom meeting to stitch with the even-before-Covid-already-mostly-housebound friend I taught to stitch last year, and who is now doing the Tree of Life SAL - it'll be nice to catch up and hopefully help her with any snags she's run into!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Lyudmila:
@rotfl: @rotfl:
Never had a dog do that for us. Sounds brilliant.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

We had a German Shepherd who used to mumble and grumble when she thought that it was our bed time or her walk time. It was up to us to translate! :lol:
If we were watching a film or late time TV she would walk into the lounge, sigh and walk out again. If we didn't take the hint that's when the mumbling and grumbling started. If we didn't take the hint at bed time she would throw herself onto her bed which would slide across the floor. When that happened we knew we in for 'trouble' :tizzy:
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Wendy, you made me laugh, thank you. Our dog also can sigh desparately when we pretend we dont understand or dont see/hear his hints.
Lyudmila
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Amazing how communicative animals are. Rosey has different squeaks for certain commands. There is a squeak for open the window I want to go out on the catio, for time to refill my dish, I see a glimmer of the bottom of the dish. I reply (while filling it, of course), that if you didn't just eat the food in the middle of the dish you wouldn't see a teeny bit of plate showing through. Interesting to note that shaking the plate so the food evens out is not an acceptable response. There is also a squeak when one of the housecoats (long explanation and too complicated to explain) is on the floor and not on the back of the chair where she can hide behind it to ambush me or fight with it till it lands on the floor. The predictable part is that I always comply :lol: :lol: I am easily trained :roll:

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
RosemaryD

Post by RosemaryD »

wendywombat wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:18 am
He's a nice cat but...... He likes to use the flower border next to our patio as his Personal Area!! :gurn:
Wendy I sympathise! Mowing the lawn requires careful prior inspection and I've had to construct a wire netting cover to protect a raised bed. The only solution is probably to get one myself...
Rosemary

WIPs
Blue Moon - Andy Russell
The Shore of the Turquoise Sea - Albert Bierstadt
Arabian Walled Garden - Chatelaine