Pen Pals

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: Pen Pals

Post by rcperryls »

Talking things out is always the best way. I'm glad that you are feeling better.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere
Where you're from:Langwarrin Victoria Australia
Any other hobbies:reading sci fic stories, watching sci fi shows, bushwalking and listening to music
Any pets/Children/Other half: married, 2 girls 16 and 11,2 budgies boy and girl
Favourite colour:mauve and pastle colours
Favourite things to stitch: anything sci fi and fantasy
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Ok so far i have pm'ed
aj101
Ceitich
and Coffee freak
i will start off with three then see how i go,,i will have to buy some pretty paper tho ,,i cant wait
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
Ceitidh

Post by Ceitidh »

Have PM'd you back grub.

I need to order nice paper on ebay - I sent all my letters out on normal writing paper rather than wait though :lol:
WIP

Dimensions Gold Pleasures of Winter
Dimensions Gold Candy Cane Santa
Anchor Winter Sun

www.albastitcher.blogspot.co.uk
My Facebook
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I found some very nice (and reasonably priced) stationary at the Office Supply Store. Everything else I found was either too small (I'm wordy) or way too expensive. Its another option.

I have letters to respond to. So I also want to let my penpals know they will be on the way this week. I've been busy. Not sure with what. Procrastinating too I think. Bad habit. :wink:

Carole
:D
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

rcperryls wrote: Procrastinating too I think. Bad habit.
I wish! I've been crazy! I've written one to Jule but now I have to go to the post and get some international stamps (I penciled it in on Friday). And I still have a few more to respond to. With my mom and work and then my house guest (15yr old kid with wrestling practice 3 days a week. longish story why I have him) I don't have a lot of time. Bright side yard sale this weekend. Anyone close to Kingsland, Ga drop by and buy some of my junk. :D

Don't worry to those that have written I will respond.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I received a postcard from Tiffany. Lovely covered bridge from Vermont area. I have been where the Maria Von Trapp Family have their house in Vermont. I have also gone camping around Vermont and New Hamphire border as a young child with my family back in 1950's. Thank you for the postcard....will send something to you soon.

socialsue :D
Jenny-M

Post by Jenny-M »

This is such a fantastic idea... I never have much time to get on the forum and actually reply to posts so having some penpals would be great!

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere but I only speak english :(
Where you're from: Hampshire, UK
Any other hobbies: Baking/ cooking, Reading, Gardening (my newest hobby)
Any pets/Children/Other half: Married (4 years this month) with two boys, 3yrs and 16 months.
Favourite colour:Greens and purples
Favourite things to stitch: Fantasy, wildlife
Anything else:] I am in the middle of losing quite abit of weight at the moment... which is my main focus most of the time, so learning alot about health and fitness which is strangly enjoyable!
WIP
Around The World SAL
UFO
Owl in flight Started:2010
My Blog:
http://crossstitchjen.blogspot.com" target="_blank
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

socialsue wrote:I received a postcard from Tiffany. Lovely covered bridge from Vermont area. I have been where the Maria Von Trapp Family have their house in Vermont. I have also gone camping around Vermont and New Hamphire border as a young child with my family back in 1950's. Thank you for the postcard....will send something to you soon.

socialsue :D
Glad you liked it! Hope the others got to their destinations safely as well. And as I've mentioned to some, if my writing is illegible, I'm happy to type, just let me know. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

sent you back a letter today. Your handwriting is fine. and the postcard arrived safely. meant to let you know. I would do the "handwritten" thing also, but I have gotten so used to writing as I think and being able to go backwards and delete sentences that don't make sense (though I have to admit, I still have plenty that run on and on etc), or make corrections that my letters would be filled with cross outs and scratches. I could write in pencil of course. and they do have eraseable pens these days.

will have to think on it.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Tiffany, your lovely post card arrived in the mail today, sure took its time. I deciphered your note ok - but then I have worked for doctors - but its not that hard to read.

I agree Carole. if I hand wrote letters they would be a mess and not only due tomy sore hands either. The beauty of computers is that mistakes and changes of mind can be accommodated easily.

Been sorting out files and and received greeting cards and am now pooped.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

This is an awesome idea. The art of letter writing is long gone. I went to boarding school for my high schools years and we were forced to write letters home twice a week (when I say 'forced', we actually didn't mind doing it, sounds very barbaric!!).

So, here's me ...

Where you're willing to write to: Anywhere! But I only speak english.

Where you're from: Melbourne, Australia (but have lived in Brisbane (Aust), Indonesia & Mauritius

Any other hobbies: I go to the gym & am on various committees for my kids sports.

Any pets/Children/Other half: Married for 14 years, 3 kiddies (Ellie, 11 - Heidi, 8 - Martin, 4) & Max the Pug & Oscar the cat.

Favourite colour: Lime green.

Favourite things to stitch: Details. I love anything with detail - & I can only stitch for a purpose (ie gift or I know which wall it's going on!).

Anything else: That's pretty much me :)
Sara
a happy stitcher

WIP:
HAED "Train of Dreams"
cgirlish

Post by cgirlish »

Got my post card from tiffstitch and a letter from vannessa will write back sooon
Connie
http://cgirlish.blogspot.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP
Monoply board
HEAD Angel of mine
HEAD SK Treasures

Future Projects

Maryln Monroe pic
World Map
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I received a letter from Katrina. Canada is going to have a post office strike on Thursday at midnight. I will wait until the strike is over to resume letter writing. Please hold any letters to me until I let u know when the strike is over in Canada.

Thanks,

socialsue
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I hope they don't strike.. the reasons they listed in an article I read are not good enough IMO. But I may be missing an issue somewhere.
Ceitidh

Post by Ceitidh »

In last few days I have received a lovely postcard and 3 letters. Will reply to all soon :D
WIP

Dimensions Gold Pleasures of Winter
Dimensions Gold Candy Cane Santa
Anchor Winter Sun

www.albastitcher.blogspot.co.uk
My Facebook
grub72

Post by grub72 »

Loopy i have just emailed you, i hope we become neighbors as i am also from Melbourne. :D :dance: i found someone in Melbourne :dance:
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Got it Grub72!! How funny, writing a letter to someone who lives just round the corner (potentially). We could just catch up for a coffee instead :lol:
Sara
a happy stitcher

WIP:
HAED "Train of Dreams"
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Oh, and we are destined to be friends, I am also Team Edward ;)
Sara
a happy stitcher

WIP:
HAED "Train of Dreams"
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Well I posted some things off this morning and checked the post office for pretty writing paper. None what so ever and the lady behind the counter wasn't even sure what I was talking about !!!! They used to have lots of prettys pads of papers.

Walked further round towards the supermarket and started to pass the card/gift shop - mmmm I wonder?? Went in, the dear couple had about 8 different pads and all so pretty so grabbed 3 pads and 2 packs of envelopes - should keep me going for a while.

Got some supplies to take with me now - thank goodness.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262