Pen Pals

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

socialsue

Re: Pen Pals

Post by socialsue »

I just pm's to you, Ceitidh!

socialsue :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

This is exciting, received my first letter yesterday so will hopefully get to answer it later today - have visitors to lunch today, so time is not my own today.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Expect another one soon! I received yours and have a reply written, just have to mail it off.
bluenoseshelley

Post by bluenoseshelley »

id be very happy to have penpals too and i agree with all the comments as its fun to get mail that isnt bills i used to have around 15 penpals when i was younger but lost them all over years life and technology got in the way lol
HAED hannah lynn QS heart of ice around 50% done
HAED julie fain cries of the night 1 and 1/2 page done
HAED jbg faces of faerie 75 1/5 page done
HAED spangler universe in a jar 1/4 page done
plus many more waiting impatiently to be stitched
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I am so enjoying this. Sent you my address via a pm. It really has been fun to get old fashioned letters in the mail. I think I said this before, I told the postman (since I didnt'know what the postage was to Australia and to England) that I had penpals. We got into a bit of a discussion about how people used to write letters all the time. And when I think about it, how nice to have them as keepsakes which we don't anymore. I have all the letters that my mother sent me when I was in college and they are very precious now. I think I might send letters to my grandchildren. Whatever do you think they will think about that?

:dance:
Carole
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Carole, you might get a surprise and then again they just might wonder about your mental state.

Got your letter today, fabulous. Made the phone bills in the same mail seem less diffcult.

Sally

WIPS
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

rcperryls wrote: I think I might send letters to my grandchildren. Whatever do you think they will think about that?
Carole
My Grandma started writing me when I was only about 1 1/2 hours away at school. Then for my next 4 years I was 9 hours away, she kept writing! Now I live 9 hours away and we write back and forth 1-2 times a month. I hope your grandchildren will enjoy it as well.
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

I received a lovely letter from Sally. It was a nice surprise and a change from the bills that I usually get in the mailbox. I will be writing back to you soon!

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Glad it arrived safely Sue. On 2 of the days I received lovely letters I also had utility bills in the mail too

I've received 3 replies so far and answered 1 on Sunday. Hope to get a few more letters done later today or tomorrow. The days are too short at present as I struggle to downsize loads of "stuff"

Sally.

WIPS
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

PS Just picked up my mail from down the driveway and your letter is here Sue - a nice pick me up on this dreary damp and cold day.

Victoria and Connie, I also have your letters which arrived Thursday and Friday last week.

Hope to reply either tomorrow or over the weekend. Craft and quilting groups are on the agenda over the next few days, as well as attacking a huge stack of filles and old cross stitch magazines - hope to get some to put in the garage (boot) sale I will be having.

Sally

WIPS
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

LOL I just mailed another letter to u, Sally! I think, to be on the safe side, is to answer the letters as I received them. Otherwise, I will forget who to write to and who I have already send a letter to..... guess I will have to make a file for letter writing soon. I hope I didn't repeat myself. LOL

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It does get confusing. I decided to keep a little file so that I know who I wrote to and where the addresses are and all. I'm looking forward to it since as squirrel says it is so nice to have a letter when everything else is either bills or junk mail. If I owe any letters to anyone let me know. My filing has never been the best.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I keep unanswered letters here beside the computer and answered ones go into a drawer. However as I am getting rid of that big old monstrostiy of a duchesse I will have to find somewhere else, myabe the writing desk would be a good place.

In the pas I have also put a large tick on the back of answered mail so I know.

Sally

No letters answered today I unpicked a quilt top just didn't like the sashing I had put in it, far too big and fussy.

WIPS
Ketta

Post by Ketta »

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago, it was such a nice surprise! I have received a couple of pm's also and once finals are over for spring term, I will be replying to everyone. It's something I'm definitely looking forward to, as this is a hobby/pastime that is dear to my heart.

If anyone else is interested, my post about interests, etc. is here in this thread, and you can pm me. I'd be glad to write! In about two weeks, finals and the term are done.
Blog: http://ketta-ketta.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=12786" target="_blank" target="_blank (bug)

http://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewtop ... =6&t=13419" target="_blank (Serenity)
talenaya

Post by talenaya »

I got some letters. I will try to get some replies out but probably won't until the 1st (Sorry :( ). Crazy weeks ahead.
:kitty:Victoria :kitty:

:wip:
HEAD: Nala
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I'm sort of away in Vermont and left most of my stuff at home, but postcards coming soon to everyone that's PM'd me!
Juel

Post by Juel »

Hey, I'm a bit worried... :(
I have a pen pal for slightly more than a year now who live in Spain. We used to write once or twice a month, always depending on how much time we had... Now I sent a letter out to her in February (early February), but I have not heard from her since. At first I told myself that she was only busy (she has to young children and now picked up a job again), but then I got nervous that maybe my letter didn't arrive. I pm'ed her some weeks ago (i guess it was beginning of May) and told her that I was worried. I bid her to tell me if my letter didn't arrive and told her also not to push herself if she was just busy. I just didn't want her to think I forgot about her...
So I waited and didn't get an answer. I checked todays again and it looks like she read my message, she has been online from time to time, too.
I'm a bit unsure what to do now? pm her again? Wait if she answers me? :(

I decided to post this here, it's a pen pal matter...

By the way: 15 pen pals? Uff, that's a lot! I have 6 now and I'm quite busy :D I used to have another one in Denmark, but we somehow lost each other...
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)

My Blog
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I wish I had an easy answer for you Juel. I think posting your concern here may be the best option. You have done just about everything you could to let her know about your concern. Hopefully, it is a question of time. You mentioned that she has recently started a job too, besides having small children. Sometimes when I put something off it just gets easier and easier to keep putting it off and then I am almost embarrassed to respond.

I have 2 letters now to reply back to. II have to double check who I sent my address to and who I didn't so that I don't send someone my address twice. I will be glad to add a few more penpals so if anyone else is interested and hasn't pm'd me, please do. It really is fun. :D

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Juel,
Maybe she just doesn't have the time to write letters anymore. You have done all you can so I think that you should wait to hear from her.
I wrote you a letter and posted it out Sunday along with 2 others for my other penpals. :D :D :D

Vanessa
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Juel

Post by Juel »

I guess I will just wait :) Maybe she will write in time. I was just afraid that there was something I could do that I didn't think of. And I had to talk about it, you know, that sometimes eases your mind... Thanks for your understanding :)

I'm eager for new letters to arrive :dance:
W.I.P
Kreimhild's Revenge - Haed
Das Rheingold - Haed
Yule Angel -Haed
QS Theatre of the Absurd - Haed
Starlight - Haed
Eternal Promise - Haed

Finished
SK Storykeeper, QS Book End Kitties (Haed)

My Blog