Some free Designs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

tiffstitch

Re: Design-a-Day

Post by tiffstitch »

Great designs! I've printed out the bridge and I definitely want to stitch that one, but the pencil is hilarious too, I love it!
MelindaH

Post by MelindaH »

I'm glad to hear that the patterns are printing alright. I wasn't sure if anyone had tried it yet. I'm sure if someone had tried and it failed, they would have told me, but I was worried about it for some reason.

You could always download the pencil for printing later. :wink:
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I love, love, love the pirate ninja. You are so creative and generous for sharing.

Thank you! :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Super awesome!!! Great design!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

MelindaH

Day 030

Post by MelindaH »

I was feeling a bit nostalgic today. My old tv died a few months ago, and the new one is refusing to read my Nintendo 64. :x
Old technology + new technology = frustration all around. Oh well.
This is just a simple pattern for those who are still fans of pixelated 3-D gaming.
Nintendo 64
beeeeeeeeth

Post by beeeeeeeeth »

I haven't been on the forum for a couple of weeks or so and I love catching up on your designs :)
The pirate-ninja one is great, and so adorable! I think it would be perfect on a greetings card.
I love retro gaming designs, keep them coming! I hope you manage to hook the console up - not being able to play on it doesn't bear thinking about. I have a SEGA MegaDrive and I know the feeling of not knowing if the TV will like it!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: for your new design and :( for your gaming console. It is always sad when new technology means that older things are no longer usable. I have shelves of audio cassette audiobooks and loads of cd audiobooks. Still playable on equipment I have , but with iPods and other such gadgets I rarely play them now. Sometimes some things do come back. But in the meantime... dust collectors. But newer technology lets us enjoy the charts that you make and share, so I guess its a balance of sorts. :?

Carole
:tizzy:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
MelindaH

Post by MelindaH »

Thank you both. I have a different connection method for my N64. I just have to figure out where I packed it. (Yeah, I still haven't finished unpacking from my move. :oops: ) I'm hoping that it will work. I used the old-fashion coaxial cable for so many years because other things used the AV cables. Now everything uses HDMI, so the AV slots are free, so it makes sense for me to switch anyway. Now everything is competing for the HDMI slot, which this TV only has one of for some reason.

My mom's staycation is now over, but my dad's staycation is this week. I have started a design, but I'm not sure if I will finish it today, as Dad wants to take me out shopping. I'm not sure how long we'll be out. I might be out of energy when we get home. :lol:
fccs

Post by fccs »

Oh boy, how much fun did I have with my N64!!! It actually made the move to Colorado with me, but during the unpack month, I made the hard decision to part with it. I hope who ever adopted it at Goodwill is enjoying it.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

I love the N64 piece. I have a number of gamers in the family that would love something like this stitched up for them...maybe in the form of a pillow. Hmm, I'll definitely be bookmarking this one.

Thank you for sharing. :D
AlwaysGoofy's Blog with Cross Stitching, Quilting, and My Love of All Things Disney: http://goofinoffaroundtheblock.blogspot.com/
MelindaH

Post by MelindaH »

A few updates:

I have been unable to stitch for over a week now. I am also struggling to design, as my right arm is causing me excruciating pain. I have made only small progress on my current design, despite knowing full well what it should look like. I started a sewing project for something to do. I'm making a stuffed elephant. Using right handed scissors with my left hand was awkward, but I got it done! Mom says she's going to look for left handed scissors for me, since my right arm keeps giving me trouble. (Yes, this problem has happened before.) The actual sewing part is taking a while because I'm bad at it. :oops: Granted, the one-armedness may have something to do with that. I'm not sure how I'm going to close it up after stuffing it. It might just have to wait until my arm gets better.

I have been getting on here to check everyone's progress. There are so many beautiful projects.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Remember that we have the All Other Crafts section to post pics of your stuffed elephant! I hope that the left handed scissors helps and that your arm feels better soon. I'm sure it is frustrating not to be able to use it, but waiting an extra day or two to make sure it is healed is better than using it too soon.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I'm so sorry to hear your arm is bothering you! If you post in the other crafts section some of the other members may be able to help you. I can't really sew well, so I don't think I can.

I hope your arm feels better soon!
MelindaH

Day 031

Post by MelindaH »

Thank you for the well wishes. My arm is still bothering me, but I still managed to finish my design. What should have easily been finished in one sitting took several, much shortened, sessions to finish.
I made a little treasure map that was clearly designed by some sneaky little fluff balls. They're trying to trick us into looking for treasure while they carry out their evil plans. :kitty:
Cat Treasure

I think the spelling is pretty excellent, considering it was written by a cat.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

@rotfl:
I can well imagine one of my cats having a mental map like that.

Glad the arm's less bad than it was. Would be good if it could heal completely though.

All the best

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great map! As for the spelling, "girls" think it is purrfect!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
fccs

Post by fccs »

Fabulous!!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
MelindaH

Day 032

Post by MelindaH »

When I was a kid, the cats in our family loved to play with bubbles. When we got a dog, I tried the bubbles on her, but she quickly lost interest when she found they were nothing. Now, the cats from my childhood are gone, the dog is elderly, and I have a new cat. I bought catnip bubbles for the new cat. The new cat finds the bubbles interesting to watch, but too wet and unpredictable to play with. *sigh* At least she likes the catnip smell they leave behind.

Bubbles!

This design has only full stitches, so it could be good for a new stitcher.
AlwaysGoofy

Post by AlwaysGoofy »

A couple of new patterns posted since my last visit. They are both so fun and whimsical. You are very creative! :D

Hope your arm feels better quickly.
MelindaH

Day 033

Post by MelindaH »

Thank you. It is starting to recover, I think. It feels a bit better today. I even did some stitching.
Feather pen!
Pen and Ink

It is much easier for me to make designs without backstitching, as the level of precision needed when placing backstitches causes pain in my hand and arm. I'm not sure this makes sense, but I don't really know how else to explain it. Certain parts of this design could benefit from backstitching, but it hurts to apply it. Feel free to add as much or as little as you want.