2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

vanessanjf

Re: 2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by vanessanjf »

I need to check in because I am in pain from my wisdom tooth. I have impacted wisdom teeth which normally don't give me any trouble but have decided to wait for Christmas to hurt :tantrum: I suppose at least I won't be over eating! I am terrified of dentists too! I'm sure I won't be able to get an appointment until after Christmas (if it is still hurting which I'm hoping not :pray: )
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You should definitely try to get it sorted out! Or at least have a date you'll see the dentist after Christmas -- some things don't just fade away, alas! :anotherfrog:
fiddler

Post by fiddler »

Poor u. Hope the pain goes away and it does not spoil your Christmas to much. Am sending you :hug: :hug: :hug:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:tantrum: for all dental pain at any time of year, but especially hard on Christmas (or Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays etc etc etc). You have all my empathy. Took an event nearly 5 years ago when I fell on my face to get me to finally get over my terror about dentists. Like Serinde said
Serinde wrote: some things don't just fade away, alas! :anotherfrog:
, and I'm afraid that this won't either. Probably something you need to get taken care of. I promise you it will be better afterwards. Take it from someone who spend 60+years avoiding dentists. It doesn't work (and if they can't sedate you there is always nitrous oxide)

Feel better soon.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

I have a fear of dentists, too. My dentist in California is so wonderful and gentle (and doesn't get made if I bite him) that I still see him. I don't have dental insurance, so when I go to Cali on vacation, I make an appointment with Dr. Taylor. What? Doesn't everyone go to the dentist on vacation?

I came down with another cold Thursday night - ugh. And to make it worse, I was supposed to go down to spend Christmas Eve and Day with friends south of Denver. I told her I have a cold and asked if they still want me to come down, she said no. :-(
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

:rose: Just because you are staying in St Cross Stitchers at Christmas, it doesn't mean you don't warrant a bit of holiday cheer. :partyhat: So, not only do we have on the menu anything your collective hearts desire in the food, liquid refreshment, desserts and sweetmeats departments (see that old-fashioned ribbon candy? I'm happy to share!), but all the holly, ivy, mistletoe, poinsettias (red and white, of course) cause no snuffling at all. Our St Cross Stitchers hospital cats and dogs are here for hugs and cuddles, and they never fight (naturally!). All the decorations are the ones you love the most and make you most comfortable and happy, too. :snowman: :bandaid:
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Oh well, here again. I left from here in the end of Nov, and now I'm back. Rheuma is acting up again and painkillers are needed. Yes, and I am a woman -> I have a swimming ban once again!
At least I was able to stay at home a few weeks before I had no choice but to come back here. Just bring me a little piece of buttermilk cake. I happen to like it thanks to the fact it is eggless.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com