Our "other" STASH!

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Skattiekat

Re: Our "other" STASH!

Post by Skattiekat »

Oh and I forgot all the stamping stuff. Stamps, inks, pens, cards etc etc...........
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

....sounds like you have LOADS of stuff! :applesauce: ((((would love to see... :dance: )
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Wow, charmagne, that is some stash! :shock: (we should have a green 'jealous' emoticon).

I have only little stashes, apart from cross stitch:

Cross stitch, of course, art materials, knitting yarns-needles-tons of patterns, crochet materials (not very good at it, but fun to do), tapestry stuff (not so much a stash as a few yarns left over + yarns for the one I'm 'working' :shifty: on). EDIT: Oh and I forgot my patchwork stuff. Haven't done any for ages, though...

Um... Can I count as 'stash'? :

A PC games stash, a secret Nintendo DS stash, and lots of craft books

Besides around 1,000 fiction/non-fiction books

Everything I have been able to collect relating to Leonard Cohen: CDs, videos, his poetry (not got all his books of poetry yet) both his novels, a biography...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

Here are some pics of our craft closet which is in our kids' playroom (locked so the kids can't get into it).

The first one is a mix of things. The two sets of drawers have cross stitch, crochet, scrapbooking, and other bits and pieces. There's the 3 storage boxes of floss, my sewing basket, and our craft paints that we use on the plastercraft.

This one is the fabric side. 2 of the totes are materials for sewing (curtains, costumes, etc). One has xs fabric. Plus, there's a tote of yarn.

The top shelf here is scrapbooking and albums. The second shelf is a large piece of xs fabric for a tree skirt and fabric to re-apolster (sp?) our love seat eventually. The bottom shelf is a plastercraft barn scene which is almost 3 feet long. We've had it for over a year, but DH hasn't worked on it in quite a while.

Here's the middle section of the barn scene. Difficult to get the pic because I didn't want to take the piece down since it is heavy.

Here's more general crafts and all of our plastercraft. All of the brown boxes have one or two houses to be painted plus a few village accessories. There are also a couple of statue types in there and a bank for our daughter. Hopefully we'll get to them soon.

Close up of one of the statues (not finished yet) and houses (I think it's the train depot).
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

:shock: *thinks one silver cabinet really isn't enough*

:lol: That's a lovely collection, and how handy to have one place to keep it all!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
agi

Post by agi »

Oh, that's fantastic stash! :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: When do you have the time to do all this?
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
kerbear879

Post by kerbear879 »

Fljotsdale wrote: A PC games stash, a secret Nintendo DS stash, and lots of craft books

Besides around 1,000 fiction/non-fiction books
This is me..I've got quite a few nintendo ds games and a million books. I love to read and I find myself always heading over to barnes and noble and picking up a book here and there.
Kerri
Current WIP:
HAED Chessie-10,200 of 90,300 - 11%
HAED Catch a Falling Star-8,900 of 203,900 - 4%
HAED Wrath-46,630 of 240,000 - 19%

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerbear879/sets/
Fljotsdale

Post by Fljotsdale »

Ah! It's Waterstones for me! And there's that American one, too, can't remember it's name, but I go there if Waterstones don't have what I want. And then, of course, there is Amazon.... :wink:

Oh, and I forgot my jigsaws - D'you do them as well? I always think jigsaws and cross stitch are kind of related, 'cos cross stitch is making a pic from little crosses in the same way a jigsaw is making a pic with little bits of interlocking card. :)

Hm. Maybe we should have a book forum? Recommend craft books, do brief reviews?
Recommend fiction and non-fiction we have read recently? Hm? Rose? Whatcha think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDUTAn6Ttg" target="_blank"

Watch Leonard and the young singer! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6JssTdnvw" target="_blank"

Cohen's son, Adam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiP3PkLoMdI" target="_blank
K1nS

Post by K1nS »

haha wow now that is one big collection, at least it should keep you busy for a while :lol:
ERICSMUM

Post by ERICSMUM »

I've got x stitch, card making, scrapbooking, beading, stamping, stencilling, drawing, painting, picture framing and jigsaw stashes, way too much to complete in my life time! My trouble is that I am a magpie, attracted to anything shiny, plus I love colours.

At the moment i am also "looking after" my sister's various craft stashes, while her husband builds an extension to their house so she can have a craft room!

Linda :love:
crafty_rach

Post by crafty_rach »

Lol, I love these type of threads!! I love to bond with fellow hoarders :oops:

Here's the majority of my craft stuff:

Except for some things that are still left at my parents ... I'm actually quite proud of getting it down to the stage where I can fit it all in this shelf ... and those two large boxes on the ground.

And the books:

It's only one shelf but this is only the books that I have managed to collect of my own accord since moving out of home :roll: my mother suffers an addiction to books as well and has recently converted our spare room to a library merely to contain them in one area. Notice how I now have to stack a number of the books in piles on the shelf as they will no longer fit side by side :doh:

Edited to add: Oh yes, pardon the mess ... I blame that on being umm, young and frivolous?
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I always get the urge to go and start looking in the drawers etc to find all the threads and beads and other crafty bits when I see pictures like this, lol.

Great collection!
:applesauce: :dance: :applesauce:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Ohhh lovely stash :D