OMG- freaking Out Here

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Podolyanka

Re: OMG- freaking Out Here

Post by Podolyanka »

It all depends on what one understands as a BIG birthday.A crowd of people, heaps of food on tables, lots of presents most of which the next day will go back to the shops as you dont need them? Logically a question arises: how BIG do YOU make your family's "round" birthdays?

I am also for eating chicken wings next to the person I love and want to be with to my last minute.
Lyudmila
stitchnsew

Post by stitchnsew »

As far as feeling old(er) at your children's milestones, there can also be good points. A lot of my friends became grandparents in their early 50's, and are working with many years ahead to be working yet and not much time to be able to spend with them. I just became a grandparent at 63/64 and had just retired, so have been free to spend a lot of time, whenever I wanted to, with them
WIP
It's About Time-HAED, Ciro Marchetti
Sanctuary of Knowledge-HAED, Randall Spangler
Little Cake Shop-HAED, Aimee Stewart
Coming To Room SS MC-HAED, Jan Krasney
Everything So Beautiful-HAED, Alan Giana
A Stitch In Time-Aimee Stewart
Eden- Andy Russell
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I think you come acoss as very wise, Kuschelschaf!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Kuschelschaf wrote:Making a big deal about birthdays gets one eaten by fire ants.
This is one real and true life lesson. Should be a cross stitch, with lovely flowing font and pretty colours! Quick, copyright the phrase This Second!! :lol:
DahliaDoll

Post by DahliaDoll »

Hahahahahahaha! Sorry, but I just turned 70!

I live in Washington state but was visiting my DD in Nebraska on my 70th birthday. I invited all my Washington friends to my birthday party! No one came. I wish I had gone the whole way and sent actual invitations. LOL

On my 50th, a friend had a surprise birthday party for me. There was a huge snow storm and no one came.

I always tell myself that I'm only one day older than I was the day before!
My Blog: Crafting is My Busy-Ness

乁( •_• )ㄏ
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Such an interesting conversation. I turned 70 in August and my family really surprised me with a variety of unexpected breakfasts and dinners etc. I warned them that I was now going to be officially eccentric but wouldn't tell them what I was planning. My granddaughter is the only one who knows and it is a lovely secret between us. Mostly they think it is the absolutely outrageous "cat themed" clothes I bought (sweaters and some wild and loud leggings ) And as my step mom used to say (and she lived to 94 or 96 I think). The alternative to a birthday is simply unacceptable! (and if I am repeating myself you will have to excused me, because now I'm 70 :roll: )

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker