Newbie from North Wales with question about HAED.

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

LadyS

Re: Newbie from North Wales with question about HAED.

Post by LadyS »

Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of HAED cases here who'll sure help and encourage you along the way! I think you'll love working on these once you start. And don't forget, they're large but still just one cross at a time!
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
slinky_malinki

Post by slinky_malinki »

Hello again everyone!

Am loving this site!! I can spend hours mooching around here but it's not proving very productive to stitching :lol:

@Serinde - Yes, the name is after the Lynley Dodd characters. I used to read them to my son (now 14) when he was little, they hold very happy memories for me. We still have them! I've used the slinky_malinki ever since then. I'm not sure I'm able to start from anywhere else other than the middle, it's kind of ingrained into me now, I will have a look though when the material arrives. I know the pattern states the size of the finished stitch but I need to figure in the 'excess' needed around the piece for framing and this is making me uneasy!

@rcperryls - I'm doing the black & white version. Our dining room is decorated in whites and blues, we have a lovely big wall (that can be made blank :D ) to display it on in, oh several years time, when it's finished! The Slinky Malinki books really are awesome.

@Lady S - I will be posting updates (when I get started). I'm sure I'll get lots of kicks up the backside from all on here should I start to falter.

Can I just say - this is possibly one of the nicest forums I've seen. I've attempted to use forums before but have been disheartened by the way people seem to descend into arguments and 'bullying' and I've not seen any of that on here. Well done to you all for keeping a happy forum that's a lovely place to visit :applesauce:
Work In Progress
Michael Powell - Greek Window
HAED - Small Things

Recently Completed
DMC Chive
Xcalibre - Marina
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

This is a friendly forum... no bullying -- any perpetrator would have Rose to deal with -- :shock: -- although occasionally forthright views are exchanged, which is perfectly reasonable. Of course, we don't generally stray into areas of contention, either, not to mention that it's perfectly possible to simply not respond to a thread. (Can you imagine trying to keep up with ALL the threads??) Guess we are what we are on the CSF.

Don't forget we have a pub -- the Stash & Grab -- where I'm currently headed with my :tea: . Treehouse, again, I think! :)