Kell's Korner 2012

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

rcperryls

Re: Kell's Korner 2012

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: fantastic progress. You are going to find yourself crocheting more of these I bet. Maybe you should get plenty of extra yarn. :lol:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Great work :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
kell

Post by kell »

rcperryls wrote::applesauce: fantastic progress. You are going to find yourself crocheting more of these I bet. Maybe you should get plenty of extra yarn. :lol:

Carole
Definitely - I'm busy trying out diferent types of squares at the moment so I can decide what I'll be doing for a blanket for my own bed. Mine will be in black,w white and grey, with perhaps an accent colour - haven't made the final decision yet.
kell

Post by kell »

Here's the daisy square I tried today. It's my first attempt and not overly successful, but I might give it another try. However, I don't see me using it very much as it took forever to do that one square. Maybe it'll get quicker and easier with a bit of practice though - we'l see...

kell

Post by kell »

Tried a simple pattern for a square. This is actually the first time I've just followed a pattern from paper rather than a video, so I'm quite proud of ow it turned out. I could still use a little practice, but I think it looks not too bad at all. I think this is the square I'll use for my own blanket. I'll be using either black and white or dark grey and white, and the yarn I plan to use is a little bit thicker than this, so it'll be lovely and cosy.

Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Very nice crochet squares. :applesauce:

i'm so pleased that your son liked the badge that you made him. :D It's so nice that he appreciates his mother's stitiching. :D
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

It looks great!!! :wub:
Faith
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Looks great. but be careful. I started out one time making an afghan with left over yarn. It grew and grew and now is large enough to cover at least one king size bed if not two. Its amazing how fast these things can grow. :shock: There are some lovely granny square patterns around. I crocheted in the days long ago and long before there were videos, let along an internet so I had more time because there weren't any wonderful forums like this one to interfere with my craft time. :wink:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
kell

Post by kell »

Went to another Jubilee day thingie with Xan today, and there was a swap table. one of the items on it was a big bag full of balls of wool. So, I swapped my three small items for that and brought it home with me. :)

Did a little experiment with some fillet crochet this afternoon. I figured with a bit of practice, four of these put together would be like a Quaker-ish design (rotating each one 90 degrees, of course).

It's a first attempt and not overly successful, as it didn't really turn out very square, but it's a start...

ETA: A little bit of computer jiggery-pokery and this is roughly what it would look like with 4 of them put together. :)

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: I like that a lot. Would you alternate colors? It would be pretty with the inside a different shade or alternating shades inside and outside (or some variety of that). There are so many possibilities. But don't forget cross stitching while you are indulging in crocheting. :wink:

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
kell

Post by kell »

Don't worry - I'll have to start stitching that claddagh wedding sampler very soon. I'm just not looking forward to it after 80 of them for patches and have ben taking a little break from xs to come to it fresh and ready to go. :-)

I locked into the colours for my own afghan today - I got hold of some arran yarn in dark marl grey and white so that's it set to go.

Only one more row of Xan's blanket to be attached then the border. It will be finished very soon - it came together so quickly and was a breeze to crochet as it's all just granny squares.

I'm really enjoying the crocheting though - it's definitely becoming my in-between-xs thing. :-) I'm even considering crocheting a poncho for myself for winter. If it turns out well, gues what my sister will be getting for Xmas this year. LOL! And I'm thinking of adding a prety crocheted edging to some pillowcases for my Grom. She was a crocheter in the past so I think she'll appreciate them. :-)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Crocheted ponchos are so great. I made tons (well, several anyway) when I was in college for myself and then for friends. If they bought the yarn, I would do the work. It was a great break from studying then and they are so nice and warm too. I forgot about them. And scarves of all sorts. It was a real passion for me until I discovered cross stitching. Gave away most of my yarn to a friend's daughter who was learning to knit.
Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
kell

Post by kell »

I quite fancy making a hooded scarf (no, not a snood - a scarf with a hod attached). I think that would be lovely and cosy in the cold months. Maybe some fingerless gloves/wrist warmers to match... ;)

OMGs, I'm going to look like a hippie, all kitted out in crochet - LOL!
backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

Yes, Kell, but a WARM hippie!
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
kell

Post by kell »

And, hopefully, a stylish one. ;)
kell

Post by kell »

I finished Xan's blanket while he was at nursery and popped it on his bed ready for when he came home. His reaction was as follows:

"Oh, WOW! Is it all finished now? Is it all mine now? Can I keep it?"

I guess he (and Mr Wuffles) likes it. :)

karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

What a fantastic finish Kell!!! And the expression on Xan's face is just priceless!!! You can tell that he is easily very happy!!! :dance: :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Rose

Post by Rose »

So cool that he is so very excited about his new blanket!!!!!!! You have done a wonderful job!!!!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
kell

Post by kell »

I couldn't believe how excited Xan got about the blanlet - somehow I think bedtime could be a breeze tonight, because I think he's loking forward to snuggling under it! :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: What a precious picture. Xan is too cute and Mr. Wuffles is also. You did a great job.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat