2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

xstitchalanna

Re: 2016 Cross Stitchers Ward

Post by xstitchalanna »

mysterystitcher wrote:I am stuck in here. This rain makes my life miserable. My back has been sore for days and every time it has been raining. It is raining as I am typing this. Oh well, this is autumn. I am glad I am able to eat the delicious buttermilk cake, though, and drink the hot chocolate with ginger. Yes, and stitch.

Hope you feel better, *Sending a virtual heating pad for your back* :tea:
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Bad tummy :-( plus the knowledge that all my Saturdays up to and including November 19th are occupied :shock: : visiting the in-laws, private workshop, church workshops (3 weeks running), Craft Fair. Can I go to bed?
Goodness me Mabel you are very busy I hope you are feeling better now, especially with your busy weekends.
mysterystitcher wrote:I am stuck in here. This rain makes my life miserable. My back has been sore for days and every time it has been raining. It is raining as I am typing this. Oh well, this is autumn. I am glad I am able to eat the delicious buttermilk cake, though, and drink the hot chocolate with ginger. Yes, and stitch.
I hope you feel better soon Mysterystitcher :hug:
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lulu22 wrote:
Mabel Figworthy wrote:Bad tummy :-( plus the knowledge that all my Saturdays up to and including November 19th are occupied :shock: : visiting the in-laws, private workshop, church workshops (3 weeks running), Craft Fair. Can I go to bed?
Goodness me Mabel you are very busy I hope you are feeling better now, especially with your busy weekends.
I forgot a private workshop on 26th November...

On the plus side, tummy appears to have cleared up!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

xstitchalanna wrote:

Hope you feel better, *Sending a virtual heating pad for your back* :tea:
Aw, thanks! I sure need that. Warmth helps. I may have to use that heat pad 24/7 or at least at night. Oh well, such is life. I may switch it to my belly soon. Swimming ban, you see. :(
Poor nurses must bring me a certain kind of painkiller every morning in these days. Rheuma juvenilis is not any easy buddy to live with and the said buddy has decided to make my life miserable. Oh well, they said there will be a lot of snow on the ground soon, so no wonder my back has hurt.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:smelly: :heythere: I'm coming to join you for a few days :doh: I'll be wearing a mask so don't be scared! We've had our grandchildren with us and they always leave something behind. This time it's not odd socks.......it's a cold and sore throat :tantrum: I need lemon and honey drinks, and I'll bring an extra heat pad for you. :D
Hope my coughing doesn't keep you awake....and I will try not to snore :wink:
mysterystitcher

Oh, WW! I am so sorry for your situation! :hug: I can't but wish you the best. Ask the nurses to put an itty bitty mount of ginger in your drink. It may help, if your body can live with it.

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh I will! I like ginger! I keep a large pot of crystallised ginger in my cupboard. It's great for migraine and the nausea which goes with it. :?

I really hate colds, such a stupid illness yet it affects the whole self! :cry:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

My goodness, this place is filling up. Hope your cold is over soon Wendy. Grandchildren do leave all sorts of things behind, don't they.
This is the best place for TLC and recuperation!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
mysterystitcher

I moan here again, as you see. The rheuma is maybe going for better, but as I mentioned some time ago, I am a woman and now the swimming ban is here to sweeten my life. :(
Last edited by mysterystitcher on Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Gee Whiz! I go away for a week and look how the place fills up. :shock:

I have plumped up pillows, swept the dust kitties from the corners, there are fresh flowers in all the vases (have to save the dahlias and sweet peas from the frosts we are now having). Medicinally speaking, ginger in various forms is available 24/7, as is eucalyptus oil and lavender oil. Dr Tiny Cat takes care of prescriptions, all of which have no ill effects. *bustle bustle*
Mabel Figworthy

Poor Serinde, you haven't been back a minute and already you're already bustling around soothing aching brows - make sure you don't end up here yourself with exhaustion!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mysterystitcher

WW, I really hope you get better soon. And if you have to take ginger more than once a day, do it by all means, but carefully, especially in the evening. My joints are better, that much I know, but even their situation is a bit mystery. That means I don't know if they get achy again. So far I've made it through with 1 painkiller a day and a little mount of ginger, or maybe not so little, because the buttermilk cake has ginger in it and a lot more than I put into my hot chocolate.

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I am improving....I'm now at the blocked up/congestion stage! :doh: Past the headache and hot flushes mostly. Sore throat gone. :dance: I always sound much worse After the worst is over cos my sinuses always block up so please excuse the snoring! I'll take my bed over to the other side so as not to disturb you too much. Hope your aim is good to throw a pillow at me! :lol:

I hope you are more comfortable too! That heat pad is still here if you need it. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I'm glad that everyone is feeling better. And I'm very happy that Serinde has taken the time to straighten this place up, though it always is a warm and caring retreat for recuperating. I haven't spent much time here, but will be checking in for a while tomorrow night. Having some outpatient surgery tomorrow. My doctor found a "lump" or a "bump" in the right side of my thyroid gland a few months ago. An ultrasound showed it to be 2 centimeters larger than a nodule should be so off to another doctor for another ultrasound and biopsy (stick a needle in your nodule). Results were inconclusive. So outpatient surgery tomorrow so they can remove the right side of my thyroid, do a biopsy and either stitch it up or remove the other side, depending on the pathologist's report. So even if the results are positive, that is the treatment. Doesn't require chemo or radiation or anything besides increasing the thyroid medication I already take. The last time I had any surgery was in 1954 when I had my appendix removed and as I was only 6 at the time, I remember very little other than my father brought me a Betsy Wetsy doll that I had been desperately wanting.

So, I'm a bit nervous but know that a lovely comfy bed will be waiting for me tomorrow night. I should be fine in a day or two, and looking forward to lots of stitching as part of my recuperation.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

*wonders what the adult version of a Betsy Wetsy (which she remembers) might be in order to present it to rcp when she arrives on the ward...*
:thinks:
xstitchalanna

Post by xstitchalanna »

*Arrives in full Bio-Hazzard gear so as not to catch anything, and says in a muffled voice through the suit* Hope Ya'll feel better just popping by to bring chicken soup and Nyquil to all you sickie-poohs. :tea: :coffee: :cake: Feel better!
Working on QS Phantom of the Opera from HAED for their challenge #4
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote:*wonders what the adult version of a Betsy Wetsy (which she remembers) might be in order to present it to rcp when she arrives on the ward...*
Not sure. I do remember that you don't make the nurses happy (or your mother) when you put chocolate milk in Betsy's baby bottle to feed her with. Makes a chocolate milk mess on the bedsheets. I didn't understand why that happened. I remember worrying that my new doll baby wasn't well.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
mysterystitcher

WW, I am not the kind of person that throws pillows, except if I am very frustrated. And I am not that, at least not often.
*takes the heating pad and gives you a grateful look* I think I need this more than I want to admit. One winter, when my real life doctor friend (meaning she is a real doctor in the real life) and I had a trip, it was very cold weather and this nasty swimming ban bothered me like it does now. The doctor friend had turned on the 'seat is warm' function. I told her 'Don't stop that, I need it. It makes me feel better and relieves my pain.'
RC, I wish you all the best. I'd scream in fear in your shoes. I hope the actual medical procedure will go by fast and you get home as soon as possible and are able to stitch even a bit.
And someone here mentioned snoring. Well, I snore too, but not much. Not anymore.

Purple Patsy

Post by Purple Patsy »

Hope the procedure goes well Carole and you have a swift recovery.

Hope everyone else's ailments go soon too. :D
WIPs
The Astronomer (HaED)
Gamer Nouveau (Gecko Rouge)
Woodland Enchantress (Dimensions)
Sagi No Mai (Maia)

Finishes on forum
Starry Night with TARDIS 12 Aug 2016 -27 June 2017
Royal Holiday
Mabel Figworthy

Make as much of a chocolate mess as you need to feel better Carole, and I hope all will go smoothly and painlessly!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page