Janlynn threads

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Oortne

Janlynn threads

Post by Oortne »

Hi! I have been given a jumbo pack of janlynn threads. But all my cross-stitch books either have colour charts for either DMC or Anchor threads. Can any one help please? :?
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Is this of any use? It converts to DMC and shows particular packs of threads and gives conversions for those packs, too.
www.janlynn.com/dfnflossconversion.htm
Oortne

Post by Oortne »

That is great! Just what I have been trying to find myself with no luck. Just joined the forum for first time less than hour ago. And hey presto. :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wonderful!

I had a look where you were on the map, and you seem to be in the North Sea. Cold this time of year. :shock: :)
Oortne

Post by Oortne »

He! He! I thought it was such a big map and hard to judge. But I am 40 miles from the North Sea. :oops:
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

:D Hi from another Scot. However this one is out in the sunshine of Saudi Arabia. :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oortne, you can fine-tune your map location by using the device in the left corner to zoom in and drag yourself in from the drink if you want.

On the other hand, being a mermaid certainly is a talking point. :shock:
an_drea

Post by an_drea »

Thanks for the informatio, I don't know that Janlynn have their own threads.

Thanks! :wink:
Oortne

Post by Oortne »

I have now printed out the conversion chart for my Jumbo pack. We have very bad snow here today so looks I have a great excuse to sew. Thanks to you all. Hope we speak again. I loved the pictures fae "The Fraserbroch Quine" being an "Elgin Quine" myself.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's not bad snow! It's wonderful snow. Over here in the West, we've not seen the white stuff since November (unlike you lot in the northeast, lucky souls that you are). And it's still coming down. I'm about to take my 12 yr old black labrador out into it (I won't lose him, anyway :lol: )
And then, I may have to come back and spend the afternoon stitching, since my DH will have set the fire. What a life, eh?
Oortne

Post by Oortne »

Live in the Borders now. But come from North east. Yes our snow nothing compared to what they have had for past weeks..
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Finally!!! After living in Scotland for 4 years we got proper snow! *doing the happy dance*

Unfortunately... we had plans to go get a fish tank today (one of our fish is ill, and can't be outside anymore... at the moment in a large plastic container in the bathroom)... but it will now have to wait...

Adore the snow, though! It's magical! Just like when I was a kiddywink!
lindagibb

Post by lindagibb »

Oortne, ta for the comments about my pictures fae the Broch quine. Glad I nae at hame just noo wi a the sna.
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

all i can say about snow is yuk i hate it probably because we have it 5 months of the year here in Canada and can't wait for the warmer weather to come which should be very shortly

Debbie
Becca

Post by Becca »

I can't figure out how to put myself on the map :(
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You poor thing.

Go to the Welcome thread, and there's and announcement for the map. Follow Alex's directions, and there you go.
Becca

Post by Becca »

Thank you very much, i am now on the map :D
Oortne

Post by Oortne »

Regarding original question abot jumbo pack of janlynn threads. Well after I wasted the whole of last Sunday looking for the conversion charts and trying to match them to my project!!! I only managed to get two colours out of my free pack. So I ordered all the threads in Anchor of internet and hey they arrived on Tuesday. I thought it would take too long to come from America to ordered Janlynn threads. So I am ready for off now. :)