2023 Quick Daily Posts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

rcperryls

Re: 2023 Quick Daily Posts

Post by rcperryls »

Richard, I'm with Mabel on this one. Wishing there was more we could do than provide prayers and wishes and sympathy for what y'all are going through. I won't even begin to wonder how an administrator could make that kind of decision, but am glad that it was corrected before your father had more problems. And definitely glad that he is back in a hospital that provides the care he needs. On our side of the big pond, there would be a big (very big) lawsuit brewing, but then we are a lawsuit crazy nation.

I hope your eldest daughter gets to see the consultant. From what you've said, I expect having to reschedule is not going to be very easy. And glad to hear that your youngest is recovering, however slowly that may be it's still in the right direction.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Turns out my dad was marked for a move, then he had a relapse, and no-one removed the flagging. It was an oversight, but could have had very unpleasant consequences.

He recovered since and was moved last night to the rehab place. My step brother visited and reported that he's in good spirits.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Reading all this in one go leaves me stunned. Can't imagine what it was like for all of you. Your dad is one tough hombre, that's for sure, but still...!!

Hope everyone in your household is feeling better. Pneumonia -- indeed all sorts of interesting lung complaints -- after Covid is apparently "a thing", just sorry it happened to Eldest Daughter.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Covid has made me terribly late preparing for the K&S workshops :( but at least I've made a start, printing and putting together all the instruction booklets - plus newly designed booklets for my set of small Hardanger needle books. With bonus cat's tail :D
Tonight I'll try and put together the kits for at least one and possibly two of the workshops. It's going to be a busy weekend!

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland

Post by Roland »

For the first time, Covid hit my home. DH is now locked in the basement.

Pharmacists are allowed to prescribe Paxlovid, so I picked that up today so he can start immediately.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Poor DH, I hope hr doesn't feel too awful with it!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:28 pm Poor DH, I hope hr doesn't feel too awful with it!
I agree. And I hope you are protected too. Y’all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

rcperryls wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:39 pm
Mabel Figworthy wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:28 pm Poor DH, I hope hr doesn't feel too awful with it!
I agree. And I hope you are protected too. Y’all will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Carole
Add my hope DH is better. Seems a lot of it around…
richardandtracy

All the best. It's a horrible disease.

Regards,

Richard
richardandtracy

MIL is being sent home this afternoon. Her care package starts tomorrow.

There is a high probability she'll get home before Tracy can get there from work and open the place up. It's been empty for nigh on 2 months now, and we had to switch the central heating and hot water boiler off because the valves were stuck open, causing the boiler to run all the time & the technician/plumber substitute is arriving on Friday.

It is good news she's able to go home.
I do hope she'll be OK.

Regards,

Richard
Roland

Post by Roland »

DH shared his Covid with me. People say it’s just a cold or a flu. They are wrong. Everything hurts. Even my teeth and hair. How is that possible.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Richard, I hope everything goes well settling MIL in and that she will do fine there.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

@Roland -- take it VERY EASY (as if, from the sounds of it, you could do much else). Covid is a nasty little bugger, and there's not much you have to do that won't wait until you and DH are well again. Draft in pals to leave the shopping on the doorstep, etc., etc.

@Richard -- trust MIL was installed successfully and that the plumbing will be sorted out properly on Friday. She will be so happy to be back in her own home, I expect, although there have been so many changes in the meantime to her life. I hope she can find contentment with all her family behind her.
richardandtracy

We do hope so too.

She has some vague moments. It appears she's convinced the clocks went back last weekend, ending daylight saving time. Doesn't happen 'til 29th October here.

She is very frail, but seems to have recovered from her broken vertebrae. Just hope she doesn't fall over again soon. She really wants to live in her 'Little Bungie', and enjoy it without having to run around after FIL. Just hope she gets the chance.

Regards,

Richard.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Consider my prayer wheels spinning for this happy outcome.
richardandtracy

Oh no.
She's in Hospital again. Tracy & I slept through two phone calls last night (exhausted) and it seems she was taken to hospital by an ambulance crew. Eldest Daughter took the calls but never woke us up, just left a written note which I noticed at breakfast time. Oh dear.

Regards,

Richard
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, dear! :neutral:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:25 am @Roland -- take it VERY EASY (as if, from the sounds of it, you could do much else). Covid is a nasty little bugger, and there's not much you have to do that won't wait until you and DH are well again. Draft in pals to leave the shopping on the doorstep, etc., etc.
Couldn't say it any better. Sending lots of get well soon wishes.

Richard, I was so happy to read your first note and so sad to read the second. That poor woman has been through so much it makes my heart break and your family certainly needs a rest from crises. I don't know if I ever wished a period of near boredom for someone, but I think a little bit wouldn't hurt y'all for a while. Sending lots of hopeful thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Thank you so much.

Can I say we're getting a bit exhausted with all this? I've been at work today, so can't follow up with calls to the hospital. Tracy is off today and is trying to find out more.

Regards,

Richard
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Carole has put it very well indeed. Boring would be good for all of you; it's no wonder you are exhausted. Can I also echo her hopeful thoughts for you all.