Garnet's knitting and crochet (or what to do when your stitchy bug ups and leaves)

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Garnet

Garnet's knitting and crochet (or what to do when your stitchy bug ups and leaves)

Post by Garnet »

Hello Lovelies,

When my stitchy bug decided to go AWOL in August last year ( can't blame him really, he had been with me constantly for 18 years, he's back now, although he likes to go at a much slower pace) I decided to do some knitting and crochet instead.

I made these little characters, I'm really chuffed with how they turned out

Meet Pabal the Penguin, he would like a hug please

After these I began some crochet Granny squares, they are not the traditional Granny squares having different colours in each square, I just used the leftover wool I had and kept going, I made a blanket 12 squares by 12 squares so 144 squares in all and only had to buy the black wool for the crocheting together and border.

In progress

I wanted it large enough to go on my bed for the cold weather, however my 4.5 tog duvet seems to be enough so far, so the blanket lives on the back of my settee.

It was the first time I had crocheted the seams together and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
wendywombat

Re: Garnet's knitting and crochet (or what to do when your stitchy bug ups and leaves)

Post by wendywombat »

I too went back to knitting when my Stitchy Bug went AWOL but I stuck to jumpers and cardigans.

Your menagerie of little critters are wonderful.

But the blanket takes the biscuit! How could anyone feel downhearted waking up to that Joyful Blanket. :dance:
Brilliant, just brilliant :whoop: :whoop:
mags

Re: Garnet's knitting and crochet (or what to do when your stitchy bug ups and leaves)

Post by mags »

Brilliant work on your little characters and that blanket - wow !
Love the penguin. :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Roland

Post by Roland »

They are all so cute. Wonderful snuggly blanket too.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Your little people are adorable, and the afghan…wow!!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You know what you've done, don't you? You made your errant stitchy bug jealous 8) ... so he had to sidle back in. Wonderful critters and that blanket is the tops!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

What a great blanket. Before I found cross stitching I was a compulsive crocheter (can't knit at all because I can only manage one stitch at a time.) So made so many blankets and afghans and ponchos but never anything as precious as your little characters. Love the Santa!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker