2022 Quick Daily Posts

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: 2022 Quick Daily Posts

Post by wendywombat »

With your good care and gentle attention it won't be long before she settles right down. :wub:
I remember Carole's Rosie taking her time to establish herself.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I think that is fantastic progress! Rosey spent the first 24 hours underneath my cedar chest. Then the next six weeks in what we call the computer room for no reason other than that is where the computer room. I used a trail of Temptations that eventually but slowly brought her out and now she is kind enough to let me live in her house. Midnight Sky (is that what you decided on?) She is beautiful! Black cats are special. You are going to have a wonderful Christmas!

Carole and Rosey (who thinks you are special for taking in an adult black cat :wub: )
:kitty:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Roland

Post by Roland »

She makes me laugh. After the last year, it feels good to laugh.

I decided to get a pet as an ESA (emotional support animal), but it turns out I’m her ESH (emotional support human). LOL. I just hope she starts eating more and drinking more water. I keep dumping and giving her fresh stuff, but if she’s eating/drinking, it’s not much.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Cats don't usually drink as much water as dogs. If you are concerned, you can try keeping her water bowl in a different location from her food bowl. I learned about that after I had many cats and always kept the two bowls next to each other, that they like them in different locations. I've had cats I never saw them drinking water, one that preferred water from a dripping faucet. Is she the first cat that you've had? It sounds like you have already made great progress. Are you going to be keeping her as an indoor cat or let her outside?

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Lexi will drink from the tap (faucet), the bird bath, the gutter, any available muddy puddle, but only in the very direst emergency will she drink from her bowl :roll:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland

Post by Roland »

As a child I had fish (very boring pet and not affectionate at all) and 2 rats. Better than fish. That’s it for me and pets.

She was and will remain an indoor cat, which is what I wanted, and apparently she does not want to go outside. I assume she must be doing some eating and drinking because I scoop the results of both out of her litter box daily. Not a lot, but some.

She must have been running around the room because the litter was everywhere. Lol. I put her in my room while I vacuumed. She was still scared though, and tried to wiggle between the mattress and the wall.

I’ve now left the doors to both rooms open, so she can explore at will.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

She is going to be a delight. Vacuum cleaners are among the worst, if not the worst, monster a cat can face. I know people who put the vacuum cleaner in front of the Christmas tree to keep the cats from trying to climb it, knock off ornaments or eat tinsel. (We never put tinsel on a tree, because I had a cat that tried to eat any and every thing that resembled a string. Or that she could shred into a string.)Shirley ran under beds or blankets when the vacuum came out. Laverne kept an eye on it from a safe distance to see what evil things it was up to. I always thought she planned to kill it if she ever had the opportunity.

Have fun!

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Roland

Post by Roland »

I knew she would be scared, which is why I put her in a different room. When I was done, I immediately went in and comforted her. She has now decided she likes my room better, crawled under my quilt and fell fast asleep.
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

So glad she's settling in.

When we had Jack (allergic to cat fur) and his brother George we left them to hide wherever in the house they wanted. One hiding place was in the back of the larder under the bottom stair. They squeezed into the tiny space and hid. The only way we knew they were there was because the tight space and abundant cat fur set Jack off wheezing, and we noticed that the bottom stair wheezed. It was so funny.. After a week they didn't need to hide at all. So nice.

I'm sure she'll come out of her shell and be a right charmer.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Roland

Post by Roland »

Middle of the night, she jumped on my pillow heading up to the windowsill. It woke me up, and I jumped. She darted out of the room, and it took 2 hours to find her this morning. She is hidden under the sofa. I tried coaxing her out with tuna….but nope. At least I know she’s safe.

And she really does love cuddling. She rolls to rub her back against me, or wiggles to get my hand where she wants petted, and purrs.
fccs

Post by fccs »

She’s a beauty! My cat before Jackson was very shy and hid under my bed for a couple days, coming out when I wasn’t looking to eat, drink, and use the litter box. I’ve found that Jackson prefers water in a glass/ceramic bowl as opposed to plastic. Of course, his favorite source of water is out of the bathtub faucet.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends